PDA

View Full Version : Madonna's Hair during halftime show!

swearnsue
February 5th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Just saw Madonna's halftime show during the Superbowl. Her hair looked pretty good I thought. I can't believe she is 53 years old. I could tell her age though by the way she moved on stage like she is getting arthritis. She bleaches her hair but it was long and bouncy, didn't look fried.

Scarlet_Heart
February 5th, 2012, 06:55 PM
What? I can only pray I can move like that when I'm 53. Come to think of it, I can't move like that now. :\

AMW
February 5th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I think she had extensions on .... What do you think?

jacqueline101
February 5th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I still think she has nice hair real or fake.

rachel809
February 5th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I noticed that she has been wearing her hair at that length for a few months now - whether real or extensions I have no idea. The soft curls and variations of it (I think during the Half Time they were a bit tighter) look really nice, but her plastic surgery is getting very crazy. I cannot stop looking at her cheek implants!

But ditto to Scarlet_Heart: I cannot move like that at 25!

MsBubbles
February 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I can't believe she could move at all in those heels! I was wondering if she could have danced more/better not wearing them.

Cara Heather
February 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM
lol I thought the same thing about her moving around like she had arthritis and justified it by her balancing the helmet thing but after it was off... ya she moved like a 60yr old wearing a too tight teenager outfit. I hope I look that good at that age which I know I won't. I am 31 with 2 types of arthritis. Bleh.

turtlelover
February 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I love her hair! MUCH better than anything she did to it in the 80s. I hope that I look that good at 53! She is in SHAPE. Very inspiring!

princessp
February 5th, 2012, 10:17 PM
The show was excellent. She is a complete inspiration -love her!

HintOfMint
February 5th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I thought it was a fantastic show! I did notice her hair was wonderfully shiny, but I'm not going to bother myself with how she did that because I'm assuming it was a metric butt-ton of hairspray.

fluffybunny
February 5th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I liked the hairstyle but part of it was extensions. Her hair is just past shoulder length http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video/#!/entertainment/music/Madonnas-So-Nervous-for-the-Super-Bowl/138687094

Keller1128
February 5th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I saw her hair and thought there would be a discussion about it on LHC! I thought it was beautiful but that it was extensions at best. Still gorgeous, nonetheless.

oktobergoud
February 6th, 2012, 01:58 AM
What? I can only pray I can move like that when I'm 53. Come to think of it, I can't move like that now. :\

Lol exactly this!

jasper
February 6th, 2012, 04:38 AM
I knew there would be a thread here on this topic! I can't remember seeing her hair so long before. (not that I have followed her career since the 90's)

I thought her hair looked somewhat fake. It didn't seem to move like hair should, so if it really was real hair, it must have had a lot of spray holding those curls through that workout/performance.

I was glad when she took off the headdress thing. I liked the performance, but was a little afraid of some of those tumbling moves!

xoxophelia
February 6th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I don't see why everybody keeps commenting on her showing her age (ETA: on the news and people I know irl). She has had facial plastic surgeries to avoid showing her age and it makes her face look sort of plasticy. I think it would be a good thing if she was willing to show her age and we were more accepting of it. I mean, of course it is a good idea to stay in shape and take care of one's self.. but there is no reason for people to debate if she looks her age or not. :shrug:

bna_rapunzel
February 6th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Arthritis? Holy smokes I could barely even tell. Granted, she had a spotter but all those flips and moves she was doing were great. It was a great halftime show and before it even started I said I was going to clean the kitchen. Thnks to a very great game and a wonderful halftime show, I never got around to it lol. Go Madonna! I hope when I'm 53 I can still move like that and make it look easy. :)

turtlelover
February 6th, 2012, 08:34 AM
There were some extensions used, but her own hair is actually pretty long now.... a good bit past shoulder.

bumblebums
February 6th, 2012, 08:43 AM
When I was younger, I wondered how her hair doesn't fall out of her head, with all the dyeing and styling. That was before I realized that they can make awesome wigs and extensions...

I think she looks damn good for her age, though it is obviously not something that can be accomplished without artifice.

heidi w.
February 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I didn't watch the Superbowl, nor Halftime, nor Madonna. I just now looked at photos of the show, and it seems she was working with a kind of Roman Warrior theme, invoking God/Goddess images, such as "Aries", or so it appeared to me. I saw one photo of a troupe of women in V on their feet/hands, kneeled down....that's dancing? WOW!

The fact that she can move at all, in even 2 inch heels that looked fairly solid to me, ok, maybe 3 inches, she has m respect. Wait til you're 53, and then we'll talk about how you can probably not even barely run anymore.

heidi w.

ktani
February 6th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Here is a video of her performance - she looks and moves great to me, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyfdoZldrS4

And whether it is all her hair or not - I love it!

misspurdy06
February 6th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I saw how she was moving on stage too. Kind of slower and more labored than she used to. Like you said maybe arthritis.

turtlelover
February 6th, 2012, 09:57 AM
She needed to ditch those ridiculous high heel boots -- she would have looked MUCH lighter on her feet.

moxamoll
February 6th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the link ktani! Good show - nice mix. Honestly? I kept getting distracted by admiration for the engineering of the stage!

BlondieHepburn
February 6th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I don't see why everybody keeps commenting on her showing her age (ETA: on the news and people I know irl). She has had facial plastic surgeries to avoid showing her age and it makes her face look sort of plasticy. I think it would be a good thing if she was willing to show her age and we were more accepting of it. I mean, of course it is a good idea to stay in shape and take care of one's self.. but there is no reason for people to debate if she looks her age or not. :shrug:

This exactly. Every time someone comments about how *enter star's name here* looks so amazing for his/her age, I think :bs:. Sure, if you have millions of dollars to spend on surgery, botox, personal trainers, awesome makeup, tailor-made designer clothing, etc., of course you'll look great at "xx" years old.

heidi w.
February 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Right. They have people fixing her hair, for her, even.

I one time heard Oprah comment about her photo shoots for her magazine cover. She stated that she better look good for the 30 or so people in the room attending to details of the photo shoot.

IF I had boatloads of money and people to tend to my every detail of my image, I'd look fantastic too.

heidi w.

Carolyn
February 6th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Did we all see the same commercial? I thought she looked fantastic. I don't care if her hair was dyed or if it was extensions. Like so what? I thought it looked really good. Arthritis? No I didn't think she wasn't moving around like someone with arthritis. I'd like to know how many women could dance like that in heels that high at any age? Wow :rolleyes:

Annalouise
February 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I think Madona looks like a hot mess. :(

Amazinggrace
February 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I didn't think her movements were labored. I think they were very planned, that is necessary with that many people/moving parts/stage size. I think she did amazing for all of the diffrent acrobatics and dancing. If I can move half as well at 53 I'll be very happy. :)

beachgirlla
February 6th, 2012, 10:30 AM
So how's the 53 years old woman suppose to move !!, 53 is still very young and healthy, you guys are talking like she is 93, LOL

I can't believe these comments about 53 or even some claimed she is 60 and moving like a teen so what?, she is entertainer and this is her job, she is in an amazing shape, probably better than 60% of us here who are half of her age, at least she is fit :)

vanity_acefake
February 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I've just watched it on YouTube and it was magnificent.
She is one amazingly fit lady.

beachgirlla
February 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Did we all see the same commercial? I thought she looked fantastic. I don't care if her hair was dyed or if it was extensions. Like so what? I thought it looked really good. Arthritis? No I didn't think she wasn't moving around like someone with arthritis. I'd like to know how many women could dance like that in heels that high at any age? Wow :rolleyes:

I agree, these comments about arthritis are ridiculous coming out from some barley crossed teen age, I'm sure whoever put that comment there can barley run a quarter mile without calling 911, I feel this was a rude comments for all women who are 50+, I'm wondering if any of those would have commented on Tom Cruise (who will be 50 this year) running around in his latest movie Mission Impossible, why no one commented on him having arthritis too!!

Kira94
February 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Are there any pictures? :) I didn't watch the Superbowl.

ktani
February 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the link ktani! Good show - nice mix. Honestly? I kept getting distracted by admiration for the engineering of the stage!

You are very welcome.

Are there any pictures? :) I didn't watch the Superbowl.

Here it is for you, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1985058&postcount=20

And re arthritis, I knew there were a number of kinds, but not 200, and it can strike at any age, even babies,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-97558/Why-young-people-crippled-arthritis.html

ktani
February 6th, 2012, 11:57 AM
When people are in their 30s and 40s, 53 is old. Just get there lol, and it is younger than you think. The same used to be said for women reaching 30, in a youth oriented, North American society. "After 30, a woman is past her prime". Rubbish.

I watched a documentary on this a while back, people staying physically active into their 90s and living longer lives in certain areas of the world.

This is a study about what they call the "Blue Zones" around the world.

In the documentary I watched a Japanese man still went out in his small boat and fished and swam, the way he had all his life. He was 90. He still had an active social life too.

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/crp/2011/679187/
"Conclusion. Modifiable risk factors, such as physical activity, diet, smoking cessation and mid-day naps, might depict the “secrets” of the long-livers; these findings suggest that the interaction of environmental, behavioral together with clinical characteristics may determine longevity."

Mairéad
February 6th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I really liked her. I didn't grow up during her era but I did recognize many of the songs. I thought she looked fantastic and I don't care how much is due to fake hair, botox, or surgery. She looked great and the half time show was a blast.

littlenvy
February 6th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I noticed that she has been wearing her hair at that length for a few months now - whether real or extensions I have no idea. The soft curls and variations of it (I think during the Half Time they were a bit tighter) look really nice, but her plastic surgery is getting very crazy. I cannot stop looking at her cheek implants!

But ditto to Scarlet_Heart: I cannot move like that at 25!
Yeah, the cheekbones thing freaks me out too.

As for the show ... it was just that, a very good show! :) Good on her.

Cjatje
February 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I didn't think her movements were labored. I think they were very planned, that is necessary with that many people/moving parts/stage size. I think she did amazing for all of the diffrent acrobatics and dancing. If I can move half as well at 53 I'll be very happy. :)

Exactly! I would be so happy if I had a condition like that :)

woolyleprechaun
February 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM
She looks great for her age, hair and all. Although I think its unrealistic to hope to be like that myself.....Its not like she has to live in the real world is it? Im close to half her age and Im counting the stress wrinkles.....;)

MonaMayfair
February 6th, 2012, 12:46 PM
So how's the 53 years old woman suppose to move !!, 53 is still very young and healthy, you guys are talking like she is 93, LOL

I can't believe these comments about 53 or even some claimed she is 60 and moving like a teen so what?, she is entertainer and this is her job, she is in an amazing shape, probably better than 60% of us here who are half of her age, at least she is fit :)

I know, it's weird to me to think this is at all old. My parents were 47 and 67 when I was BORN!

lillikins
February 6th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Extensions more than likely. haha... I didn't get to watch the game because we don't have TV at my house right now. I heard the performance was pretty bad though.