PDA

View Full Version : self trimming rut

princesitamaria
February 1st, 2012, 07:29 AM
I am in a trimming rut- its like at first i was S&Ding once a week and then I skipped a week and a half and now its over whelming, I know that the damage is just a lot- I braid it so it camoflauges it but I wanna just cut off all the bleach on the ends but I dont want to sacrifice the hair that is still healthy and lose length- I know I gotta wait to at least MBL and then start doing trims more reguarly again cause it will be longer and easier to see idk what else to do

blondie9912
February 1st, 2012, 07:33 AM
If I were you I would cut off the ends that need to go by getting a trim, not just S&D. It will grow back, don't worry :) I suppose that's just my opinion, I would take shorter, healthier hair over long damaged hair any day.

princesitamaria
February 1st, 2012, 08:33 PM
If I were you I would cut off the ends that need to go by getting a trim, not just S&D. It will grow back, don't worry :) I suppose that's just my opinion, I would take shorter, healthier hair over long damaged hair any day.

ok thanks for ur reply :D I s&D'd again and I am gonna hold out for an overall trim cause the damage wasnt as bad as I earlier assessed lol anyways I am just gonna S&D reguarly cause some of the splits are babies and some are deep splits so its better if I just do it cause ther is no way someone else would examine every freakin hair lol

jacqueline101
February 1st, 2012, 09:56 PM
I agree with the trim. I'd go and get a trim and I'd baby your hair so it grows longer plus healthier. Remember the up dos and protecting your hair.

spidermom
February 1st, 2012, 10:03 PM
Trims work wonders for straggly ends. You could take maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch off every couple of months and gain length while improving the appearance.

I understand wanting to keep the length and merely S&D the damage, though. That's what I'm doing now, but part of the reason is that my ends are very thick and blunt and won't suffer much from a little thinning.

Mesmerise
February 2nd, 2012, 01:05 AM
I agree with the others. If it annoys you too much, just go for it and get a proper trim. Losing length can be annoying, but sometimes if you don't trim, you'll just obsess over it and how bad your ends are.

I know there are patient people who will ever so gradually trim out any damage, but some just can't handle it and need to cut a bit more quickly for their own sanity!

princesitamaria
February 2nd, 2012, 03:44 PM
I agree with the others. If it annoys you too much, just go for it and get a proper trim. Losing length can be annoying, but sometimes if you don't trim, you'll just obsess over it and how bad your ends are.

I know there are patient people who will ever so gradually trim out any damage, but some just can't handle it and need to cut a bit more quickly for their own sanity!

yea I just toke a 1/2 inch off in december, so I think I wanna wait to at least march to do another 1/4 inch, and it does grow pretty fast regardless cause the ends arent breaking off so fast and yes I baby it, all I do is oil it and braid it thats it, but that bleach is a killer, once you go bleach you got a big problem on your hands, never again!