PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair Modelling in England

humble_knight
January 30th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Hey :waving:

Do any English LHC-ers have experience of long-hair modelling? A Polish kneelengther friend asked me if she might have any chance of trying out with any agency; her ultimate dream being able to model her hair for some hair-product company. In her native Poland, she's only had offers that include cutting her hair from kneelength to something 'short.' So far, I had a lil browse of body-part modelling agencies.

DaveDecker
January 30th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Hello Humble Knight,

While knee-length is a beautiful and flattering length, it just isn't going to attract interest from mainstream hair products companies because they direct their pitches to the mass market and the lengths that most people typically possess.

Hey :waving:

Do any English LHC-ers have experience of long-hair modelling? A Polish kneelengther friend asked me if she might have any chance of trying out with any agency; her ultimate dream being able to model her hair for some hair-product company. In her native Poland, she's only had offers that include cutting her hair from kneelength to something 'short.' So far, I had a lil browse of body-part modelling agencies.

jacqueline101
January 30th, 2012, 08:48 PM
In my area I've never noticed or knew of any agencies that do long hair modeling.

Beatnik Guy
January 31st, 2012, 03:51 PM
Of course, we'd be happy to welcome her here. :)

Emmental
January 31st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Hello Humble Knight,

While knee-length is a beautiful and flattering length, it just isn't going to attract interest from mainstream hair products companies because they direct their pitches to the mass market and the lengths that most people typically possess.

Maybe not directly answering the question(s), but this is sound advice.

Coan-Teen
January 31st, 2012, 05:05 PM
The only modelling I could see her getting for her hair at that length would be ****** modelling and that doesn't sound like what she's interested in. Those companies would not likely go through mainstream modelling agencies anyway.

humble_knight
January 31st, 2012, 05:16 PM
Thank you for the replies so far! :smile:

No, no, no ****** photoshoots! I think she got her hopes up because of people she's met via facebook. People of all kinds of nationalities encouraged her with ideas that she could be snapped up by Pantene, or any of the other big brands, when needing models for their long-hair range of products.

I was just curious if there were any photographers who did work like Viona Elegrams :

http://www.viona-art.com/

'Fairytale Photography'......some of you are probably familiar with her site.