PDA

View Full Version : 4 Strand Braid question

Red89
February 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
This may sound stupid but I'm a little confused and need help. I have learned the four strand braid 2 ways. One is in a under, over, under, over weave. The other involves moving the outside strand under the middle 2 braids and then moving it over the strand next to it. (plus some other weaving) I'm having a little bit of trouble with the latter version and I'm wondering if I need it at all.

Do these versions produce the same braid or are they different? I have never seen them side by side and have not developed the second one well enough to see if their is a difference. If they are different could someone please direct me towards some pictures of them so that I could see?

Thanks in advanced for any help you could give me :)

Red89
February 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
This may sound stupid but I'm a little confused and need help. I have learned the four strand braid 2 ways. One is in a under, over, under, over weave. The other involves moving the outside strand under the middle 2 braids and then moving it over the strand next to it. (plus some other weaving) I'm having a little bit of trouble with the latter version and I'm wondering if I need it at all.

Do these versions produce the same braid or are they different? I have never seen them side by side and have not developed the second one well enough to see if their is a difference. If they are different could someone please direct me towards some pictures of them so that I could see?

Thanks in advanced for any help you could give me :)

excuse my inability to use "an" before the word under. UGH!! I can't believe I did that :rolleyes:

Lady Neeva
February 2nd, 2012, 06:31 PM
Different. The first one's a flat four strand, and the second's a boxbraid.