PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with "sticky" hair

Long_hair_bear
February 1st, 2012, 09:24 AM
Sometimes, my hair and I are like this :slap: everything seems to "stick" to my hair, and I mean everything! One time, when I had purple in my hair, it stuck so much that even the bleach didn't get it out (this was pre-lhc) Now, even non coney products and supposedly clean oils like mineral oil and nightbloomings oil even stick too well and cause greasiness and build up. My hair is bsl, average thickness, but I'm going to have to start using less than even recommended portions of oil and condish. I used one drop of mineral oil and it caused build up so I shampooed with an Sls and used the least recommended amount of nightbloomings oil, 3 drops, and now my hair is greasy. What gives, hair? Geez! Ok that's my rant. :D

PinkyCat
February 1st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Sounds like you have high porosity.

Long_hair_bear
February 1st, 2012, 09:41 AM
I think I do to be honest. It's annoying.... Nothing ever wants to come out of my hair. :slap:

heidi w.
February 1st, 2012, 09:42 AM
This is covering the basic idea of the topic of "porosity". It's a funny subject, and not often discussed in hair care.

http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/hairporosity.htm

I would say that you do not need to blend oil into conditioner if you're doing that. This could result in a kind of waxiness on the hair, and could prove problematic to remove.

I would condition, and then air dry or apply oil after all is rinsed out, and you've at least completed the hair washing.

I would NOT apply oil or conditioner to your scalp hair: essentially the length only, such as from approximately the earlobes on down. Your own sebum will take care of the hair closest to the scalp, for the most part.

Long_hair_bear
February 1st, 2012, 10:02 AM
This is covering the basic idea of the topic of "porosity". It's a funny subject, and not often discussed in hair care.

http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/hairporosity.htm

I would say that you do not need to blend oil into conditioner if you're doing that. This could result in a kind of waxiness on the hair, and could prove problematic to remove.

I would condition, and then air dry or apply oil after all is rinsed out, and you've at least completed the hair washing.

I would NOT apply oil or conditioner to your scalp hair: essentially the length only, such as from approximately the earlobes on down. Your own sebum will take care of the hair closest to the scalp, for the most part.

I don't do either. I condish, then rinse, then oil only my lengths.

pepperminttea
February 1st, 2012, 11:19 AM
Definitely use less oil. Post-wash, I use 2-3 drops, tops. More than that is too much of a good thing. With your length, just try a single drop - you can always use more if you need to. :)

jacqueline101
February 1st, 2012, 12:55 PM
I'd clarify see if that doesn't remove the products your hair has in it. I'd try not using condish for a day or two and no oils see if that helps.

Long_hair_bear
February 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM
I'd clarify see if that doesn't remove the products your hair has in it. I'd try not using condish for a day or two and no oils see if that helps.

I cut down my condishes from 3 times to twice a week. My hair gets tangly and dry with no oil but greasy with the normal recommended amount. I think I just have to find my hair porosity's happy medium.