PDA

View Full Version : Hating my hair right now...

Keller1128
January 31st, 2012, 08:11 PM
I think I've been focusing on growing my hair long and without layers for so long that it's gotten really boring. It does nothing for my face and just kind of hangs there. I don't know what to do! I'm really longing for a fun, layered style, but I finally just got my hair cut all one length (save for a few face-framing layers that are now odd and too long) a few months ago. I still want to grow it long but don't know what to do about this awkward stage. Maybe it won't even look good long. That would be tragic.

turtlelover
January 31st, 2012, 08:13 PM
Maybe just trim the face framing layers and see if that helps. If it doesn't, go back in 6 weeks and get more layers. No sense in having hair that you don't enjoy. There is NOTHING wrong w/ getting layers if you like them!

|Xei
January 31st, 2012, 08:28 PM
If it does nothing for your face, then change it up :D I think hair is one of those things that should flatter the face because, well, it can, when worn the right way. Try getting some face-framing layers, or a fringe. Small changes (well, maybe not the fringe, depending on how you look at it), but definitely adds an interesting touch to a hairstyle.

Like turtlelover said, there's nothing wrong with layers if you like having them. Some folks here just prefer no layers for neater braids/updos, or they simply prefer it over having layers. Layers aren't unhealthy for long hair or anything like that ;)

jacqueline101
January 31st, 2012, 08:37 PM
I'd try the layers and some bangs of course I'm a bangs person. I've layers in the sides of my hair but my hair grows at u hem line or v. That's how I got layers.

Jezerellica
January 31st, 2012, 08:45 PM
I understand this feeling! I always have a few jaw length layers, just a few. For a while I hade sideswept bangs. Since I just have a "ho-hum" face, it helps soften the look. Here is the key, you can always grow them back out again! :D

Keller1128
January 31st, 2012, 08:48 PM
I suppose I'm instating the 2-week rule now. My hair obviously looks terrible the way it is - my friend has been trying to get me to cut it for months. Thanks for all the advice! Jezerellica - your face is not ho-hum! You're beautiful!

Keller1128
January 31st, 2012, 08:59 PM
Hmmm...actually I just discovered something. My hair was frizzy so I applied a generous amount of AVG and let it dry. Then I brushed my hair because it was a little crunchy. I then put it into a cinnabun with spin pins for about an hour. I just took it down to look at it and the ends are curled under now. It's actually pretty cute!

Seeshami
January 31st, 2012, 09:08 PM
Have you seen ultra bella's amazingly beautiful long layered hair?

Rock it both ways sweety. Nothing says you can't have it long and layered.

Keller1128
January 31st, 2012, 10:12 PM
Okay I did something really impulsive just now. I cut face-framing layers AND did my first Feye's self trim. I did a partial deep u shape. I say partial because I didn't cut much off at all. I think it looks a lot better! Here is the before (these should be clickable):
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k485/tissmurphette/th_1312012.jpg (http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k485/tissmurphette/?action=view&current=1312012.jpg)
and after:
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k485/tissmurphette/th_1312012afterself-trim.jpg (http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k485/tissmurphette/?action=view&current=1312012afterself-trim.jpg)

tarn
January 31st, 2012, 10:28 PM
I suppose I'm instating the 2-week rule now.

Wow, fastest 2 weeks of my life :D
I like the new cut, very flattering and easy to grow out if you decide you prefer blunt hem.

Keller1128
January 31st, 2012, 10:37 PM
Haha thanks, tarn :) I'm a little embarrassed at my lack of self control but glad I did it.

Vanille_
January 31st, 2012, 10:43 PM
I really like it!

turtlelover
February 1st, 2012, 12:03 PM
Glad you like it!!! :-) I'm getting the urge to trim now, too. Not sure I'll last 2 weeks either! HAHA