PDA

View Full Version : The "I Love My Hair" Thread

uptosomeone
February 3rd, 2012, 10:07 PM
I searched but didn't find a thread on this.

So often I hear people complaining about their hair. In my friend group it's rare to hear someone say the don't mind their hair--more often it's "oh, I hate my hair, it looks so bad, it's way too thick/thin/straight/curly, etc". I was one of those people too. It was just normal.

Suddenly though in the past week I realized that I harbor no negative feelings toward my hair. None at all. I love the color, length (though growing it longer will be fun to do still), thinness, and softness. It's healthy, growing, and does everything I want it to! :D But when I was thinking about how LHC is the main reason I now love my hair, I realized that I hadn't ever seen a thread devoted to those who are 100% happy with their hair.

Are there more of you out there? I'd be interested to see how many people are truly happy with their hair!

littleizz
February 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
I think there's a "what I love about my hair" thread, but maybe not an "I love EVERYTHING about my hair!" thread :)

I guess you could say I do love everything about my hair. It has its bad days, of course, but so do... people :p I love the length that it's at and can't wait for it to get longer. I love that it's grown so fast to make up for all the times I've chopped it to shoulder or higher. I love that it's right in that sweet spot between straight and curly where I can scrunch it to spirals or brush it straight, both relatively easily. I guess I like the color too, but I'll be henna-ing, soon, so I shouldn't fall in love with it anyway!

Yay for loving hair!

uptosomeone
February 3rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
I think there's a "what I love about my hair" thread, but maybe not an "I love EVERYTHING about my hair!" thread :)

I guess you could say I do love everything about my hair. It has its bad days, of course, but so do... people :p I love the length that it's at and can't wait for it to get longer. I love that it's grown so fast to make up for all the times I've chopped it to shoulder or higher. I love that it's right in that sweet spot between straight and curly where I can scrunch it to spirals or brush it straight, both relatively easily. I guess I like the color too, but I'll be henna-ing, soon, so I shouldn't fall in love with it anyway!

Yay for loving hair!

Yeah, I remembered that thread but figured this was different enough to post since it's a lot more all-encompassing.:p

My hair has bad days too, but putting it up usually fixes it...then when I let it down I have volume.:cheese:

chou
February 3rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Oh, this is such a wonderful thread! It's so easy to complain about my hair (it's dry, seems to grow slowly, has unpredictable waves), but most of the time I check it out in the mirror and it really does look nice. Yes, it can be frizzy but it's also thick as all get out. And yes, it's still short, but it has come a long way since I started growing.
I think the one thing I will always love about my hair even when I'm frustrated with other things is the color. I think it's a very nice dark golden brown!
Aw, I feel better already :)

Lightningfury
February 3rd, 2012, 10:59 PM
I love my hair. It's dark brown, and auburn when the sun hits it right. I love sitting in the sun and sorting through the bright copper strands, and few dark gold strands and the darker red black strands.

I love the way it sways against my back and the way I can reach behind my back and play with the ends. I love the way it piles on surfaces. I love it straight, heavy and shiny with oils the day before wash it. I love it bright and light and clean and EVERYWHERE the day after it's washed.

I like the shocked looks when I take it down and it falls all the way down to my butt. I love to brush it and braid it.

Gods help me I even love detangling and S&D.

I think it looks absolutely gorgeous long and loose. I'm love how it hangs and lays about me. I love my fairytale ends.

I love that there's a lot of it and that's medium in strand thickness. I love how it'd hold a curl and will fall naturally into a wurl. I love the weight. I love the warmth.

I love EVERYTHING about my hair!!!

Thanks so much for making this thread.

luxepiggy
February 4th, 2012, 12:05 AM
This is the perfect thread for me. I wouldn't trade my hair for anyone else's in the world (^(oo)^)v

MaryMarx
February 4th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Hmm, I'm getting there, slowly. :o

ibleedlipstick
February 4th, 2012, 01:37 AM
I love my hair! It lets me do a lot of rather dumb things to it (dye it black every three weeks for a year, and then try to strip it out :p) without getting too damaged, and still keeps growing! I'm finally okay with it :)

shikara
February 4th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Hehe well NOW I love my hair but it took a bit to get here, both in getting my hair to have volume and body, as well as finding updos that worked so they both stayed in and made me feel good in going about my day - you know, like slipping on that perfect top that makes you feel so good!

white.chocolate
February 4th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Same here. I love my hair even though it gets freaking oily on the 3rd day. If I don't love my hair, then that'll just go to my list of things that I'm unhappy about, and I'll start complaining about my hair, and that's just too troublesome.

sfgirl
February 4th, 2012, 02:42 AM
I love my hair because it's mine. :) Mine is unique, just like everyone's is. :)

LissaJane
February 4th, 2012, 05:04 AM
I love my hair. Just before I cut it, it was really thin and scraggly, but I truly think it'll grow thicker this time 'round and if it does, I'd love it unconditionally. If not, I love it, but with a secret wish that it was thicker.

BlondieHepburn
February 4th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I love my hair because it is naturally several different shades, and has a look and colour that people pay a lot of money to obtain artificially. If I care for it, I am well rewarded with soft, shiny, wonderful hair that suits me perfectly. After 25 years of life, I have finally learned to be grateful for my natural hair! :p

MonaLisa
February 4th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I love you, hair! :D

jacqueline101
February 4th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I love how my hair has grown and the way its health has improved. Its at its best potential working towards my ideal hair.

lunalocks
February 4th, 2012, 09:25 AM
great thread! I love how my hair surprises me - by growing so long when I never thought it could, by responding so well to TLC, by changing it's texture from stick straight all my life to these fine, braid waves that make it appear thicker and makes updos so much easier and helps it hold curl longer. I love the color - a goldenish reddish dark blondish brown that looks more reddish than anything in the sun. I love my sparkly silvers that are coming in very slooooowly, that they are kinkier, and that my color will continue to evolve for years and years.

ludwig20
February 4th, 2012, 10:08 AM
There are days when I'm not happy how my hair looks/behaves, but overall I love it! I wouldn't trade it with anyone. :D

Hollyfire3
February 4th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I love my hair when it looks good. Its not unconditional love yet, but i'm working on it. I love the thickness and good growth i have. I have the soft waves and curls i get. I love that my hair is not hopeless even when i think it is. Most of all, i love the suprise good hair days just in time when i'm feeling down.

Kristin
February 4th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I love my hair, too. It makes me so happy when women appreciate their assets rather analyze their imperfections.

That said, I thought I would find a link to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enpFde5rgmw song in this thread, which I consider my personal theme song. :) You are all welcome to it.

nakmom
February 4th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I'm having an "I love my hair" day today.

It's soft, sleek, and shiny.

I love my natural color as well as my henna.

I love how thick it is.

I love my hemline when my hair dries/falls naturally.

I love that other people love it :p

Jennoz
February 4th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I love my hair to death! It is beautiful and suits me perfectly, I can do amazing hairstyles with ease, and it earns me on average at least one compliment a day, so it helps in stroking my ego too!

ttverdy
February 4th, 2012, 03:59 PM
What a beautiful and positive thread! There are so many negative ones on here, so thanks for making us all smile :)

I love my hair too. I didn't used to, because it's huuuge when it's shorter, but now the length is pulling it down, so my wurls are less unruly. Or would that be more "ruly"? :)

I also love the color! I am a redhead with blondeish highlights. :)

dwell_in_safety
February 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM
:D I completely love my hair. I used to hate it, but it was only responding accordingly to my being mean to it, and I did still love to have it long.

I love the thickness, wurl, softness, shine, everything about it. I can't wait for it to hit waist again.

owlathena
February 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
We're still working on love, but definitely strong like,and it gets better every day :D

MissHair
February 4th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Although my colouring has always been closest to my real colour I've started to embrace my real colour and stopped the hairdye. I also stopped curling my hair with a curling iron because I really want to embrace what is naturally mine. It's all godgiven, at the end of the day. Knowing my hair has seen better days, Im not entierly in love with my hair but I am happier with it now than how bad it was few years ago, short and unhealthy. Im getting there!

embee
February 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I love my hair! This is the only time in my life that I've ever loved my hair.

I can wear it up every single day and the straight, thin, fine, stringy, oiliness is no trouble whatsoever, it's just easy to care for and looks neat. :) My hair costs me hardly any money at all, no trims, no shampoo, no conditioner, just once in a while a new toy.

I've been waiting all my life for this. :D

Beatnik Guy
February 4th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Oh, yes. :D

vatikagirl
February 4th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Such a lovely thread.
I love my very dark hair, they are dark dark brown, wavy and thick, what more would I want other than that.
I love when my hair tickles my waist.
I love when wind blows them mystifying people around me.
I love when I wake up and see them in bed head condition.
I love them even more when they fetch me few compliments and quick glances.
I love to pamper them, oil and braid them
I love to see them grow longer.
I love to find few weird wiry hair on top of my scalp. I love to play with those ones.
I just love them.

KwaveT
February 4th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I love my thick, wavy hair. My waves slightly twirl so I can't wait to see how it looks at longer lengths. I love the feel of my hair on my skin. I did not think this would be the case when I first started growing it because it bugged me since I have never had hair long enough to feel on my face and my neck. I definitely want to be able to feel my hair against my back. It is getting close now. I wish all my hair was the length of my hair in the back. I am aiming to grow my hair one length all way around my head.

mz_butterfly
February 4th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I am happy with the condition that my hair is in at this point. I am not happy with the length but with time and patience and care I think I can get to that point some day.

Chromis
February 4th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I love my hair! I think it is grand. :D

I love your hair too! Yes, you! And you, And you over there!

Henrietta
August 25th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I can say I am 100% happy, still! I have dry ends but that can be fixed. And length? It will grow. In terms of colour, straightness, thickness... I am happy! My hair could be a little thicker but it's not something that bothers me. I am still happy with it! :crush:

neko_kawaii
August 25th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I love my hair. It suits me from its color to its easy to care for texture. It gives me something to play with when I am bored and disappears into a bun when I tell it to.

CurlyCurves
August 25th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Mostly. I am very thankful for it.

BunnyKitten
August 25th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I love my hair! The color suits my skin tone nicely, it always falls the right way, easy to style, I'm even learning to appreciate the thinness. Also, whenever it "misbehaves", it's not the hair's fault.... it's because I did something wrong. I can't blame my hair for my own mistakes, can I? I've been noticing as of late that my hair has decided to work with me rather than against me. I am eternally grateful.

ptricia
August 25th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Last week I cut 2,5 inch from my hair to get rid of my layers. Although my hair is barely BSL now I love my hair. I've fine straight hair very silky but I've lots of fine hair I have an average thickness. Thank god for that. I don't need to blow dry or straighten my hair, it's naturally straight and if I want some texture in my hair I made French braids and sleep with them. Than the next day I have beautiful braid waves.

eros
August 25th, 2012, 10:06 AM
i'll start loving my hair once it starts listening to me.:mad:

GrowingOut
August 25th, 2012, 10:21 AM
My hair seems to love cute new styles, made it's own dark golden highlights, ((Maybe because I didn't dye it?)) and nearly decapitated a boy in Elementary School Dance Class. Thanks hair.

gratitudinous
August 25th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I love my mane! Even though I've named it Hank McCoy (AKA The Beast), it's with love that I look at my wild crazy frizzy fuzzy messy sexy hair. :D

Green Eyes
August 25th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Am starting to love my original hair colour and I love feeling it brush further down my back the longer it's gets

Kayla Nyx
August 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I love my hair.. though i wish i could figure out how to make it happy when it comes to washing :D its thick, soft and a little bit of curl to it. I like my natural brown but love the black i color it.

vanillabones
August 25th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I'm slowly learning to love it.. I like it so far. I've never liked my hair. I like the color, and will like the texture as it grows... it won't ever feel too heavy and I like that it is in the 1's... it will grow someday and I will be able to curl it and it will look ethereal. I don't like how thin it is but I will have to get over that some day.

Henrietta
August 25th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I think it's the most positive hair thread I've seen on LHC. Or maybe the most positive one in total.

~honeyflower~
August 25th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I love how my hair makes me feel like a princess in a storybook.

Henrietta
August 25th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I love how my hair makes me feel like a princess in a storybook.

Oooh, that's so cute! I've somehow forgotten that thought/feeling. Thank you for reminding me. Should be helpful on bad days ;)

DinaAG
August 25th, 2012, 02:46 PM
i love my hair and sooo connected to it however the troubles he faces its just ok for me :)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 25th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Mmm, I love the way my hair is thick.

I love (after years of battling it) my waves, now that I know how to keep the frizz away.

I love to stroke it and feel the silkiness and softness.

I love that it is growing quickly.

I loove that I am being brave enough to throw away the dye and get virgin hair back.

I love that on a bad day I can just put it up and forget about it.
And I love getting compliments on it too.

Best of all, I love being on LHC where I can learn how to treat it well - it then repays the favour!

Macaroni
August 25th, 2012, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enpFde5rgmw

I love my hair!

spirals
August 25th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I think I'm in love with my hair today. It's super-soft from coconut oil and braids. It's even shiny. And I am happy with it when it's pouffy and really curly and even a bit frizzy. I think frizz can be angelic. I love that I can now feel it on the backs of my upper arms occasionally and that braids are now long enough to look balanced on me. I like the color; it's warm enough that I can wear the yellow-based colors that flatter my skintone, but also just this side of cool, so that I can wear pinkish makeup colors with my non-autumn clothing colors. I guess it's a neutral brown. I have always liked my sun-created highlights. When people ask why I want really long hair, I risk sounding arrogant in saying, "Because I have fabulous hair." (The other reason is that I'd like to balance my amazon quality. :lol: ).

Henrietta
August 26th, 2012, 02:37 AM
I think I'm in love with my hair today. It's super-soft from coconut oil and braids. It's even shiny. And I am happy with it when it's pouffy and really curly and even a bit frizzy. I think frizz can be angelic. I love that I can now feel it on the backs of my upper arms occasionally and that braids are now long enough to look balanced on me. I like the color; it's warm enough that I can wear the yellow-based colors that flatter my skintone, but also just this side of cool, so that I can wear pinkish makeup colors with my non-autumn clothing colors. I guess it's a neutral brown. I have always liked my sun-created highlights. When people ask why I want really long hair, I risk sounding arrogant in saying, "Because I have fabulous hair." (The other reason is that I'd like to balance my amazon quality. :lol: ).

Now that's a love! Great self-confidence. I don't think it sounds arrogant at all. In a world when most of people don't like their dark hair because they want it blond, blonde heads want to be red, curlies are 1a wannabies and 1a people use heat curlers... Yea, being in love with one's hair or even having neutral acceptance for it may cause jealousy :)

*Rose Red*
August 26th, 2012, 03:44 AM
I love my hair when I sit there and brush or comb it, and when it then softly falls down my shoulders... Shiny and detangled

kouran
August 26th, 2012, 04:15 AM
I :inlove: my hair!! It's shiny, it's soft, it's dark but it has a coppery shine when the sun hits it, it grows fast, It has split ends very very rarely, it's long and gorgeous!! :D

XcaliburGirl
August 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I love my hair when I accept it's limitations. There are certain things I've accepted it won't do--it won't ever be someone else's hair--but it has it's own great properties.

ozzy
August 26th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I've been on this forum for 4-5 months now, and thanks to it slowly but surely once again I'm starting to love my hair. Thanks LHC!!

Henrietta
August 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM
You know? I will make myself a T-shirt saying "I Love My Hair!" with a nice long hair graphic.

RitaPG
August 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Perfect thread for me :D
Right now I'm at a stage where I have no negative feelings or expectations towards my hair.
And the goals aren't important anymore because I love my length, color, the way it behaves. As long as it grows, I'm okay, and if/when it stops growing, I'll be fine as well.
Growing hair is not a "goal" in life, it's just something that happens while I'm living :)

Henrietta
August 27th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Perfect thread for me :D
Right now I'm at a stage where I have no negative feelings or expectations towards my hair.
And the goals aren't important anymore because I love my length, color, the way it behaves. As long as it grows, I'm okay, and if/when it stops growing, I'll be fine as well.
Growing hair is not a "goal" in life, it's just something that happens while I'm living :)

Great attitude! :)
I am still waiting for the moment when I'm satisfied with the length completely. I think it will be hip, or hip+. Not far away... But I can't say I don't like what I have now! I still love it, but also I still want more. Fro hip on I'll be able to have your attitude and grow peacefully further.

JoieBruce
August 27th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I love my hair! It's thick and a beautiful color (I've had people think I color it, and others compliment it). I love it enough to never force it into submission. If it doesn't want a certain style we play until we agree. I love that it is long, and eventually will be even longer. I love that it's ok with benign neglect, because I don't spend a lot of time babying it, just as I don't spend a lot of time torturing it.

I do wish it didn't make it's opinion known by breaking new hairties...

SongofLove
August 28th, 2012, 12:42 AM
I love my hair! Caring for it is a great stress reliever for me -- nothing more relaxing than combing or BB brushing in front of the mirror at the end of the day (I like to keep it up and in a scarf during the day; the length is a secret for me to look at!)

My hair is pin straight, very dark, has a smooth texture and is quite easy to manage. It's the longest I've ever had it, and I'm looking forward to it growing even longer.

RileyJane
September 28th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I love my hair for a variety of reasons. Mainly bc it looks good naturally ( has great waves and curls, and the color is great) its just sometimes I wish i could use a curling iron and make it look better, when it never does :P