PDA

View Full Version : A Merry Imbolc To You!!!!

jennescence
February 1st, 2012, 11:12 PM
A time to come out of hibernation and clean out the dust of winter from your homes and soul. A time to write down everything you want to accomplish in the coming spring. This is a good time to start any weight loss plans you have or any personal goals you want to achieve. Love and Light on your journey:):bounce:

Aveyronnaise
February 2nd, 2012, 12:01 AM
Yes! My son's birthday is during this time so it is extra special to me. I am planning a ritual for later in the spring to put our ( a small group of women) plans into Gaia's ear. I think it's the perfect time for constructing the year's plan.
Happy Imbolc!

LittleOrca
February 2nd, 2012, 12:06 AM
Happy Imbolc! :)

sfgirl
February 2nd, 2012, 01:33 AM
Ooh, spring hair goals! :D
Plus I think I'm going to watch Groundhog Day! (I'm sorry, I grew up on that movie, family tradition, and first time away from home during this time:'( )

Bagginslover
February 2nd, 2012, 02:30 AM
Clueless over here, could you please tell me what religion/tradition Imbolic comes from? I'm always interested in learning more about other religions and traditions, but this isn't one I heard of :)

Tota
February 2nd, 2012, 03:39 AM
Thank you for posting this! Had no clue, asked Wikipedia and I love it. I think you just woke me up from hibernation ;)

arielįgua
February 2nd, 2012, 04:12 AM
Clueless over here, could you please tell me what religion/tradition Imbolic comes from? I'm always interested in learning more about other religions and traditions, but this isn't one I heard of :)

Hello.

Imbolc is a celtic festival that celebrates the beginning of Spring time.
And I am not sure if it is associated with 'a religion'. It's just a pagan festival.
Now which Goddesses and Gods you worship, it's up to the person.
At least it's how I view paganism, since I am one myself.
But you could try search for Imbolc on google, if you want to know deeper. :)
Hope I could be helpful.

Happy Imbolc everyone!
The magnolia flowers in my street, already started blooming, and it's still so cold around here. *.*

Amber_Maiden
February 2nd, 2012, 07:32 AM
A little late, but I hope everyone had a Happy Imbolc!!

Neneka
February 2nd, 2012, 07:38 AM
Thank you! :) I like the thought of celebrating spring!

holothuroidea
February 2nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
Already? Really?

I have soup bones in my oven right now. I'm still feeling wintery, lol. For me it doesn't feel like spring until there's local asparagus and strawberries to be had.

Kiwiwi
February 2nd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Winter just really started in my country last week. With very cold temperatures and snow. It's not been that cold up until now. I hope it will be short cos I could really use some more warmth and sun.

RedStripe
February 2nd, 2012, 10:09 AM
Thank you for the greetings, and bright blessings to you! My home will be filled with candles tonight!

Nightshade
February 2nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Blessed Imbolc :blossom:

Sushi144
February 2nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Here we say : "At the Chandeleur's eve, winter passes or gain strength."

Chandeleur is a christian (or at least catholic, not sure) celebration which happens the same day as Imbolc. Being an atheist, whatever it's called I don't mind, I just like celebrating the end of winter fests eating crepes. :)

Infortunately this year it means a revival of winter in all Europe... Nevermind, merry Imbolc everyone ! Let's drink to warm up our hearts !

:cheese:

Moondancer77
February 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I am such a crappy pagan, lol. I totally forgot about Imbolc. I have been very busy lately though. Happy late Imbolc guys!

jacqueline101
February 5th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I'd like to have middle of back length hair. I have reached my goal weight and I would wish for financial freedom. Happy Merry Imbolc to you.

jbn
February 5th, 2012, 09:54 PM
We had a gathering of friends yesterday to celebrate Imbolc. After the ritual we feasted on a harty chili and spinach salad. It was a lovely 60 degree day here in Southern Nevada.

Lucky_Lucy
February 7th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Merry Imbolc to everyone! I hope everyone celebrated happily! :D
Here, the Winter just got worse, but well that means no school!(I don't know if I should be happy about it or not!)

BritHair
February 8th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Had a lovely Imbolc here in Michigan. We are lucking out this year with winter. May there be plenty of bread on your hearths this year. Blessed Be.

tegaroo
February 9th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Happy Imbolc to all! Despite much drama and upheaval within my circle/coven, we came together for a wonderful ritual. I am newly dedicated to my goals (be nicer to my hair was on the list), now just waiting until planting can start out here.