PDA

View Full Version : I was bad...

Saryn Jumail
July 17th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Well, my hair had gotten very unbearable (because I had tried to color it and failed, so it was bright orangish blonde) so I went to a salon to get it fixed. She did the hair color, and did a very good job, btw, and then when she was looking at it when it was wet, she started criticizing the split ends and the bad haircut I had (the bottom was long, the top shorter, the last haircut I had was cut in layers). She asked if she could cut it, so I said yes, but just to trim it. She did that, but she wasn't satisfied. She said I could do so much more with it if she cut it right, and that I would have better hair when it did grow out. So...I let her do it. She cut about 3-4 inches off, but it does look a lot healthier, and the ends aren't split at all... But it's short! Well, not really, it's like a centimeter from BSL...but I'm used to it being longer! Anyways, I don't really know my purpose of this post, except that I wanted to rant and I know you all will feel my pain...!

Riot Crrl
July 17th, 2008, 03:54 PM
If you're happy with the color and condition, I would say that's the main thing. That much length will be back in a few months probably.

thankyousir74
July 17th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I feel your pain. Especially after a big snip. I swear they say hair is dead but it hurts when I hear one break or if someone rips too hard through my tangles. (Just the thought of too much damage makes me "ouch!" to myself)

spidermom
July 17th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I will definitely go for health and a thick, even hem every time. The length will grow back. Enjoy those healthy ends!

Saryn Jumail
July 17th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Well, thanks! lol, I'm gonna take care of them this time, I swear!

Golden21
July 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM
You will be a lot happier with it if it is healthy and you think it looks better. At least you're here now so you can grow out healthy new hair!

Tap Dancer
July 17th, 2008, 04:23 PM
You weren't bad. :) Now your ends are healthier and your hair looks better. You'll have those few inches back before you know it.

jojo
July 17th, 2008, 04:34 PM
This is a good thing to do, eventually those ends would have had to come off. Now you can just sit back and watch your hair grow and it will be back to the previous length before you know it.

Islandgrrl
July 18th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I don't think cutting (trimming) your hair to get it in better shape is being bad, at all. Quite the opposite. If you need to trim to maintain the overall health of your hair or to get it into better health, I think it's quite a good thing!

Nizhoni
July 18th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Even though I really miss every centimetier that gets cut off I always choose health over length. And the hair both looks and feels so much better without those split ends. :)

Saryn Jumail
July 19th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean.
My hair is so soft now, and no split ends!

Tressie
July 19th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Don't worry at all! You weren't bad! You'll regain that small amount in no time! I've always heard that hair grows faster in the summer, and I'm sure it looks beautiful!:)

meichigo
July 19th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I know the exact feeling! "It looks and feels so good... But it's so short!" And you don't know whether to be happy or sad. But, as everyone's saying, it'll grow back soon enough and you'll be happier when it does because it won't be all scraggly at the bottom.

yldchyld
July 19th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Well, my hair had gotten very unbearable (because I had tried to color it and failed, so it was bright orangish blonde) so I went to a salon to get it fixed. She did the hair color, and did a very good job, btw, and then when she was looking at it when it was wet, she started criticizing the split ends and the bad haircut I had (the bottom was long, the top shorter, the last haircut I had was cut in layers). She asked if she could cut it, so I said yes, but just to trim it. She did that, but she wasn't satisfied. She said I could do so much more with it if she cut it right, and that I would have better hair when it did grow out. So...I let her do it. She cut about 3-4 inches off, but it does look a lot healthier, and the ends aren't split at all... But it's short! Well, not really, it's like a centimeter from BSL...but I'm used to it being longer! Anyways, I don't really know my purpose of this post, except that I wanted to rant and I know you all will feel my pain...!

That's not that bad, I get about five inches trimmed off when I get my hair cut (every year) and half the time I can't even tell that they cut any off. The other half of the time, it grows back in no time at all!!