PDA

View Full Version : Is this the truth or not? LOL

HeartcoreLegend
February 5th, 2012, 08:39 AM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lywds5ehHY1qcvvmlo1_500.jpg

PriscillaCherel
February 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
No not true, I would love to wear it loose.

Kelikea
February 5th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah, that would be true for me! With my job, I would be sitting on it, or someone else would, or step on it, or it would get pulled, or fall in the toilet or someone's lunch, lol.

EtherealDoll
February 5th, 2012, 08:48 AM
No, it's not. I know a girl with hair between tailbone and classic who wears it down all the time. I have never seen her wear it up actually.

CareBear
February 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM
My moms bff has had long hair her entire life, she wears it in a bun for work but always in a braid otherwise. She braids it halfway and has a long long tassle. (I don't consider a braid "up")
On the other hand, that caption could say, I grew my hair down to my a$$ and now I GET to wear it up all the time
:)

pink.sara
February 5th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Nope, I've always worn mine down. Even at waist and classic.

honeydippedxo
February 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Not true. I only wear my hair up all the time when it's short.

Anywhere
February 5th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Nope. I do not have to wear it up at all if I do not desire.

spidermom
February 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Yup; true for me. Not that I never get to wear it down, but it's in my way, hot, dangerous.

Madora
February 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
True for me too, especially since I want to grow it longer. Dealing with tangles every day isn't my cuppa!

MonaLisa
February 5th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Not true...Mine is at TBL and i still wear it down..And I think apart from that I'm taking good care of it and not getting damage.
It's a no no if you wanna grow your hair to much longer lengths, then you really need to protect your ends...But since I wanna see it at classic and then cut back to hip/TBL, I don't feel too guilty.

SwordWomanRiona
February 5th, 2012, 10:52 AM
No, it's not! :D I have fingertip-length hair, and I wear it loose with no major problems. All right, I have to get my hair out of the way before sitting down, but that's about it!
As long as you take good care of your hair (keeping it untangled and all that), I don't think you need to keep it up all the time, even if you want to achieve great lengths. I look after my ends by S&D, trimming and applying aloe vera gel to them. They are reasonably healthy without me needing to keep my hair up all the time.
My view is, if you don't enjoy your hair by wearing it loose when you want to, why ever keep it long? Being forced to keep it up sounds a lot like coertion to me. If the ends get a bit damaged, I'll get a trim, that's all ;).

SwordWomanRiona
February 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Nope. I do not have to wear it up at all if I do not desire.

Yep, that's what I mean. When I wear it up, it's because I want to, or because it's hot, or because I want it out of the action (but that last would mean a braid as well as an updo). Wearing it up is a free decision. There are some people who have grown their hair to extreme lengths without having it up all the time, I think.
No no need to worry, OP, if that's troubling you ;)

pepperminttea
February 5th, 2012, 11:07 AM
You might find it's more practical to wear it up, especially in potentially dangerous situations (ie. shredders, lathes, near fire, etc.), but you certainly don't have to.

StellaKatherine
February 5th, 2012, 11:11 AM
It was true for me. When i had that long hair.. It was always in my way at work... And i hated that if i washed my face it would always somehow manage to drop into soup water sink! So i made lots and lots of updoes and especially buns, as buns look super nice with super long hair.

Then again i noticed it a lot depence on the time of the year and not always on the lenght of my hair. If it's summer and it's hot i will defenantly wear my hair up as it feels hot with hair down. But at winters i usually wear it in a braid and even free sometimes.

And 3d thing. I've noticed that some girls just use more often hair down no matter of the lenght or how hot or cold it is. So for those girls i guess even "ass-long" hair wouldn't make a change.

Did i help at all ? Haha, probably not :)

rock007junkie
February 5th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I believe that the longer your hair is and the more you care for it will force you to keep hair up most of the time. Now that my hair is longer instead of showing it off and wearing it down all the time I always have it in a bun or braid. #1: we do it to protect our hair and keep it healthy and long and #2:sometimes longer hair gets caught EVERYWHERE! No other choice but to keep it out of the way

UltraBella
February 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM
It was true for me, at TBL I wore it up constantly.

elfgirl
February 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I knew a girl in high school (I had met her before HS in a summer horse camp, but HS was the first time where we went to the same school) who had Beautiful long hair down to her knees (when it was down). She was anywhere between 5"7' and 5"10, and her hair was I want to say around 1b,M,ii.

Around 90% of the time she wore her hair in a regular English braid, and on very rare occasions it was down. When it was down, it looked wavier, but looking back, I'm pretty sure that was due to the braid waves.

I don't recall ever seeing her with a bun. We were never in the same classes, but had classes that were literally next door or across the hall from each other, so we saw each other frequently/every other day.

I ran into her last spring, after we had both been in college for a few years (she's 2 to 3 years ahead of me, but still :p ), and was sad to see that she had shoulder length hair.

But yes, you can have long hair and have it down, or up, whenever you choose. For me, it's all personal preference, what I'm going to be doing that day, etc.

spidermom
February 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM
You might find it's more practical to wear it up, especially in potentially dangerous situations (ie. shredders, lathes, near fire, etc.), but you certainly don't have to.

I'll add seatbelts to that list of dangers. Also burners on the stove. Oh, and cabinet hinges. Amazing the things I have to think of now that I have log hair.

StellaKatherine
February 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
And on a windy weather it is dreadfull to go out with hair open. I don't know how some girls manage to keep hair out of their face :) And the longer hair is the easier it gets tangled.

Kattillac
February 5th, 2012, 02:09 PM
ahaha I love this meme! Facebooking it now xD. I too have thought about this. I cant wait till its that long, and I hate wearing my hair up :/ Oo what to do

blondie9912
February 5th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I can't answer since I'm between APL and BSL, but this made me laugh :p

Avital88
February 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Well i have to say since actually being at that length it tangles way more and i SHOULD wear it up more..

jacqueline101
February 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I think that's a personal choice to wear it up or down.

Mesmerise
February 5th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Well I have to agree that it's a personal choice! I would probably wear it up a lot for the sake of practicality (but then again, I consider a braid or a ponytail "up" which another poster did not ;)). I mean... even when my hair is shorter, it's usually easier to pull it back because it's not falling in my face when I do stuff.

BUT I am not growing my hair long to wear it up all the time ;). If my hair was ever too annoying to leave down, even occasionally, I'd cut it back to where it wouldn't be! However, as my goal is only a solid hip, I don't think I'll ever get to a point where I can never wear it loose without hassle.

sun-kissed
February 5th, 2012, 03:15 PM
For me that would be true. Even at BSL I wear it up most of the time, since it's so delicate, and I don't like getting it caught in my watch-band, doorways, seat belts and such..
But I know a family of models[mother with two older daughters and one little one] who have stunningly healthy, blonde, classic hair -- they wear it down all of the time. It just trails behind them... :crush:

MissManda
February 5th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I don't know if this applies to hip+ length hair since I haven't had my hair that length in such a long time, but I'm finding that my hair is less annoying when it is longer. When my hair is around BSL or waist, it wants to go everywhere and refuses to stay put. When it was almost to my hips, it was much more well-behaved since it stayed behind my back more easily. I still don't wear my hair loose when around dangerous machinery or when it's windy, though, because I agree it is more likely to cause trouble then. I don't think my hair will be much more troublesome once it gets to past tailbone length.

ETA: I think it depends on personal preference, hair type, and the situation. :)

Fairlight63
February 5th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I wear my hair up most of the time. Today I wore it down to church, but I wish that I had not. It was getting caught my coat, seat belt, etc. I just did not feel comfortable with it down. So from now I when I wear it down, I will confine it in braid, then it isn't going everywhere.

goldenmoments
February 5th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I an curious about this too. Frankly, even at bsl I wear my hair up frequently so I don't play with it. Otherwise my hair is a greasy mess and I fail at stretching washes to my usual four days

Sheylenna
February 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM
When my hair was waist length I never wore it up in fact the most I did was pony or English/French braid, Actually I do't think I knew HOW to bun it. But mostly I just wore it down, But then my hair is not thick or wavy or flyaway, it basically hangs straight down my back. NOW I wear in either in a pony (high or low) braid (any type) or in a bun somehow. Not because it gets in my way or it snags or any of those things but because while my hair was short I gained a low tolerance for heat on my neck and back, odd huh?:D

elbow chic
February 5th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Would be for me. I'm just at MBL and wearing my hair down means committing to some careful detangling later.

Nev
February 6th, 2012, 06:57 AM
:smile: great meme!

Amber_Maiden
February 6th, 2012, 07:22 AM
I wear it about half and half. When I'm at home it's down, when I'm out it's up- unless I want to get attention with it down/want to feel sexy.

heidi w.
February 6th, 2012, 10:12 AM
True for me. It's just unsafe to wear it down all day every day. Mine is longer than where my arse is located too, so sitting is even a problem. Plus, I don't like my hair being a constant ongoing subject of discussion.

heidi w.

nala89
February 6th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't wear my hair up all the time! Of course I would wear it up mostly because it would probably be anoying wearing it down in public or while cleaning etc but I would definitely wear it down at home or on special occasions... Also I would love to wear half-ups etc because they always look lovly on really long hair :)

HintOfMint
February 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hahaha! I think we need an LHC meme: LHC world problems.

Kattillac
February 6th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I have a lil longer than waist length hair right now and I love wearing it down. The only place I don't is when I'm at work. I don't really like the look of buns at all, and my head ends up feeling heavy. I usualy either french/dutch braid or do a normal braid and bring it up and hold it with a hair clip(like a loop). Braids(that are looped up) are also my prefered method of working when I'm in the kitchen, because I feel like it holds the loose hairs in more. No hairs in anyones food! :P

owlathena
February 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I wear it up more often, but still only half the time, if that. And I certainly dont have to, I just like playing with different styles now that I can.

Milui Elenath
February 6th, 2012, 11:08 PM
True the majority of the time but I don't cry about it like the picture :). If I want to wear it down I can there's no law against it! - in the real world ;) In any case I love the shocked looks I get when it does tumble down. If I wore it out often I would miss out on those.

supbanana
February 7th, 2012, 01:00 AM
I haven't read the other comments, but my caption would be, "grew hair down to my ass, people won't quit making toilet paper comments."

hanne jensen
February 7th, 2012, 06:53 AM
My hair is only MBL and I have to wear it up all the time. If I don't it becomes so tangled that I might as well shave my head!

IanB
February 7th, 2012, 07:00 AM
If only it were true :)

truepeacenik
February 7th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Funny, because there are grains of truth!
I did find that the tailbone to classic was a zone where I could wear it down a bit more. But, I had some trims and was there a looooong time.
At fingertip, I'm finding new ways to get caught in things. So far, it is still humorous to me.

nicolina
February 7th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Definitely true for me! My hair tends to get tangled very easily - my sister nicknamed me 'Ratty' because it always looked so tangled - so I have to wear it up to look vaguely professional. Plus it avoids the tearful time with the comb trying to get the knots out. And I do mean knots.

melusine963
February 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
This is true for me (well, minue the a$$ bit. I'm not quite there yet). If I leave my hair down it tangles, frizzes and gets caught in things. At least this community provides instructions for countless easy updos :)

herdaughter77
February 10th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I do wear it down to air dry it after a washing. It tends to take half a day, if not longer, to dry. I certainly have to learn how to treat it when it's down. Ex: draping it over my arm before I sit down, wrapping it around my neck so it is out of the way ^^, ect.

For me, at least, I find it inconvenient with it down, so other than drying it, I wear it up. There are some exceptions, though, because I get lazy and I occasionally take advantage of it's warming abilities.

auburntressed
February 10th, 2012, 02:29 PM
The whole reason I have long hair is so that I can wear it up. So it's not exactly a bad thing for me if I "have" to. I don't know how my hair would do after a day of wearing it down at this point, as it's been years since I've tried it. But I wore it down all the time as a young teen, and never had a problem. It was between hip and TBL back then. I started wearing it up in the first place because of harassment, not because I couldn't manage it. Then from sixteen on I worked in the food industry until college. Then I started work as a security officer. So all of my jobs so far have required hair that stays contained, and I am a creature of habit. I'm in the habit of keeping it up now.

Also, I love braids. The longer, the prettier, in my opinion.

louwulf
February 10th, 2012, 06:35 PM
When my hair was past my rear, I wore it up the vast majority of the time because of tangles, wind etc., with the exception of air drying. Now though my hair is much shorter I find that I still wear it up most of the time because it doesn't behave itself and still the tangles. Of course, I can choose to wear it down when I want so it's nice to have options. With short hair my options are much more limited.

Athena's Owl
February 10th, 2012, 08:31 PM
i think that if "having to wear it up all the time" is a reason to feel sad enough to cry, it might be smarter to wear your hair at a length you're actually happy with, because tailbone obviously isn't it.

Euphoria.Dame
February 10th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Hahaha that's pretty good, and generally true from what I've heard.. Gotta love memes.