PDA

View Full Version : Hair Typing Questions?

Magicknthenight
July 16th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Hiii! I would love to put my hairtype in my profile but their are some things I don't really understand.

1.)When it says "S waves" what does that mean? Just waves? Are they shaped in an S or something?

2.) My hair is wavy but can vary from day to day. One day it can be super wavy and another pretty straight with only a couple waves. So it seems like i would be a 2a or 2b but the hair up front around my face (layers growing out) kind of has a loose wave that curls very loosly so is that 2c?

3.)How should i measure the circumference? Is that when you put a string around it and then measure on a ruler how much string was used?

4.) The thickness of my hair seems to vary depending on washing, temp., etc..so if i get the circumference today will it be the same as other times? My hair seems to be thicker at the bottom also but should I measure at the top of the ponytail?

Riot Crrl
July 16th, 2008, 09:07 PM
1. Yes, shaped like Ss. I dunno what else a wave would be shaped like, I think this is just there to indicate the difference from spirals.

2. If it's flattening out when you sleep on it or something, go by what it is when it's washed and air dried.

3. Yep. You can also use a tape measure, but I don't recommend using one with any metal parts since I cut off about 8 hairs that way.

4. I would go with washed and air dried again.

bgarrison
July 16th, 2008, 09:31 PM
i really like the visual guide. I found a link for it on the articles page under "fia's hairtyping system".

Magicknthenight
July 16th, 2008, 09:43 PM
1. Yes, shaped like Ss. I dunno what else a wave would be shaped like, I think this is just there to indicate the difference from spirals.

2. If it's flattening out when you sleep on it or something, go by what it is when it's washed and air dried.

3. Yep. You can also use a tape measure, but I don't recommend using one with any metal parts since I cut off about 8 hairs that way.

4. I would go with washed and air dried again.

I think the S thing just confuses me since it seems like their more...~
Ok next time i wash it i'll try this out!

Magicknthenight
July 16th, 2008, 09:44 PM
i really like the visual guide. I found a link for it on the articles page under "fia's hairtyping system".

The visual guide?:confused:

Riot Crrl
July 16th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I missed that link before too. It somehow blended in with the underlined titles, or something.

http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/PhotoAlbum17.html

I'm not sure I agree 100% with all the typing. And there is no 4a whatsoever for some reason. The lack of 4a probably won't be a problem for typing yourself, I'm just saying.

Magicknthenight
July 16th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I missed that link before too. It somehow blended in with the underlined titles, or something.

http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/PhotoAlbum17.html

I'm not sure I agree 100% with all the typing. And there is no 4a whatsoever for some reason. The lack of 4a probably won't be a problem for typing yourself, I'm just saying.

I tried it and it said
"Looking for something on MobileMe?
The account you requested doesn't exist or is currently inactive."
:confused:

Aisha25
July 16th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Try this one http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/PhotoAlbum19.html

Magicknthenight
July 16th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Try this one http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/PhotoAlbum19.html

Thanks! i think im a wavy 2a. My hair looks more like 2b when i get braid waves.
I'm gonna hairtype it now xD thanks!

bgarrison
July 16th, 2008, 10:51 PM
The visual guide?:confused:
sorry! i'm still new here and wasn't sure how to post the url. thanks to those who did. :)

Sofoulee
July 16th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Wow, if I wasn't sure before... I'm a 3C for SURE!

Sofoulee
July 16th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Well maybe, a 3B?? haha, would someone please choose?!?

Riot Crrl
July 16th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Sorry, I tried, lol.

Magicknthenight
July 16th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Sorry, I tried, lol.

No biggie thanks for the help :D