PDA

View Full Version : Hitting 6 months of growing....

Rebeccalaurenxx
February 3rd, 2012, 04:02 AM
Ive been horrible lately about coming on LHC and keeping myself informed and whatnot. So sorry. :p
But, I think this week is the first week of month 6 of my hair growing adventure.
Ive grown, I think about 3 inches. I want too say. Id take a picture, but the length check picture i took, deleted itself on my phone. :mad: Stupid droid. And I wont straighten my hair again, lol.
I have used heat 2 times, in the past 5 months or so. Once about 3 weeks ago for a length check, and again a week later for a job interview.
PLEASE GIVE ME A HUGE PAT ON THE BACK FOR THIS. I used to straighten my hair every single day before LHC. So no heat for as long as I did was... HARD. Lol. :cool:
I also use to use hairspray and tease the heck out of my hair pretty much every single day and wear extensions. Oh boy.
I defiantly see a major difference, though for awhile i was cone and sulfate free I have found my hair prefers cones at least, still trying to find a good shampoo for me because I have a dry scalp and NOTHING works, except co-wash. But my hair isnt getting cleaned, so im still working on that.

But so far so good. Just right now, im hitting that "I almost want to give up" kind of feeling. I dont know why. Im putting less effort into my hair than i did before, yet. I think its because I want to just style my hair really badly. I want to use product, I AM A PRODUCT JUNKIE.

I just thought I would come and hear words of wisdom from you all, maybe you guys could tell me not too give up. :p Just something to make me feel better. LOL.

My goal, is too hang in there until a month after my 19th birthday (6/3). Because im figuring my hair will be my goal of BSL.
Which is, hard. But im really really working hard. Im trying to hang in there!

Falcore
February 3rd, 2012, 06:11 AM
First off, congrats on the rare use of heat. I too used to straighten my hair everrrry day and it's the best feeling not have to worry about doing it or god forbid if it rains!

Don't give up! If you love your products then you can still do it as a treat for yourself - say if you're having a night out with the girls and you want that extra confidence of glam. :) Whatever make you happy. If you've cut back on heat like you have, I'd say that is the best thing you can do for your hair.

Happy birthday for next month too!

xoxophelia
February 3rd, 2012, 06:24 AM
Hang in there!! :cheer:

I also straightened my hair nearly every day (and blow dried <<) and it really does make a huge difference after you stop. After the first 6 months you are just now starting to get the benefits. If you can hold on for awhile longer you will start to see what I mean as your roots get longer.

My hair used to look like a poof ball without heat but now most of it hangs fairly gracefully without doing anything to it. It probably took about 6" of roots to start seeing that benefit.

Suggestions: braid waves, bun waves, setting just damp hair in large rollers for 2 hours for special events. Those are ways to style your hair and wear it down. Updos help a lot also because you can just forget about it.

Rebeccalaurenxx
February 5th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Thank you :3

jacqueline101
February 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Congrats on the no heated appliances but hang in there on the washing method. You might have to try a mild shampoo like baby shampoo.

Sheylenna
February 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM
What about condition then shampoo then condition and if you are still trying to find what you hair likes what about an ULTRA conditioning shampoo?? My hair likes EVERYTHING..... even heat strangely enough.