PDA

View Full Version : Please Hair type me..

EvaSimone
July 17th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I am sorry to do this after all I have been here for 1 year and thought I knew my hair type (1b)... then after I updated my sig pic I received some interesting feed back from Tiny_Teesha and Katze that made me think. Here is what they had to say:

Katze: "1b? Are you sure?!?! My hair's straighter than yours and I think of myself as a 2a. 1b isn't wavy at all, but just has more body than 1a hair. With those spirals you are easily 2b or 2b, even in the pic you posted with the 'cones and your hair looking 'straight' it is at least as wavy as mine...
Beautiful color and shine, by the way! ;)"

Tiny_Teesha: "I love your siggy, is that your hair, i thought you are a 1b, how did you make the curl? If that curl is natural you are at least a 2c!!!"

These comments made me think and now I have no idea what hair type I am I guess I am either a 1c,2a, or 2b what do the experts think? lol :)

Here are my pics airdried, no touching and I haven't used silicones in months.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/rszpara/hair-24-1.jpghttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/rszpara/hair-01-1.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/rszpara/hair-07.jpg
Brushed out:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/rszpara/hair-06-1.jpg

One thing is for certain... I am definately not 1b. ;)

Firefly
July 17th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Wow, beautiful, beautiful hair! And yeah, I would vote for a 1c as well. 8)

Tangles
July 17th, 2008, 07:10 PM
1c. I consider myself a 2b with 2a tendencies when brushed/'coned. You're certainly not in the 2 range IMO.

EvaSimone
July 17th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for your replies I think 1C seems right. I am heading off to work in a few minutes so I'll check back tomorrow morning to see what everyone else thinks! :D

Shorty89
July 17th, 2008, 07:31 PM
That looks similar to my hair. I call myself a 1b/1c, but lately I've been leaning towards 1c. I'd say 1C for you. Beautiful hair, by the way.

tiny_teesha
July 18th, 2008, 03:01 AM
I actually think you are a 2b...still...because if you get ringlets you are in the 2c category, but that means your hair need to look like braid waves, and they are slightly less wavy then that, so in that sence your hair looks about as wavy as mine.
Here is the typing article thing (http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html):

1) The straight ones
1a - stick straight
1b - straight but with a slight body wave, just enough to add some volume, doesn't look wavy
1c - straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves (e.g. nape of neck or temples)

2) The wavy ones
2a - loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair
2b - shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)
2c - distinct S-waves and the odd spiral curl forming here and there

But then in the photo section your hair is too straight to be 2b, so then perhaps you are 2a?
photos (http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/PhotoAlbum20.html)

Your a difficult case indeed! If we ignore your ringletty neck hair, 2a. DEFINATELY not in the 1 category at all if you have distinct waves, your hair is wavy! So maybe you are a 2a/2b or whatever, but at least 2a! :)
My 2 cents.

Katze
July 18th, 2008, 03:04 AM
...see, those spirals are what make me think she's a 2. 2a or 2b.

And not all waves "look like braid waves." Some of the descriptions are, I find, confusing, especially for those of us in the "borderlands."

Mine look a lot like Eva's, in fact, except that my hair is thinner and shorter. I consider myself a 1c/2a - just on the border, because even though my hair can look "straight" I have ringlets underneath. So I take the average wave/curl.

Eva, congratulations, whatever you are, you're a wavy! And you have lovely hair!

Nat242
July 18th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Apart from that pesky ringlet, your hair looks like mine - 1C/2A. You have more than "one or two" S-waves in your hair, but they're not completely "throughout" the hair either.

Just my opinion.

Your hair is lovely, btw!

-- Natalie

Meli
July 18th, 2008, 03:28 AM
I think you are.... MY HAIRTWIN! :smooch:

In the pictures, it looks too wavy to be 1c, but not quite wavy enough to claim solid 2a. I wouldn't be surprised if you have solid 2a-waves some days, and if you like, you could probably set your hairtype to 2a. I have been thinking about doing that myself, because I also get some occasional (very loose) ringlets, but then I have those straighter days too, when I think I'm not quite in the 2a-range anyway...

goldenwaves
July 18th, 2008, 03:51 AM
I'd say 2a. I don't think it's 1c because you have more than just a few waves!!

Katze
July 18th, 2008, 04:19 AM
I agree, she does have ' loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair' . So 2a? OR even '2b - shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)'

Again the 'braid waves' aspect is confusing. Also, the ringlets beginning at 2c. If EvaSimone and I both have ringlets, this does not make us 2c, does it?

I think of my boyfriend as 2c or even 3a (this is his brushed, slicked down hair in a ponytail: it's normally much fluffier and wild than this):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annecat73/2309635087/

He has ringlets, big thick 'boiiinnggy' ones, no matter what he does. EvaSimone and I have more spiraly, lazy, 'wavy' ringlets - what I call 'double helix waves' - and mine at least can be brushed out into bumps. If I brush BF's hair, the ringlets don't go away...

liseling
July 18th, 2008, 04:37 AM
I'm going to go with 2a. When I think of 2b I think of waves that are a bit more consistent throughout the whole head. But definitely wavy!

Meli
July 18th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I agree, she does have ' loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair' . So 2a? OR even '2b - shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)'

Again the 'braid waves' aspect is confusing. Also, the ringlets beginning at 2c. If EvaSimone and I both have ringlets, this does not make us 2c, does it?

I think of my boyfriend as 2c or even 3a (this is his brushed, slicked down hair in a ponytail: it's normally much fluffier and wild than this):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annecat73/2309635087/

He has ringlets, big thick 'boiiinnggy' ones, no matter what he does. EvaSimone and I have more spiraly, lazy, 'wavy' ringlets - what I call 'double helix waves' - and mine at least can be brushed out into bumps. If I brush BF's hair, the ringlets don't go away...

IMHO, I think 2c ringlets are supposed to be the "bouncy" kind, like your BF has - not the kind of "lazy" double helix wavy ringlets that we have. Mine too turns to waves when I comb them - actually, light fingercombing is enough to make them fall out to waves.

n3m3sis42
July 18th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I get those ringlets around my neck, too. I have been calling myself a 2a, but I think I may actually be a 1c because my hair has been MUCH less wavy since I started henna-ing. I'm guessing you are also either a 1c or 2a, but I can't help much beyond that because I am not sure on myself either.

Feng-Shui
July 18th, 2008, 07:34 AM
They have very beautiful hair. I think its type of hair am 1c-2a.

Many greetings from Feng-Shui :flower:

Amoretti
July 18th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I'd say 2a, just like me. Your hair looks a lot like mine did at that length.

paper
July 18th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I just wanted to say, you have pretty hair. The color and waves are gorgeous.

EvaSimone
July 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM
So after a bit of thinking I have decided to put my hair as 2a, it's too wavy for 1c but like another poster mentioned it's not quite solidly 2a. But I believe I am definately am more on the side of 2a though.

I feel a little silly just now realizing that my hair is a totally different type than what I originally thought but oh well :p

I want to give a big thanks to everyone who took the time to post and help me out with my dilemma!

Also a special thanks to Tiny_Teesha and Katze, if it wasn't for them I would still think I was a 1b. :flower: