PDA

View Full Version : basket weave braid

Long_hair_bear
January 30th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I accidentally stumbled across this one youtube and thought, "Wow, that's neat and intricate!" :thud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NheN-9tOC9A

Hairwish
January 30th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Very nice! Will try it tomorrow. :)

Madora
January 30th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Thanks for sharing this lovely tutorial! She is so nimble with those fingers! It looked beautiful. And the last "Show it off to friends" with the darling red tabby! Purrfect!!!

jacqueline101
January 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM
That is beautiful I don't think I have the skills to do that.

Jessibear2854
January 30th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Oooooh, I love that! I think I could totally do it too.

Her kitty looks just like mine:cheese:

Mannaz
January 30th, 2012, 09:34 AM
That's so beautiful! Wonder if my hair is long enough for this... Thanks for sharing!

Amazinggrace
January 30th, 2012, 10:00 AM
That is stunning! I have never seen a woven braid like that before.

Another hairstyle to add to the try list, once my hair is longer. Thank you. :)

newbeginning
January 30th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I can't imagine how long it would take to do it. It looks beautiful though.

heidi w.
January 30th, 2012, 03:09 PM
It appears she braids a 3 strand braid at first. But then she takes it out, up to what point? to begin the wider span of braiding. This would take me a bit of time to master because of all the frustration with working with all my hair length.

Some things I just give up on and don't even try because I know it's going to be a tangle tease the whole way through.

I was taught a 4- and 5-strand braid. That's as far as I got.

heidi w.

Amazinggrace
January 30th, 2012, 04:13 PM
It appears she braids a 3 strand braid at first. But then she takes it out, up to what point? to begin the wider span of braiding. This would take me a bit of time to master because of all the frustration with working with all my hair length.

Some things I just give up on and don't even try because I know it's going to be a tangle tease the whole way through.

I was taught a 4- and 5-strand braid. That's as far as I got.

heidi w.

Actually, she french braids her hair to her nape then hair bands that and starts the basket weave.

I think starting at the top of her head would be to hard, once she only has the tail left it is easier to bring to the front and manage.

I tried this today on my daughter's hair, it is very challenging. You really have to keep track of each stand, and the over under pattern. It is beautiful in the end. :)

I didn't use any hair products, just water, and it didn't hold for more than 30 minutes. I think the hair gel/mousse is very important.

Hollyfire3
January 30th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Love it, honestly decided to watch it because someone mentioned a cat, an orange tabby at that! My cat is darker orange and much fatter, but addorable cat in that video...oh and there was that braid wasn't there?:D Lol sorry, no really beautiful style, i wish i had the length to do this!

Humbug
February 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
That video is so memerising to watch! I think it's something to do with the soothing music and repetitive movements. Very pretty!