PDA

View Full Version : Heat Bonnet?

Starry_Eyed
February 4th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I tried searching the forums for this topic since I have to believe someone else has already asked questions about it, but the search tool didn't really bring up anything . . .

I did the water test and discovered that I have very non-porous hair and that heat can open up the hair cuticle a little to let the moisture in. My sister uses a heat cap and likes it and I have purchased one too. I'm currently doing my first test with it as we speak with jojoba oil and the heat cap on low for 20 min., but I wanted to see what people here thought about heat caps in case they're damaging.

Has anyone here used a heat cap and if so, what are your experiences with it?

Thanks!

Kristin
February 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Not damaging unless your hair is dry (as opposed to wet, not dry-damaged). I love mine and use it for deep conditioning and henna treatments.

shikara
February 4th, 2012, 04:39 PM
How did it turn out for you? Although I don't have a heat cap, I will get a small microfibre towel wet with fairly hot water, give a gentle squeeze and leave it on for ten minutes, then repeat. Mmmmmmm, I really like this and my hair and scalp have benefitted from this? Are heat caps dry heat....? Guess I can google that..

Starry_Eyed
February 4th, 2012, 05:28 PM
How did it turn out for you? Although I don't have a heat cap, I will get a small microfibre towel wet with fairly hot water, give a gentle squeeze and leave it on for ten minutes, then repeat. Mmmmmmm, I really like this and my hair and scalp have benefitted from this? Are heat caps dry heat....? Guess I can google that..
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_c440404e.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=c440404e.jpg)

I had my hair oiled up with jojoba, but otherwise it was dry. My ends feel kind of dry, so the next time I try it maybe I'll do it with wet hair . . .

rock007junkie
February 4th, 2012, 07:36 PM
It's not damaging at all. They are really good for deep conditioning while you are doing other tasks.

Roscata
February 4th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not damaging, since it's not too hot (and you can usually control that anyway), and you're not using it to dry your hair which can extract too much moisture. In fact you have influenced me to look at some heat bonnets. I might get one now, maybe for oil treatments. I'd love to see how it affects my coconut oilings.