PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year LHC Hairiversary (pics)

vanillabones
January 30th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I just typed all of this and X'd out of the page :(
Wow it's been a year already. I joined January 30th 2011
I have no worn my hair down in public for a year (too ugly) and I have easily given up heat forever for a year now.
Here's to another year of working towards long healthy hair. My goal is HIP-BCL no layers no dye.

I joined LHC looking for help fixing my bleached white hair w/ fusion extensions.

March 2011 - My true starting point after the damage
http://i39.tinypic.com/oa22xu.jpg

January 30th 2012 - Today
http://oi39.tinypic.com/o70ode.jpg

I've not trimmed since September 27th, next trim February 7th.
I do 1/2 inch trims and am just starting stretching them out. More pics in my album of my hair progress.

I've been through a lot this year, horrible breakup with the guy I love (still do), and I just got an apartment with a roommate I don't like and I work two jobs suffering with depression and anxiety. However I refuse to take it out on my hair.

I love Flexi8's (xsmalls) here are the styles I can do now:

Peacock Twist
http://i40.tinypic.com/334m2h5.jpg

French Twist - please ignore my scalp cleavage...
http://oi40.tinypic.com/30nbtyc.jpg
I think I could be wearing a small now, no?

I'm watching a movie and looking forward to your encouragements.
Thank you for looking and helping me take care of my hair so far.

Amber_Maiden
January 30th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Looks so much healthier! Keep up the good work!

I also like your updos!!!

vanillabones
January 30th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks so much, there's still a lot of bleach on the ends, but it's a process. Someday!

DuckyDot
January 30th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Your hair looks pretty good from where I'm sitting! And I too love flexi-8's - they're so useful!

Good luck on another year of growing! :)

Lissandria
January 30th, 2012, 03:53 PM
You have made AMAZING progress in length and thickness. Your hemline looks nice and even and thick, too. Its going to look great long. Happy growing! :flower:

vanillabones
January 30th, 2012, 04:05 PM
You have made AMAZING progress in length and thickness. Your hemline looks nice and even and thick, too. Its going to look great long. Happy growing! :flower:

Thank you so much that made me feel so much better about my hair. I can't wait to have it long the longest I had it was BSL+ when I was 12 maybe. And I never went a day without blowfrying. I'm so excited!

Amazinggrace
January 30th, 2012, 04:17 PM
You have had wonderful growth! Yor hair has filled in all of the thin areas, and is growing beautifully.

The flexi's are very pretty in your hair. I think you could graduate to a small for your french twist. :)

Neorah
January 30th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Your hair looks much healthier and happier. Congratulations! :)

Vanilla
January 30th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Your hair looks amazing :). You have made such great progress in a year :). Congrats!

pepperminttea
January 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry you've had such a tough year, but your hair does look so much thicker and healthier, not to mention the length you've gained! :flower:

akilina
January 30th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Wow the condition of your hair looks like it has improved a TON!! Nice :)

chou
January 30th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Your hair is so beautiful and thick now! Amazing progress! Your waves are so pretty, too. I hadn't seen you post on the super shortie's thread in a while and I was wondering how you and your hair are doing. Your hair is absolutely lovely and I wish you all the best with this new chapter in your life!

Lissandria
January 30th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Thank you so much that made me feel so much better about my hair. I can't wait to have it long the longest I had it was BSL+ when I was 12 maybe. And I never went a day without blowfrying. I'm so excited!

You're welcome :D

Vanille_
January 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
So very pretty!

AMW
January 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I always love progress Pictures! You did a great job this last year ... The difference is amazing!

LittleOrca
January 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM
That is wonderful progress. Congrats. :)

jacqueline101
January 30th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Your hair looks good and keep up the work. Its healthy and thicker.

vanillabones
January 30th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Thank you so much everyone. Your comments mean A LOT to me. I'm so happy I found this site or I never would have even thought of not damaging my hair to get it to look pretty and I thought my hair type couldn't grow long.

I never wear it down but I still don't know if I have waves, I like them I hope they stay I think waves are so pretty but I've never had waves and I think the damaged ends just wave at the tips so my virgin hair long will be straight especially with even length. I'll wet overnight curl everyday either way!

And a small flexi for my french twist - that's what I was thinking :) it pulls too tight and the xsmall looks disproportionate. I bought all my favorites in xsmalls, but I can use them for halfups and braids someday.

MonaLisa
January 30th, 2012, 05:54 PM
You hair is really nice and it is quite some progress!
I don't see why you used that moody smiley next to the thread :)
You should be proud! :)
Happy growing :flower:

einna
January 30th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I can really se progress! Thicker, healthier and longer. Love the styles! Good luck with growing your hair and I hope you will feel better soon!

Najade
January 30th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Definitly a huge progress, it looks way healthier and the growth is great!

beachgirlla
January 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Wow, very beautiful hair, HUGE difference between last Jan and this Jan, was your hair damaged from the hair extensions? I had them too, I have had extensions for 8 years, would put in new ones every 8-10 weeks, very expensive and very damaging/thinning, I had no idea that my hair was thin and damaged because of these extensions and found out just around a month or two before I stop (Dec.2011). Very happy for you :D

kidari
January 30th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I love your updos! Your hair looks like a completely different head of hair. The progress is unbelievable and I cannot wait to see another year anniversary post from you!

blondie9912
January 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Awesome improvement! It's so much healthier and thicker at the ends, you're really making progress :) Props to you for maintaining a trimming routine while growing your hair! I see some people who grow their hair without trimming whatsoever, and their ends don't look that great. You made a smart choice to sacrifice a bit of length for health.

I also like your French twist style :flower:

PixxieStix
January 30th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Wow, your hair looks much, much happier and healthier with all the love and care you have put into it. :) Good for you for making sure you have something about yourself you love. Love yourself so much the world can see it, and everything else will come.

mktmgt
January 30th, 2012, 09:49 PM
That looks so great! Congratulations on your thicker, healthy hair! It's so pretty!

jojo
January 30th, 2012, 09:57 PM
You have come so far, your hair looks 100% better, longer, shinier and thicker and a well deserved :thudpile: I so love posts like this, just goes to show how small changes, make a huge difference; well done!!

bettylibertine
January 31st, 2012, 02:19 AM
It's looking great :D
Sorry to hear about the difficult time you've been having.

Mesmerise
January 31st, 2012, 02:34 AM
Your hair is looking great! I know you have been depressed about it in the past, but no need to be now, because it really has improved and looks lovely.

It also seems like you can graduate to a small Flexi-8 for some updos! Although smalls seem bigger than you expect. I bought a small for half-ups, and found that it was too big, and now wear it for fitting an entire ponytail in!

Of the Fae
January 31st, 2012, 04:05 AM
Your hair is very shiny! It has a very nice hemline, too :)

Where did you get that awesome pin btw?

Audrey Horne
January 31st, 2012, 04:36 AM
your hair looks way healthier, happy growing! :flower:

carabean
January 31st, 2012, 04:45 AM
Hey there! Way to go! Your hair has grown oodles and I can see such great improvements in strength and health. Hang on to it and keep going! I can't wait to see where you go from here!

Kitsu
January 31st, 2012, 04:54 AM
your french twist is so cute. You can see a lot of improvement in the two pics ^^

oktobergoud
January 31st, 2012, 05:11 AM
Hey Vanilla, long time no see :D

Anyway, I think your hair looks a lot better! It not only is a lot longer, it also is way thicker :D Congrats!

PrairieRose
January 31st, 2012, 06:01 AM
Excellent progress! Thicker and healthy!:cheer:

Lucky
January 31st, 2012, 07:01 AM
Thanks for sharing, it's really a night and day difference in the condition of your hair, not to mention the length!

I hope 2012 will be better for you personally and that you will continue to get good growth!