PDA

View Full Version : Caruso steam rollers made my awkward short hair cute!! (pic heavy)

chou
February 1st, 2012, 01:05 PM
So I've been growing out my wavy hair from a pixie cut for a year now and, frustrated with too many bad days caused by my hair texture and length, I stopped at Sally's on the way home from work and got a Caruso steam setter after seeing some of the beautiful styles that people have posted here. I wasn't sure if it was going to work on my chin length hair but after a few experiments in roller placement I'm really happy with the way the set turned out!

Here is my hair on a bad day, all unevenly wavy and tending toward a mullet at the back:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9710&pictureid=125445

Here I am in the rollers, they took probably 15 minutes to put in and I used only small and medium sized ones:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9710&pictureid=125446

After about 30 minutes of setting, the result:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9710&pictureid=125449

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9710&pictureid=125448

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9710&pictureid=125447

Nothing else non-damaging has been able to smooth my waves like this and the shine is a really nice bonus. Now I just can't wait until my hair is longer to do more styles with it!

Maktub
February 1st, 2012, 01:07 PM
love it !!!

MonaLisa
February 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM
It's super cute and shiny! :D

Nenyath
February 1st, 2012, 01:35 PM
Awesome! It suits your bangs really well!

Macaroni
February 1st, 2012, 01:44 PM
It looks very pretty.

Vanille_
February 1st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Looks beautiful! Do these do well in long hair?

lapushka
February 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM
Very pretty! :)

Toadstool
February 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Pretty, but actually I really like the way your hair looks on a "bad" day!

chou
February 1st, 2012, 02:01 PM
Thank you everyone!

Vanille--I think it would probably work even better on longer hair because of the difficulty of rolling short hair. I know that LHC member Ultrabella uses these on her long hair to make really pretty curls. The only issue I could foresee would be increased setting time with more hair on the roller. The rollers get slightly damp and need to dry out to set the curl. My thick hair was still very slightly damp in some sections when I took them out after 30 minutes.

spidermom
February 1st, 2012, 02:21 PM
Super-duper result!

chou
February 1st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Pretty, but actually I really like the way your hair looks on a "bad" day!

Thank you :) I do wear it air dried and natural most days, but seeing as it's too short to put up now I like to switch it up every once in a while through other means.

lapushka
February 1st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Thank you :) I do wear it air dried and natural most days, but seeing as it's too short to put up now I like to switch it up every once in a while through other means.

I agree with Toadstool. Switching it up is nice and the Caruso rollers are a nice option to have. Anyway, your hair is great whichever way you look at it!

HintOfMint
February 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
That is insanely cute! It's a little bit of a flapper look, too! I really like it.

chou
February 1st, 2012, 03:42 PM
That is insanely cute! It's a little bit of a flapper look, too! I really like it.
Thank you! I guess that's one good thing about a grown-out pixie--it has that longer-in-the-back shape that takes well to vintage styles

Chetanlaiho
February 1st, 2012, 04:55 PM
It looks great! I keep hearing about these rollers, I'd love to try them but I don't think they're for sale around here :/

Gingerbear
February 1st, 2012, 05:21 PM
Super cute!

gibsongirl71
February 1st, 2012, 06:05 PM
Love it! I use hot rollers on occasion, but have been tempted to buy the steam rollers. Now I really want them!
You do have very pretty hair. :)

chou
February 1st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Love it! I use hot rollers on occasion, but have been tempted to buy the steam rollers. Now I really want them!
You do have very pretty hair. :)
Thank you :) The picture of your hair is your signature is gorgeous! I can only hope that my waves will look half as good when they're a bit longer.

Oh, and I highly recommend the Caruso rollers! My hair feels very soft and moisturized after using them compared to heat styling.

manderly
February 1st, 2012, 07:44 PM
Precious! I love the look, it's *darling* :)

Diamond.Eyes
February 1st, 2012, 07:46 PM
Those are some adorable curls! So shiny! :flower:

BrightEyes
February 1st, 2012, 07:52 PM
Your curls are adorable!! I also have a set of Caruso steam rollers and I love them.

turtlelover
February 1st, 2012, 08:01 PM
Gorgeous! It actually made me miss my short hair for a minute! HAHA

K_Angel
February 1st, 2012, 09:10 PM
Absolutely adorable! :cheer:

I just bought the Caruso from Amazon and am waiting for it to arrive so I can try them too! :)

blondie9912
February 2nd, 2012, 12:15 AM
The result is very retro and cute, great job! :)

sfgirl
February 2nd, 2012, 01:24 AM
I love how shiny, healthy it looks.

darklion
February 2nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
I've had a caruso for years and I just love it.
I LOVE the results you got on your adorable hair.

I think your hairstyle is fabulous and quite cute.
(I don't think the back is tending towards a mullet either)

chou
February 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
I've had a caruso for years and I just love it.
I LOVE the results you got on your adorable hair.

I think your hairstyle is fabulous and quite cute.
(I don't think the back is tending towards a mullet either)

Thank you! I know it's not an extreme mullet, but I've lost probably 2 inches of length back there trimming it up over the last 6 months so that the front can catch up. After this much time and trimming it's easy to become frustrated when it's still uneven. Thank you for your reassurance, though :)
I love these rollers! They will be a nice thing to do when I really want a different or more polished look without heat.
Out of curiosity, how do you use your rollers? To increase volume, do end curls, or tighter curls? Do they take much longer to set on long hair?

long.again
February 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
A-dorable!

TammyT
February 2nd, 2012, 05:35 PM
I think this forum should get a Caruso commission, especially Ultrabella. I just went out and bought a set today!

Pazita!
February 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
wow!! love it!!!

bettylibertine
February 2nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
How lovely!

|Xei
February 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
WOW (*O*) That's super cute! I love it!

chou
February 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
I think this forum should get a Caruso commission, especially Ultrabella. I just went out and bought a set today!
Yay, congratulations! This forum was hugely enabling me to go out buy my set.

HintOfMint
February 3rd, 2012, 10:43 AM

This, absolutely this. I also just ordered a set two days ago.

oktobergoud
February 3rd, 2012, 03:34 PM
Very nice! :D It looks so cute!

darklion
February 3rd, 2012, 04:20 PM
On long hair, it's not that it take longer.... it just has a limited penetrating power. It won't curl all my hair root to tip, instead I get lovely curls on the bottom half.