PDA

View Full Version : Coffee rinse

Saranne772
February 4th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Any other coffee rinsers? Its been so long since I did a coffee rinse that I cant remember if I should wash it out or not!

LadyCelestina
February 4th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Umh,probably yes. I did it once and the smell was quite strong and rather unpleasant to smell on hair.

BeatlesFanGirl
February 4th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Coffee rinse does't work for me, but instead of diluting shampoo 1:1 with water, I add coffee, also 1:1. I LOVE that!

Fairlight63
February 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I tried the coffee rinse a few times but it is very drying to my hair. I would leave it on though. I heard that there are tannins in it that cause the hair to be dry. The smell did not bother me, I like to drink coffee though.

gossamer
February 4th, 2012, 11:07 AM
My first thought about coffee rinse was that I want to drink the stuff - dumping it over my head would feel like such a waste!

But on second thought, I could probably do a second wash through my used coffee grounds to get an acidic rinse for my hair. I've tried that once or twice and haven't really seen negative or positive effects.

In the end, I prefer tea rinses (I have way too much tea going stale in my cupboard) or a simple vinegar rinse.

rock007junkie
February 4th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Are you ladies doing coffee rinses for the purpose of darkening hair or something else?

Lipbalmbabe
February 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I love the luster coffee rinses add

jojo
February 4th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Ive never done a coffee rinse but have heard they can give you a massive headache. I don't know how true this is but just thought id mention.

sfgirl
February 4th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I think anyone sensitive to caffeine would get a headache.

Kristin
February 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I just read something today about adding used to coffee grounds to conditioner for shine. Anyone tried it?

sarah061
February 4th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I've never tried this before! Is the purpose to make your hair shinier?

LadyCelestina
February 5th, 2012, 04:24 AM
I just read something today about adding used to coffee grounds to conditioner for shine. Anyone tried it?

No,but I had a conditioner which contained coffee and it made my hair pretty shiny,(although it was rather drying,probably because it contained alcohol too.):p

whimaway
February 5th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I'm interested in trying this because I love the smell of coffee, but just what exactly is the purpose? Does it darken your hair? Add shine??

Kristin
February 5th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Well, I tried adding this morning's used grounds to my deep conditioner today. Put a TON of grounds in with GVP Conditioning Balm and about a tbsp. of olive oil after shampooing. Sat with a heat cap over it for about 45 minutes. Rinsed like crazy. My hair is sooooo soft and shiny as heck, BUT I reek of coffee. It will be a lovely scent when I'm sleepy in the morning, but it's a bit irritating now.

amanda_the_tall
August 14th, 2012, 08:11 AM
i think i'm going to revive this thread instead of making a new one, sorry.
i recently started using shampoo bars, and it resulted in extremely tangly, dry, snappy hair. last night i tried a diluted acv rinse and my hair was WAY better, however the stink was incredible. i was wondering if i could use coffee as an acidic rinse instead? or would it be acidic enough?

BambooBeauty
August 14th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I love coffee grounds! I dont drink coffee but my boyfriend does and my co workers do. I add it to oilve oil to do a deep treatment and i also make a hair rinse with acv. I also use coffee grounds as a body scrub and it gives me a hint of colour.

MrsGuther
August 14th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Aghhh I need coffee, right now!! Lol. Never tried a coffee rinse before.

Nymfora
August 15th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I've been doing coffee rinses for about 2 weeks. I read that it is supposed to help in hair growth with the caffiene. I just use the left over coffee in the pot and I really love how my hair smells after and it does feel softer after I do the rinses :D