PDA

View Full Version : Baby Hair Bangs!

AspenSong
February 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I don't know what's sparked it, but I've suddenly got uber growth of baby hairs right on either side of my forehead!
Makes me feel better about the horrendous shed I went through recently... ;)

Is it common for anyone else to get a huge crop of newbie hairs in one place? It's really just here and on the other side, there's not much of anything in the middle of my forehead, etc. Just there...weird.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2zhfb48.jpg

terpentyna
February 5th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I got this as well. At first I thought it would just be perpetual baby hair, but now they are about ear length. Very slow growth, however.

Helenae
February 5th, 2012, 02:10 PM
My baby hairs (broken baby hairs) just won't grow... and they stick out horizontally, it looks ridiculous. I have to flat-iron them everyday, I need to figure out some non-heat methods so that they can just grow out without damage holding them back :(

AspenSong
February 5th, 2012, 02:22 PM
My baby hairs (broken baby hairs) just won't grow... and they stick out horizontally, it looks ridiculous. I have to flat-iron them everyday, I need to figure out some non-heat methods so that they can just grow out without damage holding them back :(

Would you be able to tame them into place with some aloe gel?
I have to do that myself, otherwise my hair from the front looks just crazy. haha

jacqueline101
February 5th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I think it would be neat to grow extra healthy hair.

InTheCity
February 5th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I just noticed these "bangs" out of nowhere too.

I was pointing them out to someone who couldn't believe they weren't cut that way. I surely hope it's a sign that my hair is thickening (though I don't know why I'd be so lucky) because boy could I use it!

Hopefully it means extra thickness for you!

Gingerbear
February 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
The same thing is happening to me right now. I noticed them around November. I wasn't sure if they were new hairs or broken hairs at first, but now I think they are new hairs. They are fine and growing very slowly. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for them to keep growing and add to my fullness around the face. The only changes I made around November that I can think of were starting on an MSM supplement and starting monistat several times a week. I'm still doing both.

AspenSong
February 5th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Oh Gosh, I would LOVE it they eventually kept growing and added thickness. That would be so wonderous....*sigh*

yummie
February 5th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I have the same thing going on! new hairs on the side but still thin on the front middle.. But i will take any kind of new growth! I do have a lot of new baby hairs sticking around the top and mid length which makes my hair look frizzy but hopefully they will all grow out and blend..

almond
February 6th, 2012, 12:32 AM
I got the same "bangs", on both sides. They look a bit weird but I'm happy the lost hair is growing back. If this was going on on my hole head everywhere, that would mean some great thickness of hair in the future :)

Jessykins
February 6th, 2012, 12:44 AM
i have a mini fringe as well, but when i pull my hair back (and my actual fringe) one side sticks out like a cow lick :s luckily its only tiny so you cant really see it

Tota
February 6th, 2012, 01:21 AM
I got them, too. I woke up one day in the middle of the summer and realised that I lost chunks of (long!) hair on both sides of my forehead. It literary fell out overnight and I was VISIBLY bald there :( I was so scared because this never hapenned to me before ... I didn't know that new hair will grow there, I just hoped. It did and now I have double bangs - the real ones that I'm growing out and this natural ones :)

Does anyone know how often does that happen? Every year?

Neneka
February 6th, 2012, 01:36 AM
When I was a teenager and didn't have a real bangs I suddenly had a baby bangs like that. The chunk of hair was growing from the middle of my hairline on the forehead. :) It was kind of annoying when they grew longer because they used to poke my eyes.

MaryMarx
February 6th, 2012, 02:14 AM
I have them in my widows peak. :(
Right now it looks okay but I fear that in a couple of months they will be problematic.