PDA

View Full Version : To Trim baby hairs or not to trim

ehogan
January 30th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Hey everybody, I have been debating this...what would be better? The portion of each side of my head of hair right above my sideburns, there are "baby hairs" and course hair that doesn't really be seem to be growing like my other hairs. I have seen guys who trim this part of their hair to keep it more tame or professional looking. So what would be everyone else's opinion? Do you like the trimmed up "baby hairs" or not? If this attached picture works, it will show you what I am talking about. This is a wrestler who has his sideburns and a little above his sideburns trimmed up nice.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/media/k2/items/cache/134fe197a1004b5475e27fba8bbdb40f_L.jpg?timestamp=1 320615121

blondie9912
January 30th, 2012, 08:32 PM
It took me a second but I understand what you're saying. I would say to stick it out, because if you forget about them they will eventually be long enough to blend into the rest of your hair. About 5 years ago, I used to keep my sideburn 'baby hair' area maintained, and it was a huge pain. It would grow in all bristly and look rather masculine, IMO.

jacqueline101
January 30th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I have fine baby hairs but I don't trim them. I'm afraid if I did it my hairs would stand straight up.

mzBANGBANG
January 30th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I say trim them. Those baby hairs are a gateway to muttonchops. http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2010/12/10/4gqg3ot9gf.jpg
:run:

But that's just my opinion, you could always trim them now and if you don't like it decide to grow it out. :)

DreadfulWoman
January 30th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I know exactly what your talking about. My boyfriend's hair does this. Most of it is past shoulder length, but just above his ears it stays less than an inch long. I say trim it if it seems like it is definitely staying too short for your liking otherwise. Just be careful not to let the trimmed area grow larger each time you trim it up, and whatever you do, do not shave it off completely! DBF had to learn that the hard way. :doh:

jojo
January 30th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I think with women its best to keep them, there cute and feminine and add a softness to updos.

I vote keep them, I have them too my lil baby hairs!

Susana
January 30th, 2012, 09:15 PM
KOALA BEAR!!!!!!! :thud:

Honestwitness
January 30th, 2012, 09:15 PM
If I were you, I would trim the baby hairs with a pair of thinning shears, not regular scissors, and not electronic clippers. Trim off just a small amount at first, so you can get used to the idea. If you wish, you can trim even more later.

Try to hold the hairs out from the side of your head and make chipping motions into the bundle of hairs. This will keep the cut hairs from looking so radical and severe. It will keep them kind of feathery and wispy.

If that doesn't satisfy you, then use electric clippers with a large spacer, being very careful not to trim anything but the courser/shorter hairs. Graduate to a shallower spacer if you're still not satisfied.

I trim my neck hairs in similar ways, because I look like a Neanderthal, if I let them go natural.

Peter
January 30th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I trim mine to the top of my ear. I don't want an undercut, but those baby hairs never grow longer than an inch or two. They just stick out and look messy, so I cut them. I keep them the same length as my beard.

Be very careful if you're going to do this and cut less rather than more to start with. Don't wanna look silly for a few weeks while they grow back. :p

Maktub
January 30th, 2012, 10:04 PM

same reaction awww :crush:

jojo
January 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM

I actually didn't see the Koala bear, was too busy drooling over the nice looking bloke!! its like one of those illusion photos, if you look hard enough you will see the koala bear!!!

sfgirl
January 31st, 2012, 12:05 AM
What if it was actually the Koala posting this!? Hmm, if animals were able to use the internet, which ones would use LHC?
Anyways, I keep my baby hairs.