PDA

View Full Version : I want purple hair..

tokidokichi
February 3rd, 2012, 10:32 PM
So I have purple temporary hair color and I want to put it to use.. It washes out completely in about a week so I think it will be something fun to try since I'm bored of my hair lately.

I photoshoped a picture to get an idea of what it would look like on me
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/teethobsession/purplehair.jpg

But I'm probably just going to put it on the ends like this =]
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfekx9x4iI1qarfpyo1_500.jpg

luxepiggy
February 3rd, 2012, 10:34 PM
*waits anxiously for photos*

(^(oo)^)

mz_butterfly
February 3rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
I want purple hair too, I might get some manic panic or that effex stuff and join you. I can't post any pictures or edit anything yet, but if I do color my hair I can take pics and post them later on.

tokidokichi
February 3rd, 2012, 10:40 PM
I will definitely be posting pics as soon as possible.. as long as the test strand goes well tomorrow, I should have pics up by tomorrow night! & mz_butterfly, I'd love to see how yours turns out as well! Are you planning to color all over, or just in a specific spot?

spike316
February 3rd, 2012, 10:54 PM
Yay for fun colors! :cheese: I'd definitely say go for it. ^_^ I have some pics in my album of various hair colors I've done in the past and my current hair colors.

Jeno86
February 3rd, 2012, 11:19 PM
I've done purple many times. I would try Manic Panic first. All purples will fade to their base color. With some of the manic panic purples, it is a very nice purple-gray.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z325/Ronin_Kitra623/3a344ff4.jpg

This is my hair with Raw...deep purple I believe. Amazing color however it fades to a Joker green that does not come out without the aid of bleach. So again, I recommend manic panic first.

same_as
February 3rd, 2012, 11:26 PM
The colour will suit you very well, definetly go for it, and post pictures!

SoulOfTheSea
February 3rd, 2012, 11:38 PM
My Amplified Manic Panic Purple Haze hair dye didn't fade to any funky colors, it faded to a light purple and then to a purple-grey, and then disappeared. :) So I highly recommend it!

Can't wait to see pictures!

Kira94
February 4th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Ooh, I can't wait to see! :D

Cecalv
February 4th, 2012, 03:03 AM
For those who wants a lighter purple I recomend La Riche Directions Lilac ^^ It's a rather pale and light purple that looks amazing in blonde hair.

BlondieHepburn
February 4th, 2012, 06:28 AM
*waits anxiously for photos*

(^(oo)^)

Me too!! Fun-coloured hair rules!

Shebelina
February 4th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I dyed the underside of my hair a vibrant violet a few years back. I loved it, I'd do it again but I think my boss would have a fit if I did :D It faded to pink which I was fairly happy with. It was a permanant dye though, I eventually dyed blonde over it and it went a light auburn colour. It faded eventually but not before my colleagues at the tandoori nicknamed me mixed biriani :D

I say go for it. Look forward to seeing the photos.

jacqueline101
February 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I am having cabin fever too. I wanted to use the clairol jazzing hair color I have and dye three racing stripes in the underneath my hair kinda like the hair extensions you get. You wouldn't see it unless I wore my hair up. I also have purple and blue clairol jazzing colors.

tokidokichi
February 5th, 2012, 12:58 AM
No purple hair yet, BUT I do have pretty yellow ends =P
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418947_10150503855367483_568062482_9131715_1877954 32_n.jpg
sorry if the pic is big :rolleyes:

I lightened my ends a bit, as I'm going for that lighter purple color. I used 30 volume developer and left it on for 35 minutes. Luckily my hair is healthy enough and handled the lightener very well! Although, I did do a heavy oiling afterwards followed by and S&D just in case ^_^

I actually really like the yellow/orange results I got just from the lightener so I'm going to stick with that for a while. I'll save the purple for another time =]

the.fee.fairy
February 5th, 2012, 01:05 AM
oooh lush! I love purple hair.

My go to colour for the past 10 years has been Directions Plum. It comes out a really dark blue hue purple.

I like the yellow ends, they really suit the rest of your hair!

Arianna
February 5th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Hehe, the rest of you all have much more sense than me! I didn't want to use a commercial product so I tried colouring my hair purple with beetroot. To anyone thinking of using beetroot at all, from my experience my advice is don't. The only way I could get the colour to stay in at all was to let my hair air-dry with the beetroot-water that I was trying to dye with still in it. At the first rinse all the purple slides off your hair and down the drain. I must admit though, I quite liked the colour (and added thickness!) but it made my hair look unwashed and stringy. It also made my head quite itchy for some reason.
The intensity of the colour isn't what you might expect either considering the colour of the beetroot itself. (Or if you are like my family it is exactly what you were expecting: "Will that even work?" apparently not :P )
It has however made me happier about using a commercial hair dye as now I know the colour would look ok on me :)

Goodluck with yours and post up pics once you've done it! Looking forward to them :)

Cara Heather
February 5th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Do post a pic or two :D

einna
February 5th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Looking forward to the finished result. I want to try that myself, but without the bleach.

MonaMayfair
February 5th, 2012, 05:14 AM
I LOVE it with the yellow ends! It makes me feel like my own hair is really boring though, LOL
I think I prefer the colors on the ends, rather than the whole length, it looks really cool.

sarah061
February 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM
That photoshopped picture looks amazing!!! You would look so great with that color, you definitely pull it off! Yay, how exciting! Go for it :)

artiste
February 5th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Definitely go for it i say! Fun colours are a great way to change up your hair without a huge commitment. :)
Enjoy! and don't forget to post pics!

Aethernaught
February 5th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I *really* like the plum/copper overall, and to be honest I've been on the verge of ordering a couple violet/purple shades from Special Effects for about three weeks.. You might have just sent my resolve over the edge. I think you look AMAZING with that lovely plum/lavender wash - not too deep, stark, bright or vivid, it's delightful!

Isilme
February 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I had a purple strand for some time, but it was a lot of upkeep. The dye I used was Stargazer, one of their dark purples, can't remember the name but it faded to hot pink:D

mz_butterfly
February 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM
My hair is fairly short and if I do it I am just going to color all over. I can see your photoshopped picture now and it looks great. I am going to look for some temporary color next weekend when I go shopping with my friend.
I will definitely be posting pics as soon as possible.. as long as the test strand goes well tomorrow, I should have pics up by tomorrow night! & mz_butterfly, I'd love to see how yours turns out as well! Are you planning to color all over, or just in a specific spot?

goldenmoments
February 5th, 2012, 07:30 PM
The golden Orange ends looks delightful. Just the other day I was drawing a Valentine and drew myself with pink hair....I can't see myself actually doing it but fun to imagine and draw

tokidokichi
February 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/422121_10150507680407483_568062482_9146079_1994832 716_n.jpg

The yellow was good for a couple of days, but I decided to go ahead and do the purple! I LOVE IT!!

I used Urban Shock Color Craze in Violet by Scruples. Mixed it with a lot of conditioner to get a lighter purple, instead of that dark vivid violet.

XardasW4
February 6th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I would advice you to use LaRiche Directions Violet or Lilac if you go for a long lasting colour and have the chance to get some, because LaRiche is the best in my experience ^_^

HelloKitteh
February 6th, 2012, 09:24 PM
AbFab! I did my own version quite some years ago, it was bleached blond at the top, orange in the middle and red at the bottom, and called it sunset color. Kept it till I needed a job :D

Your version is lovely. Yep enjoy this, it's great, I got worried when you mentioned purple!!

No purple hair yet, BUT I do have pretty yellow ends =P
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418947_10150503855367483_568062482_9131715_1877954 32_n.jpg
sorry if the pic is big :rolleyes:

I lightened my ends a bit, as I'm going for that lighter purple color. I used 30 volume developer and left it on for 35 minutes. Luckily my hair is healthy enough and handled the lightener very well! Although, I did do a heavy oiling afterwards followed by and S&D just in case ^_^

I actually really like the yellow/orange results I got just from the lightener so I'm going to stick with that for a while. I'll save the purple for another time =]

HelloKitteh
February 6th, 2012, 09:26 PM
LOL what was I worried about, the purple looks good too!!! Mixing it to get a lighter color was the way to go.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/422121_10150507680407483_568062482_9146079_1994832 716_n.jpg

The yellow was good for a couple of days, but I decided to go ahead and do the purple! I LOVE IT!!

I used Urban Shock Color Craze in Violet by Scruples. Mixed it with a lot of conditioner to get a lighter purple, instead of that dark vivid violet.

HelloKitteh
February 6th, 2012, 09:29 PM
If it's just a few strands, why not just use hair extensions though? That's what I'm planning to do, that way I don't have to wonder when people can see it or not.

I am having cabin fever too. I wanted to use the clairol jazzing hair color I have and dye three racing stripes in the underneath my hair kinda like the hair extensions you get. You wouldn't see it unless I wore my hair up. I also have purple and blue clairol jazzing colors.

B-L
February 7th, 2012, 12:14 AM

NICEEE!! :hifive:

joflakes
February 7th, 2012, 12:47 AM
I love both but if I had to choose I'd go for the yellow. Very Hayley Williams-esque!

Colourful
February 7th, 2012, 02:08 PM
A) you have beauuuuuuuuuutiful skin
B) you are very pretty
C) your hair is very pretty
D) you remind me of Juno Temple in the first picture

Colourful
February 7th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Oh, and that purple looks good on you!

Long_hair_bear
February 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I missmy purple hair but it was too much upkeep..... :(

umbrellabones
February 7th, 2012, 03:20 PM
love it!!!!!

SwordWomanRiona
February 7th, 2012, 04:03 PM

I love your red+purple hair!! :)

ratgirldjh
February 7th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I love both the yellow and the purple! And you are so pretty :)

Cara Heather
February 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM
it looks awesome :)

Cocoa_Crema
February 7th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I'd love to do purple hair! Or maybe even vampire red. I want the glow in the sunlight. I mostly henna now, and once in a while I'll do indigo.

I just have never manic panicked before. I hear the mess is bad, and that you have to saran wrap the bathroom?

Katze
February 8th, 2012, 06:31 AM
looks really nice! It looks like the purple really only took on the bleached ends, which is the problem I have been having with trying to do crazy colors on virgin hair.

The different colored ends thing rocks. I think I am going to actually bleach my ends so I can get indigo blue ends. :)

theodora
February 8th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Looks amazing! It really goes well with your natural hair colour, so that's a plus!
I have purple hair at the moment myself, with turquoise ends, because I felt like jazzing it up :).

Long_hair_bear
February 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I'd love to do purple hair! Or maybe even vampire red. I want the glow in the sunlight. I mostly henna now, and once in a while I'll do indigo.

I just have never manic panicked before. I hear the mess is bad, and that you have to saran wrap the bathroom?

Not with manic panic..... With special effects, yes. I've tried both. :D

SoulOfTheSea
February 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM

That came out fantastic! :)

Euphoria.Dame
February 8th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I like your shirt :)

lillikins
February 8th, 2012, 02:20 PM
My Amplified Manic Panic Purple Haze hair dye didn't fade to any funky colors, it faded to a light purple and then to a purple-grey, and then disappeared. :) So I highly recommend it!

Can't wait to see pictures!

That's what mine does (I've had Purple Haze in my bangs for about two years now). I love it. :3

Synnovea
February 8th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I like your shirt :)

I was thinking the same thing.