PDA

View Full Version : So silly...

LittleOrca
February 5th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Well, after three days of trying, I have finally learned to crochet. :)

What is so silly about that? Nothing, but you know... I was working on the crochet, watching TV, then I felt a tug and realized I had crocheted my hair into my work... :D

terpentyna
February 5th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Happens to me, except with shed hair -_-

einna
February 5th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Hahaha! New mini milestone!

pepperminttea
February 5th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Haha, as someone who's accidentally worked in their trousers to their sewing numerous times, that's epic. :D

nicolina
February 5th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I've been crocheting, knitting and doing cross stitch for some years, and EVERY single project I do ends up with some of my hair incorporated into it somewhere. I like to think of it as a personal touch... :p

This also reminds me of a piece of embroidery my mother once saw at an exhibition on life in the workhouse in Victorian London. There was a cross-stitch sampler which some girl had stitched using her own hair as she couldn't afford thread...

hellucy
February 5th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Haha that's brilliant!:D

Alvrodul
February 5th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Which is why I never do anything with yarns without putting my hair up first! ;)

chou
February 5th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Lol! My hair is still quite short, but I always have long, white cat hairs worked into my crochet projects because my overly affectionate cat likes to sit on my lap while I work.

magicatt
February 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I have been crocheting for years and I always wind up with my hair in my work--both shed and still attached.

RapunzelKat
February 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Hahaha! :lol: Too funny! I have been thinking about getting my crochet stuff out - I will have to remember to put my hair up first! :D

Maelyssa
February 5th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Rotfl! Oh LittleOrca that is truly priceless.

embee
February 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Heh. I also have my hair (and Miss Minnie's cat fur) in my crochet work. As mentioned before, it's a personal touch! :D

Paradox
February 6th, 2012, 11:20 AM
LOL! I knit, crochet and sew, and quite frequently find that I managed to get my sheddings stuck in the stitches! I always pick them out but my BF says I'm just "signing" my work! lol Good to learn I'm not the only one this happens to! :D

Milui Elenath
February 6th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I've been crocheting, knitting and doing cross stitch for some years, and EVERY single project I do ends up with some of my hair incorporated into it somewhere. I like to think of it as a personal touch... :p

snip

Oh yes! Me too!

Congrats LittleOrca There are so many cool hair things to crochet - scrunchies, headbands, snoods, buncovers! . . . Probably some mermaid appropriate items too :)

I used to knit but since I've learned to crochet I haven't picked up the knitting needles again.

supbanana
February 7th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Ha, a decent bit of my hair ends up in all of my yarn-related projects. I usually hope people don't notice.

Watching so many Law and Order shows while crocheting always makes me think about how my DNA is getting all caught up in the afghan, and what if it's found at the scene of a murder and I'm tossed in prison for life and other such daytime television plots, lol.