PDA

View Full Version : Wow - thanks for the good advice!

Aliantha
February 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Before I studied this forum, I had pretty healthy hair and thought I was treated it pretty gently.
But, after seeing some good ideas on here I'd never even thought about before, I've made a few changes...
I've switched to a wooden comb, not a plastic one with seams to catch and pull hair (who'd a thunk it? a wide toothed plastic comb bad for hair?)
Today was the first day I tried this: today I didn't comb my hair after shampooing and conditioning it; I detangled before showering and left it to air dry after, with no combing. Also, in the shower, I made no effort to smooth shampoo down onto the ends - I left them completely alone until I put conditioner on them.
:cheese:My hair is so incredibly soft and shiny today I can't believe it! The ends feel much smoother than usual. Granted, I have fine, straight hair so it's normally pretty smooth, but I can see a difference today.

lapushka
February 2nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
I'm so happy for you! :) That's really great to hear. :thumbsup:

shikara
February 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM
isn't it great tp have the support and info here?! I'm also grateful that so many take the time to help us all out! Glad these things are working out for you!

jacqueline101
February 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I'm glad you're learning from us we too or at least I am learning still. I'm happy your hair is happier too.

pixietail
February 4th, 2012, 06:11 PM
It's awesome, isn't it, how much difference a few simple changes can make? I'm loving all the learning I'm doing here too :)