PDA

View Full Version : Show us your hairball.

error
February 2nd, 2012, 01:42 AM
Lol , I am dead serious , you ever have such a big hairball that you wondered geez guess I am going to have to make a hat out of these because the end of this month I am going to be bald!

here I will start , with four hairballs!
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/deathORdie/380953_324539494241338_100000558712523_1192276_141 2503205_n.jpg
maybe I should start selling these things on ebay... Heh I am honestly hoping a thread like this will give everyone an idea of how much we all shed daily , In the past I would panic thinking I had hair loss issues but I think this is just normal , also WHY IS IT THAT WE ROLL OUR HAIR INTO BALLS!?

Nevvie
February 2nd, 2012, 01:51 AM
Can't say that I've ever thought about it but now that you mention it most people I know do roll their hair into balls, lol. I think I do it to sort of contain all the hair neatly to toss out as quickly as possible. I know it's normal, but I hate looking at my shed hair. I always worry that I'm losing too much even if my hair stays the same thickness over time (and yes, I do measure regularly. Super paranoid :P). Plus, the longer it gets the more it appears I lose. I know it's not really true, it's just that longer strands wadded up seem like more hair but it still freaks me out. My poor boyfriend also gets the fun task of cleaning out the wheels of the desk chairs weekly - it just stops rolling due to all the hair. I try to say it can't possibly all be mine as there are so many long haired folks in our house, but my hair is the darkest so I know it is as soon as I see it =/

error
February 2nd, 2012, 02:05 AM
HAHAH yeah the fun stories of hair in weird places are endless with me! For a while I thought I was going nuts , every day after combing I would throw away my hair ball, but then I would see this hairball on the couch .. coffee table , the floors , everywhere . Then ok this sounds nuts but I took all my hairballs and put them in a zip lock bag then threw them away . In the afternoon when I came home from work I saw a dead zip lock bag on the ground and all my hair balls were in my roomates cats water dish . I should have known a cat would be responsible!

owlathena
February 2nd, 2012, 02:45 AM
I pull it out of my hairbrush, out of my sink, etc., roll it into a ball, and then toss it in the toilet. If I'm in the living or bed room I'll put it in the trash, and if I'm in the car I'll roll it up and toss it out the window (to live free in the wild!).

MonaLisa
February 2nd, 2012, 02:51 AM
Hahahaha, i LOVE your threads and your mind :D
I voted make something with it..because it's not always hairball, once i made mustache and when I was younger even some sort of extensions I'd add to my braid to make it look longer ewww :D
But i don't simply throw it away...almost never..

error
February 2nd, 2012, 03:20 AM
I died at live free in the wild, and mustache making ... I was thinking of making a sock bun out of it i just would not know how lol , but if a sock bun shows there is an obvious sock in your hair , if a hair ball bun shows it is still your hair .

QMacrocarpa
February 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
I died at live free in the wild, and mustache making ... I was thinking of making a sock bun out of it i just would not know how lol , but if a sock bun shows there is an obvious sock in your hair , if a hair ball bun shows it is still your hair .
Here's how. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=208) :D I made one in the fall, but haven't used it much, in part because it's kind of difficult to get it in place over my hair, as it is not much bigger around than my ponytail, and does not stretch. The lack of stretch also means I can't do a fully-rolled sock bun with it. The ones I knitted out of brown yarn and stuffed with a few fleece fabric scraps worked better for me.

Jezerellica
February 2nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Ahaha! The timing for this could not be better. After rinsing out my SMT, The amount of hair actually shocked me. I thought it might be funny to post it and ask if anyone else lost that much hair at one rinse! Ohhhh man. It was kinda scarey! ETA~Just noticed my hair loss, or errr, "ball", meow, was twice as much as #4 on the first post!! AAAAAAH!!

Helenae
February 2nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
I rip it out and throw it away whilst gagging at the disgustingness of my shed hair.

fridgee
February 2nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
I rip it out and throw it away whilst gagging at the disgustingness of my shed hair.

I never understood why people find shed hair so disgusting. Its the same stuff that's on people's heads that we all like so much...why is it any different once its detached?! DBF gets all squimish over my shed hair but loves playing with the still attached stuff! :shrug:

error...those hairballs are so reassuring! (that would be such a weird thing to say anywhere but LHC! :eyebrows:)

Ligeia_13
February 2nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Hahaha :D I'm going to take a photo of my shower hair clump when I wash it on Sunday. That ought to be pretty big :p

BlondieHepburn
February 2nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Haha. Great idea for a thread. I've often thought about posting a photo of my hair balls to ask if it was normal shed, but I was too shy. :laugh:

I usually gather it and throw it away. But there is so much of it, that I always feel a tinge of guilt. Maybe I will save it from now on and get creative.

Yesterday, this thread linked to a very beautiful and intriguing way to recycle hair. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=87214

error
February 2nd, 2012, 11:12 AM
Haha. Great idea for a thread. I've often thought about posting a photo of my hair balls to ask if it was normal shed, but I was too shy. :laugh:

I usually gather it and throw it away. But there is so much of it, that I always feel a tinge of guilt. Maybe I will save it from now on and get creative.

Yesterday, this thread linked to a very beautiful and intriguing way to recycle hair. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=87214
omg those leaves! Wow those are so cool but I can not help to imagine how psychotic one of us would look in a corner crazed knitting our hair into leaves ! Then throwing them out the window.

BlondieHepburn
February 2nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
omg those leaves! Wow those are so cool but I can not help to imagine how psychotic one of us would look in a corner crazed knitting our hair into leaves ! Then throwing them out the window.

I almost spat pasta out of my mouth reading this! Hahaha. I picture myself sitting in a rocking chair, next to a window overlooking the street, stitching my lost hairs into leaf shapes and quietly but maniacally tossing them down to unsuspecting passersby. It wouldn't actually make a bit of difference in their lives, but it would somehow bring me a sense of absurd satisfaction. :rollin:

Sushi144
February 2nd, 2012, 06:22 PM
I used to just my fallen hair live their own lives, except those which were on the brush (always a lot) and those from shower (just a few) that I put in the trash.
But since I began to wear them up, I just take everything falling out during the combing, does a small ball to keep them all visible, and throw them away at the moment I really need to get up from my bed/couch. :o