PDA

View Full Version : Hair Typing, please

Eirelin
February 3rd, 2012, 08:49 PM
I hate to have to ask this, but I really have no idea if the typing I tried to do before was correct or not. So, I would like to ask for some opinions as to what my hair type really is.

I took this picture tonight after heavy coconut oiling for 2 hours, followed by CO, and added a tiny bit of aloe vera gel and coconut oil on the ends. I left it for about 2 hours to air dry (to about 70% dry) and then got tired of waiting, so I plugged in the blow dryer on cool air only (like a clothes dryer on "Air fluff").

So, although I gave it a boost, this is exactly what it looks like air-dried, so can anyone help? I would really appreciate it. I really don't know WHAT it is, and I am sure I was wrong before.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424108_366017636743960_100000071796284_1611732_774 661634_n.jpg

Kelikea
February 3rd, 2012, 08:53 PM
Your hair looks a lot like mine. I put 2b/2c so I'd say yours is at least 2b.

pepperminttea
February 3rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
I'd go 2b/2c - definitely more than a 2a! Gorgeous colour too. :)

Kira94
February 3rd, 2012, 10:26 PM
I'd say at least 2b, probably closer to 2c! :D

torrilin
February 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I don't see any overt corkscrew curls, but your wavelength is awful short even for 2b. I'd tend to go 2c.

It is possible you're one of those 3a heads whose curls pull out very easily, and that corkscrewing would be visible on the ends when you get longer, or if you cut to a shorter length. My partner and his sister both have that sort of 3a. On him, it's easy to see fat marker sized corkscrews even in a regular short guy haircut. On both of them, if they grow between shoulder and APL, the curls start pulling out to look rather like your picture. At around waist, it tends to look very similar to my 1c, if you don't notice the tightly crimpy waves along the scalp.

einna
February 4th, 2012, 08:02 AM
2b, 2c if you have any corkscrew curls. It might change with lenght, though.

janeytilllie
February 4th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I'd say you're a 2b/2c :)

irishlady
February 4th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Your hair isn't a 2a like mine, I wish mine were as wavy/wurly as yours!

Your hair looks much more like a 2b/2c to me, maybe even a 2c.

Eirelin
February 4th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Oh, thank you so much, everyone! It has been really frustrating trying to figure it out by myself, and I have read the descriptions over and over without being sure.

I think I may have some of the little corkscrews underneath when it is shorter because it always gets tangled easily there. Other than that, it all appears to be the same everywhere else.

I guess I will have to change it in my profile :)

And also thank you for all the lovely compliments. After seeing so much beautiful hair here, you always start to feel that yours is somewhat inadequate, you know?

Thank you!

turtlelover
February 4th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I'd say 2C

MonaLisa
February 4th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I'm no expert in wavies but I think 2c :)

Charybdis
February 4th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I'm thinking 2c. There's some spiraling, and the period of the wave is fairly short. Pretty!

pepperminttea
February 4th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I think I may have some of the little corkscrews underneath when it is shorter because it always gets tangled easily there. Other than that, it all appears to be the same everywhere else.

In that case, I'd go full 2c then. :)

lapushka
February 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM
2b. It's 2c if you have a few curls / spirals somewhere.