PDA

View Full Version : I love this little girl's beautiful hair!

Dreamkitty
January 30th, 2012, 04:13 AM
This little girl is apparently a Royal Princess from Dubai. I was just looking through pics of Royal princesses from different countries for their hairstyles and came across this little girl and just had to post this pic. Her hair is long, straight & so silky. This would be like my dream hair.

She does have hair fit for a princess:DI imagine she probally looks after her tresses well.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wgvkew.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2r75a8h.jpg

Chetanlaiho
January 30th, 2012, 04:22 AM
It's gorgeous indeed =)

hellucy
January 30th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Wow, her hair is so long, gorgeous & glossy....I want it....:)

CorinaS
January 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Love her hair, but I don't understand why she needs to wear gloss and eye-liner. Why can't at least children be beautiful the way they are (generally, not just in her case)?

virgo75
January 30th, 2012, 06:07 AM
She and her hair are just lovely! :)

jacqueline101
January 30th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Her hair is beautiful. She takes great pride in it.

3azza
January 30th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Love her hair, but I don't understand why she needs to wear gloss and eye-liner. Why can't at least children be beautiful the way they are (generally, not just in her case)?

i don't like make up for kids too, but i do understand why she needs to wear it:
1. Kohl/eyeliner is sometimes applied to kids too in the Arab world (the rumor has it that it lengthens lashes)
2. this is what happens when toy companies design and sell makeup kits for little girls who are charmed by gloss and colors.

Amber_Maiden
January 30th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Definitely beautiful hair!!!

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 06:38 PM

I agree. Makeup is generally used to boost sex appeal, so putting it on children is kind of sick. Imo, at least. :no:

beachgirlla
January 30th, 2012, 06:54 PM
She very beautiful, she has amazing almond shape eyes, the hair is just gorgeous, I can't believe that half of her hair is a bang and she still have a lot of hair, LOL
So what if she put a little eye liner, she is posting for a timeless princess picture, come on give me a break, show me some celebrities kids here that do not use some kind of make up for these types of pics.
She is very beautiful regardless

KwaveT
January 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Agreed. Her hair is so long, beautiful, and glossy.

Hollyfire3
January 30th, 2012, 07:02 PM
i don't like make up for kids too, but i do understand why she needs to wear it:
1. Kohl/eyeliner is sometimes applied to kids too in the Arab world (the rumor has it that it lengthens lashes)
2. this is what happens when toy companies design and sell makeup kits for little girls who are charmed by gloss and colors.

I agree with this, also read Charmed and thought you were refering to the show...lol my obssesions...
Her hair is gorgeos btw!

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 07:08 PM
So what if she put a little eye liner, she is posting for a timeless princess picture, come on give me a break, show me some celebrities kids here that do not use some kind of make up for these types of pics.

I just said why it was a big deal. Makeup on children promotes pedophilia and sexual abuse. Also, your tone is quite rude.

gretchen_hair
January 30th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I find her make up a bit over kill and disturbing as well. I always find it odd that countries that are very strict regarding women covering themselves and oppress their female citizens, will sexualize young girls without thought.

Princess, photo shoot, celebrity, beauty pageant......kids that young do not need make up. It isn't just eyeliner either, you can see that her face is flawless. I find the whole *lets make the kid look sexy and older* highly unsavory. shudder:

beachgirlla
January 30th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I just said why it was a big deal. Makeup on children promotes pedophilia and sexual abuse. Also, your tone is quite rude.

I think you are over reacting, pedophilia and sexual abuse!!!!!, you seem out of this world, you somehow over reacting for some little make up just because she is an Arab Princess, calm down please :) you seem new here, have you notice we do not use such language of "yours" on this forum?

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I think you are over reacting, pedophilia and sexual abuse!!!!!, you seem out of this world, you somehow over reacting for some little make up just because she is an Arab Princess, calm down please :) you seem new here, have you notice we do not use such language of "yours" on this forum?

- First off, I don't care if you agree with me or not.
- Second, insulting someone you don't know and disrespecting them for 'seeming new' isn't something we do on this forum. Maybe you should review the rules.
- It's not because she is a princess, I really don't care who she is, as everyone is on equal grounds in my eyes.
- I'm not new, this is a newer account though. Not that that actually matters. :rolleyes:
- I didn't use bad language. Lol

Starry_Eyed
January 30th, 2012, 07:25 PM

But you've only been a member since Dec. 2011 . . . :confused:

Anywho, yes, the young princess does have beautiful hair, but I too would have rather seen her with no makeup since she's a little girl. Perhaps it's normal for their culture though?

gretchen_hair
January 30th, 2012, 07:27 PM
You are new here yourself, but that isn't the point.

Calling someone *out of this world* for disliking the sexualization of young girls is rather rude.

We all have boundaries, I hate those toddler and young girl beauty pageants. They make young girls looks horrible and over sexed and they appall me. It's ok for this kid to be all made up and giving a sexy look but when she gets older she can be stoned and killed in her country for looking at a man like that.

That is what is disgusting, she can be a sex-pot now and have this image, but when she is 15 or so she will be forced to cover it all up. It's warped.

Regardless of the country, I find it distasteful to make little girls up to be sexy and look like women and YES, pedophiles do find it stimulating. Remember Jon Benet Ramsey? The poor kid died a horrible death and I blame it on her parents for having swing parties and having her dressed up like a very sexual being and being in the house while it was all going on.

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I find her make up a bit over kill and disturbing as well. I always find it odd that countries that are very strict regarding women covering themselves and oppress their female citizens, will sexualize young girls without thought.

Princess, photo shoot, celebrity, beauty pageant......kids that young do not need make up. It isn't just eyeliner either, you can see that her face is flawless. I find the whole *lets make the kid look sexy and older* highly unsavory. shudder:

Beauty pageant kids freak me out the most!
Does this seem normal to you?
http://www.strangepersons.com/images/content/161506.jpg

Starry_Eyed
January 30th, 2012, 07:33 PM

Good grief! It's like they took a giant Barbie head and stuck it on a toddler!

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks, guys. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels strongly about this. It's a pretty big deal to me.

I was also about to bring up poor Jon Benet. Although her makeup wasn't nearly as bad a pageant girls of today, she's still a perfect example of why it's so wrong.

Blond On Blond
January 30th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I agree. Makeup is generally used to boost sex appeal, so putting it on children is kind of sick. Imo, at least. :no:

I think you're overreacting a bit. I see nothing provocative/sexual in these 2 pictures. And I'm guessing the eyeliner is a cultural thing.

gretchen_hair
January 30th, 2012, 07:40 PM
No, that is NOT normal. I have seen commercials with these kids, and have seen them and their mommies on talk shows, They say they're sexy and don't even know what it means. The one kid (is that her?) was dressed up like Julia Roberts in her hooker outfit. What the hell is wrong with these moms, and dads for that matter for allowing this crap?

I think these moms are living a second *teenage-hood* through their daughters and are dressing them the way *they* want to dress.

I find it bordering child abuse, they are doing this for attention and it is *the wrong kind* of attention. :( What happened to innocence? What happened to a kid being a kid and us telling our daughters (when they are pre-teens and young women) that they will not be leaving the house with that make-up and clothing (or lack of)?

This is a sick and twisted world when we parade our daughters as sexual beings at 3 years and up! :puke:

Bianca
January 30th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Typical to make a tread about something entirely else. Very lhc...

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I think you're overreacting a bit. I see nothing provocative/sexual in these 2 pictures. And I'm guessing the eyeliner is a cultural thing.

Yeah? Well I think you're underreacting a bit. So let's just agree to disagree, k?
Also, it's only cultural for brides, not children.

Typical to make a tread about something entirely else. Very lhc...

This happens in any forum, because it's a natural part of having a conversation. Not a big deal.

No, that is NOT normal. I have seen commercials with these kids, and have seen them and their mommies on talk shows, They say they're sexy and don't even know what it means. The one kid (is that her?) was dressed up like Julia Roberts in her hooker outfit. What the hell is wrong with these moms, and dads for that matter for allowing this crap?
I think these moms are living a second *teenage-hood* through their daughters and are dressing them the way *they* want to dress.

I find it bordering child abuse, they are doing this for attention and it is *the wrong kind* of attention. What happened to innocence? What happened to a kid being a kid and us telling our daughters (when they are pre-teens and young women) that they will not be leaving the house with that make-up and clothing (or lack of)?

This is a sick and twisted world when we parade our daughters as sexual beings at 3 years and up!

Couldn't agree more. My childhood best friend and neighbor was a pageant girl, and she's still messed up from it to this day (10+ years later).
Her mother definitely did appear to be 'living through her'. :(

gretchen_hair
January 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Google Dubai Princess and look at images. She has a sister that looks to be about 5 and she has that makeup as well. I find it gross, it is indeed sexual and provocative in that second pic, she's playing with her hair and has that *look* and I find it weird.

PixxieStix
January 30th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Wow, that is some gorgeous hair! I'm quite envious honestly. And this was fun, because I forget real princesses exist in this world. Thanks for sharing!

Blond On Blond
January 30th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah? Well I think you're underreacting a bit. So let's just agree to disagree, k?

Look, I understand you feel strong about this, but there's no reason to get jumpy ;) You posted a pic showing the result of a poor kid having nutcase parents. The pics posted by the OP aren't even close.

gretchen_hair
January 30th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I just did a quick google search of world princesses, look how the youngest ones look more made up than the adults! (there are maybe 6 on this link, but the adults are conservative as far as makeup)

http://entertainment.ezinemark.com/most-beautiful-princesses-in-the-world-77362c0d186a.html

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Look, I understand you feel strong about this, but there's no reason to get jumpy ;) You posted a pic showing the result of a poor kid having nutcase parents. The pics posted by the OP aren't even close.

Who's jumpy?

gretchen_hair
January 30th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I believe she was actually posting to me when I made a reference about beauty pageant toddlers.

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I believe she was actually posting to me when I made a reference about beauty pageant toddlers.

But I posted the pic lol. Eh, either way, I think they're missing the princible.

Blond On Blond
January 30th, 2012, 07:53 PM

No, I was referring to http://www.strangepersons.com/images/content/161506.jpg

clichepithet
January 30th, 2012, 07:53 PM
:slap:

:popcorn:

-1 quality post.

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 07:55 PM
:slap:

:popcorn:

-1 quality post.

:laugh: :agree:
Please enjoy. Haha

Blond On Blond
January 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM
But I posted the pic lol. Eh, either way, I think they're missing the princible.

Obviously it's not a universal principle since not everyone here agrees with you. We clearly have different perspectives on the matter, I think it's useless for me to participate in the discussion further.

Back to the hair - it's lovely :) Having black hair has always been a secret dream of mine, alas, I look ghastly with it :D

gretchen_hair
January 30th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I know what picture you meant. I said that beauty pageant toddlers were awful and she said , is this normal? and posted that pic. She was directly posting to me, although the conversation isn't just between me and her, I was saying.....she posted that to me and asked me if I thought it was normal. (which I don't)

No, I was referring to http://www.strangepersons.com/images/content/161506.jpg

Blond On Blond
January 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I know what picture you meant. I said that beauty pageant toddlers were awful and she said , is this normal? and posted that pic. She was directly posting to me, although the conversation isn't just between me and her, I was saying.....she posted that to me and asked me if I thought it was normal. (which I don't)

I don't think it's normal either.

clichepithet
January 30th, 2012, 08:02 PM
:laugh: :agree:
Please enjoy. Haha

No thank you.

I know I'm not contributing to the thread. :p

I'll go back to watching.

-2 quality posts. :rolleyes:

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Obviously it's not a universal principle since not everyone here agrees with you. We clearly have different perspectives on the matter, I think it's useless for me to participate in the discussion further.

Back to the hair - it's lovely :) Having black hair has always been a secret dream of mine, alas, I look ghastly with it :D

It doesn't matter if everyone agrees with me. Opinions aren't facts. The fact is that makeup's perpose is to boost sex appeal, so putting it on children isn't right. Another fact is that these children are too young to understand what is being done to them, making it a form of taking advantage, i.e. minor abuse. Now that I'm not a minor, I'd look back and be really angry if my mother had put me in pageants/put makeup on me as a child.

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 08:16 PM
-2 quality posts. :rolleyes:

What's this?

Piyo
January 30th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Beautiful hair. I love her eyes and nose.

I would have enjoyed seeing her more without the photoshop or makeup though. I find makeup on little kids to be very ugly and silly looking.

clichepithet
January 30th, 2012, 08:24 PM
What's this?

On quality posts (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1532547). Two of which (quality posts) were not made by me in this thread. Thus, -2 on me.

bettylibertine
January 30th, 2012, 08:29 PM
How beautiful!

honeydippedxo
January 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM
She's a gorgeous girl but I agree that kids with make up is unnecessary and wrong. It definitely sexualizes them, even if it's just a little eyeliner. If eyeliner is ok, why not eye shadow, lipstick, blush, bronzer, mascara...where does it stop? A little make up is ok but a lot is wrong? I don't think that way. I don't think children should wear make up period.

Notice the little girl isn't even smiling in the picture, sort of strange for a child's picture if you ask me.

Anywhere
January 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM
It is quite lovely. I don't get what's going on with the few random curled bits though.:confused:

@people attacking Andraste, Keep in mine that not everyone agrees with you either. Some people feel more strongly about things than you may, and it is important to keep that in mind. If you don't mind reading it again, Andraste said that it was in her opinion, in her post that some of you may have reacted poorly to. There are kinder ways to tell someone you disagree, no need to be rude to others or attack their own personal opinions. :flower:

And I agree, makeup on children is creepy. This girl is like 11 though, I think it's ok for her to wear a little eyeliner.

Miriela
January 30th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I think she looks lovely and has fantastic hair.

For the rest of the debate, I'll just say that where I come from, pedophiles cause sexual abuse of children, not makeup, and the purpose of makeup is to alter or enhance one's appearance, which may or may not include a sexual component. Personally, I see little difference between high glitz pageant makeup and other stage makeup (eg. an actor with only half his face done up (http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/profile01/150/f110002a77b94bb2b4f7819b213db779/p.jpg)). (That image is obviously one of an adult, but children act as well, and children who act or dance or otherwise perform on stage wear makeup so as not to be washed out by the lights, but this is a digression.)

QueenMadge
January 30th, 2012, 09:29 PM
This young girl has beautiful hair. Her "makeup" is probably a cultural thing and as such is not offensive to me. I am much more offended by the "toddlers & tiara's" type of thing.

I think we need a cat fight emoticon. :p

There is definitely something in the atmosphere here that seems to be going down hill fast with regards to everyone keeping calm and not jumping all over each other. Le sigh.

jeanniet
January 30th, 2012, 09:52 PM
She does have beautiful hair, and it looks very healthy. I don't like makeup on young girls, but what I find most disturbing is the provocativeness of the second pose. In the first picture, she looks more like a young girl (and less photoshopped for whatever reason), but the playing with the hair thing in the second picture is just too adult for me, especially for a culture that is conservative by Western standards.

Dreamkitty
January 31st, 2012, 04:13 AM
I agree that the little girls don't need makeup. I hate those beauty pageant look too and find it very sad, also agree about the Toddler Tiara Show, I feel so much for those poor kids, they cry their eyes out and yet the parents still push them to go on stage:(.
Kids should be innocent kids. I think maybe this was a photoshoot and she is wearing makeup.

I have found pics of her and her younger sister. Interestinly, the baby pic of her younger sister looks like she is wearing eyeliner ? I just read in one of my beauty book called "India's beauty Secrets" and it said that baby girls in India have homemade khol applied to their eyes to strengthen vision and promote lash growth. I think the same thing probally applies to Arabs. But anyway they are both beautiful children with lovely silky hair and big lutrous eyes. I don't they need any makeup at such a young age unless it is for health reasons. The last pic of both sisters looks more natural and innocent :)!

http://i41.tinypic.com/287pved.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/op2ya9.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/sztvmt.jpg

MasCat
January 31st, 2012, 04:39 AM
Actually kohl also protects the eyes form the sun - that is the traditional lore - so it would be normal for kids traditionally to wear kohl.

I also see that her skin looks perfect - but she's eleven, she didn't hit puberty yet, so no raging hormones - just add goot lighting and nothing else and if you're lucky your skin just looks perfect ;)

I don't think makeup on kids is good, but I do think that an eleven year old girl from a country where it's a tradition to wear kohl isn't the same as dressing a toddler in a hooker outfit.

As for the gloss well, I used to love nice smelling glosses and of all makeup for kids I think glosses are pretty harmless, I used a cherry protecting gloss that was a bit coloured all the time - loved the smell and wanted to keep my lips from getting dry :)

Dreamkitty
January 31st, 2012, 04:56 AM
I agree with what you said MasCat, kids and teengers love lipgloss and lipstick for the maturer girls:).

Now this video I found on Youtube, it is just so awful and makes me sick. Those little girl face is so sad, they look like mini barbie dolls. I will never understand why parents do this to their kids:(.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeGBFgNxewc

Othala
January 31st, 2012, 05:38 AM
If you go to Arabia, India and Pakistan you will see mothers with babies in their arms. These babies - male and female - will tend have, what in the western world is called eyeliner, heavily applied to their eyes.

In these cultures, kohl, surma, kajal (different terms for eyeliner) is applied to protect the eyes of babies and children to protect their eyes from the sun and also to protect them from the "evil eye" or "nazr". This is a cultural and traditional practise. To take this as intentional or actual sexualisation of the child is IMO wrong.

However, the lipgloss that the girl in the photo is wearing, her decorativeness and pose, especially in the second photo, shows that she is being prepared for another cultural practice - success in the marriage market.

Traditionally, and this is a generalisation of course, in the cultures of the above-mentioned countries (and hey, I am from all three of those cultures) women's roles are very much pre-defined as being wives and mothers. Whatever you think about that, these photos are simply a reflection of the girl appearing as attractive as she can to be admired and desired and therefore increase her chances of making a good marriage.

Everything must be looked at in context. My great-grandma was married at 9 years old and had her first child at 12 years old. That was the world she knew, and she had no alternatives. It was the norm for her time.

From where I am sitting in 21st century England, that is horrific. It is pedophilia, child abuse, etc, from my current perspective. Great-grandma went from playing with dolls one week to being married and pregnant with child the next week! This continues to be the reality of life for many girls out there.

I don't like it one bit. I think things should be different in those countries, but then I look at the free country I live in (the U.K) and we have one of the, if not the, highest rate of teenage pregnancies in Europe. There are kids of 8 years old having sex and sexually abusing other kids. The number of 14 and 15 year olds that live in my area with one or two children and no fathers anywhere to be seen is ridiculous.

That Dubai princess is wearing make-up, but at least she is covered up with clothes. The children around here wear make-up and are dressed like hookers (not of the crochet variety either) LOL.

Sammich
January 31st, 2012, 06:28 AM
I had makeup done in my special calender pictures when I was about 6, I saw nothing wrong. I had a 'provocative look' because I was looking at the camera, I didn't smile 'sexy' on purpose, I was scared to show my teeth because I didn't have any upper teeth! :p I smiled 'sexy' because I was TRYING to smile nicely and professionally. :)

I don't think there is any sexyness in these pictures, I think they're gorgeous and she looks nice with the eyeliner. *Shrug*

Gorgeous gorgeous hair.

Dreamkitty
January 31st, 2012, 06:28 AM
You made some interesting points Othala. I did some research and what you said is true.

Also here is an article with a photo of a vintage Indian baby girl. Apparently it says khol can be dangerous too if it contains lead? do the benefits outweigh the risks?

http://www.vintageasian.com/517-vintage-indian-baby-photo-2/

holothuroidea
January 31st, 2012, 06:38 AM
I agree with those who say that the pictures are somewhat disturbing. They give me the willies.

I think it's because they are so highly sexualized, maybe not to Americans (who watch shows like Toddlers in Tiaras without batting an eye), but to Arabs. I am not Arab, so this is speculation. I was under the impression that long hair worn down was a very sexy thing for them.

Because of the status of women in these countries, this picture is even more disturbing. In a place where women are possessions traded for status and power- these pictures are advertizements for the goods.

Highly disturbing indeed.

Dorothy
January 31st, 2012, 06:51 AM
Anyone for some Cheese?:cheese:

MissHair
January 31st, 2012, 08:31 AM
Gorgeous hair and girl! My hair used to be that long when I was about 8 years old. Although alot lighter, her appears to be black. Beautiful.

Lexy
January 31st, 2012, 10:23 AM
I'm going to close this thread as it seems to have more potential for fighting than for actual discussion.