PDA

View Full Version : A heartfelt thank you!

Jennoz
February 4th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I just have to put this out there. Its been a strange journey for me. I always grew my hair long, just because I liked the way it looked. Last spring, my little sister bought me a pair of african porcupine quills for my hair, just on a whim. I had no clue what to do with them, but they were so beautiful, I just had to learn!

A few google searches later, and that is what led me here! And now, I went from last sring being a clueless longhair that knew nothing better than how to tie my hair in a messy knot with an elastic, and a simple english braid, to being schooled in the arts of sooo many different buns and styles (chinese, figure 8, cinammon, braided, rope braids, rose buns, french braids, dutch braids ect ect ect!)

I get compliments on my styles daily, and if I wear it down on the length and health, and its all because of the community here and I just really felt that I needed to say thank you to everyone! Im sorry that I lurked for so long without saying anything, but I just needed to get this off my chest!

This site really and honestly changed my life and I want to thank each and every one of you that contributed to the wealth of knowledge and the sense of community that is present here every day, it is truly amazing, and it has opened my eyes to a whole new level of appreciating my own beauty.

Thank you again, Long Hair Community!

AnqeIicDemise
February 4th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Oh, gosh.. yeah. I agree with this, OP!!

Thank you LHC!

shikara
February 4th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Isn't this place great!! I've posted similar thank yous as well!

Roscata
February 4th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I appreciate your post Jennoz!

And I'd like to add I am quite thankful for LHC, its wealth of information and all the helpful members! :)

honeydippedxo
February 5th, 2012, 12:07 AM
MMMhumm I love me some LHC too! <3

sfgirl
February 5th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I love seeing this much positivity! :)

KwaveT
February 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I follow in the same vein as OP. This site has taught me so much about taking care of my hair. I knew absolutely nothing about how to take care of my hair. My family was not going to bother teaching me anything since they don't want me growing my hair.

growfro
February 5th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I am on this site daily! Just like everyone else I assume! :) if I ever need reassurance that my hair will one day be 32 inches and healthy, (come on time!) LHC never let's me down!

going gray
February 5th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I completely agree, this is one fabulous site, with a wealth of helpful information!