PDA

View Full Version : Should I even out sides of old pixie cut?

swearnsue
February 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
When I part my hair and comb it down past my ears, towards my shoulders, my hair is so uneven and weird looking. If I cut it to even it out though, it will take that much longer for those side hairs from reaching into a ponytail. I never wear my hair so that the uneven hair shows, I usually pull back with a headband. Any suggestions? Oh, and to describe the sides better, the hair over he ears is shorter than the hair that used to be bangs and it isn't straight, it's very fringey/spikey. Thank you

cooklaezo13
February 2nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
I think if you could get someone to give you a tiny trim (.5") it might help a lot. I have some unevenness in my hair from growing out from a chin-length angled bob with a wedge in the back. I just had a .5" trim recently to even it a little and am in love with my hair again.
Even if the trim doesn't take away the unevenness completely, your hair will still look better I think. But it's hard to know without seeing a photo.

jacqueline101
February 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
I'd probably trim.

Of the Fae
February 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
If you want to grow long you may regret cutting too much. A little trim should be good :)

spidermom
February 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
I certainly would. I got trims every 6-8 weeks while I was growing out a pixie cut. It always looked much better after a small trim.

simplysnuggle
February 2nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
When I decided to start growing out my hair again I had an angled bob. I decided to chop off all the uneven bits and start from a smooth even spot. Some tips to get those small bits into a pony is to use braid. Make some small braids one on each side. I used dutch braids but whatever you like you can do. This will help keep them at bay and you can have your hair in a pony. :)

swearnsue
February 2nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Thank you everyone! I'm going to trim a bit! I guess I just needed some encouragement. Thanks
Update, 1 hr later: OK I did it. One bit that ended up in the sink I measured at 1.25 inch long! That was just one little triange, the rest was just unmeasurable dusting. I feel better now. thank you!