PDA

View Full Version : Worst case hair scenerio?

rena
February 6th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Do you have a worst case hair scenerio (wchs) when it comes to your hair? Anything in particular that would prove especially inconvenient when your hair is involved?

My wchs is:

I've been invited to somewhere, like a public place where you have to look presentable, and the date falls on a wash-day, that's also somehow a day so busy that I can't find time to wash my hair until too late. :eek: For me, this means zero time to dry since I need leave-in conditioner in it, which causes it to take forever. But I also don't want to look greasy or matted. Can't use the blow dryer either. Oh yeah, and its winter too.

Actually kind of bothered that I would have to schedule whole events according to my hair, but since I really wouldn't want something like this to happen, I guess thats how it is until otherwise :p. I've had this idea floating around in my head for quite a while and I just wondered if anyone else has a wchs? If you don't now, how about before your hair improved or before it got longer? Maybe even before you found TLHC?

Neneka
February 6th, 2012, 01:09 AM
If I go crazy and use harsh chemical dye or bleach on my hair... That really could happen. Or if I use something really permanent on it like henndigo at a whim.

The absolutely worst thing that could happen to my hair is the damage to my hair follicles. Like if my scalp burns or gets damage from the chemical dye (that I used because I went crazy). Losing hair wouldn't be that bad but not being able to grow it again properly would be bad.

So I am afraid of going crazy. :agree:

Synnovea
February 6th, 2012, 01:15 AM
I have an irrational fear, whenever I go to the movie theater, that some punk behind is me is going to deliberately throw gum or candy in my hair.

I imagine this is left over paranoia from having this happen to me in middle school.

elthia
February 6th, 2012, 01:49 AM
I work in a hospital...I have ended up with someone else's vomit in my hair, and that was near the beginning of my shift. I had 10 hours left to work after that. I washed the bits I could, put it in a french twist, and tried not to smell myself. Then I washed it REALLY good as soon as I got home.

I guess worst case for me would be it happening again, but maybe with a patient who actually had food in the stomach instead of just bile...

fridgee
February 6th, 2012, 02:51 AM
My wchs would be waking up on the morning of my wedding with chunks of my hair fallen out. :( makes me sad just thinking about it!

HollywoodRouge
February 6th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I read a horror story in a thread over here, and can safely say ever since then i've been paranoid of someone coming up behind me and just chopping all my hair off!
Definitely worst case scenario for me.
Or my hair just falling out and never growing back :o

HollywoodRouge
February 6th, 2012, 03:03 AM
haha, didn't mean to post a smily at the end, didn't know the =0 face was a smily here.

blondie9912
February 6th, 2012, 04:02 AM
If I go crazy and use harsh chemical dye or bleach on my hair... That really could happen. Or if I use something really permanent on it like henndigo at a whim.

The absolutely worst thing that could happen to my hair is the damage to my hair follicles. Like if my scalp burns or gets damage from the chemical dye (that I used because I went crazy). Losing hair wouldn't be that bad but not being able to grow it again properly would be bad.

So I am afraid of going crazy. :agree:

As a previous highlight addicts, I'd have to agree and say this is my wchs. I'm scared that I will relapse before my hair is all grown out, argh!

pepperminttea
February 6th, 2012, 05:37 AM
My worst case scenario would either be a significant shed (after which the hair didn't grow back, and I never regained the thickness :bigeyes: ), or discovering my terminal length is much shorter than hoped. :(

jacqueline101
February 6th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I'd get bored with my hair and cut it off or my new beauty shop will get snip happy and trim too much off. I'm afraid I will get dye happy or get chemical happy ruin my hair.

Amber_Maiden
February 6th, 2012, 06:30 AM
That I end up cutting my hair short again because some perverted guy sniffs my hair... I don't think i could take that again...

or it being so damaged that I have to cut it off. Damaged from what I have no idea...

Long_hair_bear
February 6th, 2012, 06:44 AM
The worst yet for me was when I bleached my own bangs and a chunk of them broke off! Lesson learned, if you HAVE to bleach, let a pro do it!

MonaLisa
February 6th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I'm scared of shedding and losing thickness :( So scared of this..

Shesta
February 6th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I'm scared of shedding and losing thickness :( So scared of this..

Ditto for that. The worst thing is losing hair and being unable to get it back :rolleyes:

dwell_in_safety
February 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Bleaching it (would look horrible with my skin tone, too) or a huge shed from which it never recovers, not even with supplements such as Biotin.

luxepiggy
February 9th, 2012, 02:36 AM
That one day I'll get cancer and need chemotherapy, and all my hair will be gone gone gone, and won't be the same texture anymore when it grows back (/(oo)\)`

mzBANGBANG
February 9th, 2012, 06:46 AM
My WCHS is having a dream that I cut my hair really short (something I did often in high school) and then when I wake up, it is actually short. I think that is when I get the most anxious.

The second one is the trim I have planned for tomorrow morning (which I am seriously considering canceling). I'm going with my mother and I'm afraid she'll OK the stylist to take off more than I wish. There's a thread bouncing around now of a stylist who took of 8 inches too much and now I have this fear it will happen to me, too.

And the third WCHS! Is that I spend years growing my hair out only to find I look horrendous with long hair. Lol

Long_hair_bear
February 9th, 2012, 06:57 AM
That one day I'll get cancer and need chemotherapy, and all my hair will be gone gone gone, and won't be the same texture anymore when it grows back (/(oo)\)`

That may or may not happen to my mom. She has cancer right now but I guess some new chemo techniques can spare her long hair. I don't care for her long hair though since she never, ever trims it for religious reasons. It looks scraggly on the ends. Some people can go without trims for years; her not. She was thinking of cutting her hair off to make a wig if it was going to fall out anyway, but the doctor assured her that it wouldn't. :D

I hope that never happens to you, piggy! Your hair is too gorgeous to lose!

hairyfan21
February 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
The worst case scenario for me is when my hair gets too crazy and I don't have the time to go get it cut. I usually get it cut every 2 months, I get it buzzed and faded. Or rather, starting from now I used to get it buzzed and faded. I'm planning to grow my hair to my shoulders for the first time in my life.

hairyfan21
February 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Luxepiggy don't think like that. From the picture you have shown, you look to be a beautiful young woman. And its not just your hair that makes you beautiful. I don't think you will ever get cancer. And even if one day you decide you want to get a new haircut and cut your hair short like Halle Berry, I'm sure you would look very nice and it would work well with your face. :)

PixxieStix
February 9th, 2012, 08:46 AM
For me, it would be one of two things:

-My trichotillomania coming back with a vengeance and not being able to stop myself from pulling it all out again and doing even more damage. I already have a thinner crown area than the rest of my head and I'm praying it will fill in fully in the next few years.

-I get cancer and lose my hair and whatever other parts they have to cut off. EEEK! On the bright side, I already know I look cute bald, so at least that part would not be an issue for me.

spidermom
February 9th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Getting cancer, losing all my hair.

hairyfan21
February 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I'm sorry, I'm new here. What is trichtillomania?

pepperminttea
February 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I'm sorry, I'm new here. What is trichtillomania?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=trichotillomania ;)

lillikins
February 9th, 2012, 10:11 AM
The worst yet for me was when I bleached my own bangs and a chunk of them broke off! Lesson learned, if you HAVE to bleach, let a pro do it!

Not necessarily. I've been bleaching and dying my own hair since I was 14

twopoints
February 9th, 2012, 10:15 AM
The absolute worst hair scenario is if a person's hair gets caught in machinery and he/she gets scalped or worse. The second worst would be if the scalp gets scarred, which would leave a permanent bald spot as hair follicles do not grow in scarred tissue.

Mai Gloeckchen
February 9th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Besides all that irrational paranoia about someone cutting off my hair, burning or glueing it... my real fear is, that I will loose my hair. I lost the half of it last summer and I am really scared that this could happen again.

Tia2010
February 9th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Worst case...I don't want to write it...I may jinx myself :o But I guess it would be losing all my hair without the ability to grow it back...I can handle bald/short for a while, but if I couldn't ever get it back to where I wanted, I would be very sad.

I also use to have a dream (a few times a year or so) that I was meeting someone (either a cute guy or someone famous) and my hair would always be jacked up and horrid looking and I would be running around trying to get it fixed before I met the person... I hate that dream...so that would be another worst case (not as bad as worse case but bad none the less) :D

StellaKatherine
February 9th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I had almoust experienced the real hair loose..

My 10 years younger sister was little then and i had a little nap, when i sadenly i woke up and see my sister with big smile and even bigger scissors in her one hand and my long braid in the other hand. She was going to cut it! Luckey i woke up at right moment, it's like me braid shooted " wake up - save me " hehe. So anyhow, i didn't loose the hair that day and my little sister went to her own room and cutted her own hair short - yep.

But even now i sometimes so worried that someone will cut my hair - like in the buss or somewhere, as i know a friend who actually lost her hair in the buss. She had her super long and thick and blond natural hair. And one day she went into the full buss and when left it she noticed she had no hair... the braid was cutted off. So yes, the worst case would it be cutted by a stranger somewhere...

Tia2010
February 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
The absolute worst hair scenario is if a person's hair gets caught in machinery and he/she gets scalped or worse. The second worst would be if the scalp gets scarred, which would leave a permanent bald spot as hair follicles do not grow in scarred tissue.

shudder:
Okay..scalped...that is now my new worst case. I get chills just thinking about that!!!!!!

jojo
February 9th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I travel by public transport and if my hairs in a braid I have to bring it forward as im paranoid some nutter will chop it off! this actually happened to my husband when i first met him, he had around apl hair in a pony and some lads thought it funny to chop it off, i was fuming!

cfreya
February 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM
My WCHS is having a dream that I cut my hair really short (something I did often in high school) and then when I wake up, it is actually short. I think that is when I get the most anxious.

The second one is the trim I have planned for tomorrow morning (which I am seriously considering canceling). I'm going with my mother and I'm afraid she'll OK the stylist to take off more than I wish. There's a thread bouncing around now of a stylist who took of 8 inches too much and now I have this fear it will happen to me, too.

And the third WCHS! Is that I spend years growing my hair out only to find I look horrendous with long hair. Lol

2 and 3 are absolutely mine also ! Im going for a trim tomorrow and have been reading that thread, worst thing we possibly could have done ! But don't worry I am sure our trims will go fine !! :)

pink.sara
February 9th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Well I've cut it all off to bleach it, and cut it all off to remove dreads, so the only actual fear is total long term alopecia!

Rilig
February 9th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I have an irrational fear, whenever I go to the movie theater, that some punk behind is me is going to deliberately throw gum or candy in my hair.

I imagine this is left over paranoia from having this happen to me in middle school.

Actually, gum is easy to comb out if you apply peanut butter or oil to it. Takes a while, but no cutting!

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 02:35 PM
That my hair will suffer severe breakage, thin rapidly and permantenly or just fall out and never grow back. My worst case scenerio is actually possible and i am really scared of it happening....So, i am going to a convention to meet my all time favorite star and idol Holly Marie Combs, i am IN LOVE with her beautiful hair and feel so jealous just looking at pictures, even since i saw it, i have wanted it and tried nearly everything to get my own hair like it (i still have not given up and do not plan to) i am teriffed that with the current unpredictable state of my hair, come june when the convention is, it will not be consistent and predictable and nearly perfect, i am scared that i will get there, wash my hair and have it dry limp, flat and just ugly looking with no time or way to fix it, then one of the possibly best days ever will be spent with me staring at her beautiful hair and feeling so inadequete that i will not even enjoy the day...either that or i will learn her hair is incredibly thicker than mine (which i would find hard to believe because it looks so similar to mine in the pictures if i straighten my hair! that and i have quite thick hair) and completly not able for me to imitate anymore... or her hair will not be nearly as beautiful in person...many many horrors. I also am scared that my hair will look bad at longer lengths, of will not be able to grow long with a blunt hemline or it will be too weak to grow long...in general i am scared of thin hair (no offense to those who have thin hair, i just like my hair) i am scared of having thin, stringy unkempt looking hair (think, heat fried and not trimmed and thin) hair...i just want long full healthy locks...is that so much to ask?

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Worst case...I don't want to write it...I may jinx myself :o But I guess it would be losing all my hair without the ability to grow it back...I can handle bald/short for a while, but if I couldn't ever get it back to where I wanted, I would be very sad.

I also use to have a dream (a few times a year or so) that I was meeting someone (either a cute guy or someone famous) and my hair would always be jacked up and horrid looking and I would be running around trying to get it fixed before I met the person... I hate that dream...so that would be another worst case (not as bad as worse case but bad none the less) :D

Yes, now that i think of it, writting my fears may jinx them...oh crap! i feel the same about the celebrity thing and the not getting your hair back...

lmfbs
February 9th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Mine is that my trichotillomania comes back, but worse. I never pulled it all out, but I did have bald spots behind my ears and towards the back. Even now, I freak out a bit when I accidentally pull out my hair.

Scalping has got to come in as a close second!

Sushi144
February 9th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I have a few horror scenarii in mind :

* My hair being catch up by a firecracker (or in general by any flame for a candle or anything) and burning entirely. Thank you grandma for telling me it happened to one of your friend, now I'm paranoid ! :doh:

* My braid being randomly cut in public transport. It was a common thing in Paris subway before WWI.

* And of course, a scene from the last Piranhas, by Alexandre Aja. First, a girl's hair is caught in the propeller of a boat and the skin from her whole face is ripped off. YIIIIIKES ! :scared: And after that, another girl is eaten by the piranhas which grabbed her hair.
Yes, I like horror movies. :D But this is the first one which succeds in making me want to cut off my hair.

Sushi144
February 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Oh, and also, cancer and chemo. But cancer is not only a worst hair case scenario but a worse case scenario in general. I would not be only afraid loosing hair but also afraid of dying...
That was CAPTAIN OBVIOUS !!! :rockerdud

QMacrocarpa
February 10th, 2012, 07:03 AM
My wchs is:

I've been invited to somewhere, like a public place where you have to look presentable, and the date falls on a wash-day, that's also somehow a day so busy that I can't find time to wash my hair until too late. :eek: For me, this means zero time to dry since I need leave-in conditioner in it, which causes it to take forever. But I also don't want to look greasy or matted. Can't use the blow dryer either. Oh yeah, and its winter too.

Actually kind of bothered that I would have to schedule whole events according to my hair, but since I really wouldn't want something like this to happen, I guess thats how it is until otherwise :p.
When I was in that situation, I just washed the day before I usually would, it was no biggie! If it was last-minute, I'd delay the wash to the next day. In the unlikely event that I washed my hair and THEN received an invitation to lunch with the queen that very day, I would braid it and put it up. I don't like putting my hair up wet (it never gets dry), but in a pinch I could do it. Bending my wash schedule around my life seems much more appealing than the reverse!

I can't really think of a wchs. I suppose my habit of making hairsticks gets out of hand and I end up with no room to move around the house and have to rappel out of a second-floor window to safety. :o

melusine963
February 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Having to look presentable on wash day is my pet peeve. I've worked really hard to stretch my washes from every 3-4 days to every 5, and now once a week, and I hate to mess up my schedule. I'm still slightly in the transition phase, and I get very self-conscious when I have to interact with people and my hair looks greasy.

Ligeia_13
February 13th, 2012, 12:24 PM

This is mine too. I guess it makes me seem kind of shallow that if I got cancer, I'd be worried about my hair but it is what it is :/