PDA

View Full Version : Growing Gray Out.....will this be painful?

Artsygirl71
February 6th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Decided to grow out my gray hair. Gray is a strip in front (kinda like Stacie on "What Not To Wear). I have no bangs. So far 1" is grown out and it looks ok right now. I am concerned that it will look dumb when it grows out further (like 1/2 gray, 1/2 Dk brown). Any thoughts? Do you think I should just cut bangs?:o

ladyfey
February 6th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I think it'll be okay! Only cut bangs if you want them, they are a pain to grow out! If you don't like the steak at some point in the growing out process, you could use one of those temporary hair mascaras to hide the gray. Just until it gets to a more comfortable length for you.

Madora
February 6th, 2012, 08:33 AM
It will only be as "painful" as you make it.

If you are concerned about the incoming grey looking strange, then you can always resort to some kind of coloring as a last resort. I wouldn't cut bangs..but its your hair.

A lot of us here have embraced our sparklies with relish.

dulce
February 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
The gray streaks in long hair ends up looking like expensive highlights and looks gorgeous in buns,braids and a french twist.I was initially scared to grow mine out too but now love the look.The variegated shiny silver colours which dyes cannot reproduce [they only give a flat colour] are awesome.So don't be afraid!!

dulce
February 6th, 2012, 10:32 AM
My first silvers were in my bangs too,now they 're all over.

dulce
February 6th, 2012, 10:38 AM
With long hair ,one long silver streak in the front, down one side is so sophisticated! I have to wear bangs as I have a high forehead but if I didn't ,I would go for that look..

turtlelover
February 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I would have never survived my grow out a few years back w/out cutting short and layers, but others tough it out and don't cut. There are a lot of helpful people on the renegray thread that can tell you what has worked for them.

spidermom
February 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Like - "will it hurt?" Nope, not one bit.