PDA

View Full Version : As I Am

Tia2010
February 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
While I was making another run to Sally's Beauty Supply I saw a new product ( I believe it's new but I haven't been there in a while so I'm not sure) Called 'As I Am '. It's a natural line and has some interesting products including a conditioning wash ( similar to something like 'Wen')

The ingredients :

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone.
Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut .

It looked pretty good so I think I will give it a try ( God , I'm such a product junkie :p)

Has anyone used it?

ETA: I tried to post a picture and link to website but I have no idea how to.

chou
February 1st, 2012, 01:13 PM
Ooh, I have seen this around. I'd love to know how you like it when you try it! Particularly, what the smell is like.
I think I will have to wait to buy it until I use up one of my current conditioners. My BF lined up all of my bottles of products on the shower ledge like a little platoon of soldiers and I knew it was time to take a break from buying.

Macaroni
February 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM
While I was making another run to Sally's Beauty Supply I saw a new product ( I believe it's new but I haven't been there in a while so I'm not sure) Called 'As I Am '. It's a natural line and has some interesting products including a conditioning wash ( similar to something like 'Wen')

The ingredients :

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone.
Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut .

It looked pretty good so I think I will give it a try ( God , I'm such a product junkie :p)

Has anyone used it?

ETA: I tried to post a picture and link to website but I have no idea how to.

Here you go:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-SA-Site/default/Search-Show?q=as+i+am

Please keep us posted on your results.

Tia2010
February 1st, 2012, 09:59 PM
Thank you for posting the link, Macaroni :D I truly am computer challenged.

evieisocoolike
May 13th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Waiting to see your results! :popcorn:

rock007junkie
May 15th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I love the curl clarity shampoo and the smoothing gel has moved to HG status for me!

Tia2010
July 6th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Forgot to update this post in forever but figured I would now in case anyone was considering the product. :D

I really love the conditioning wash! :disco:

I switch between CO washes and regular shampoo ... and this is now my HG product for my CO washes. I really love the way it makes my hair look and feel!

I can't really use the conditioning spray ..it's to heavy for my hair...but I sometimes use it when I'm going to braid or bun.

I can use the leave in conditioner..but again, very sparringly (like a dime size drop) or it weighs my hair down.

Well there ya have it :D

Macaroni
July 6th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Thank you for the update.

The Coconut CoWash sounds good, does it smell like coconuts and tangerines? It's the most reasonably priced item in the line. It may be in my future :).

Tia2010
July 6th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Thank you for the update.

The Coconut CoWash sounds good, does it smell like coconuts and tangerines? It's the most reasonably priced item in the line. It may be in my future :).

It has a faint coconut smell. Not overpowering at all. That's one of the things I like about it. I don't like over powering scents and this is very soft.

curlsgalore
July 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I love the curl clarity shampoo and the smoothing gel has moved to HG status for me!

What's the "hold" of the smoothing gel? Also, is it a thick gel? Thanks.