PDA

View Full Version : Disney's "Tangled" movie - Anyone love it as much as I do?

CanadaSquirrel
January 29th, 2012, 08:54 PM
When I first saw the trailer for Disney's movie "Tangled", I could hardly wait for it to come out. Seems like it was about a year of waiting, checking with the movie rental store and googling for info...

When I finally got to watch it for the first time in November, I cried throughout most of it, but I loved it immensely.

Did anyone else cry during Tangled?

Do you love it? I sure do!

I have the picture below as my Gmail photo, and have it as one of my Facebook profile pics. Some of my friends have even commented on the resemblance (maybe more my 'tude than looks, though, coz I have bangs, but the big round eyes fits...)

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Tangled-Disney-550x289.jpg

Andraste
January 29th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I loved it as well. And I did cry near the end. I know it's just computer animation, but I really loved watching Rapunzel's flowing hair throughout the movie. :)

LittleOrca
January 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM
It was perfect until this part:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/30/9fdea7e9-d03e-4652-97cb-d4a371746235.jpg

Even APL would have been better than an AC cut.

jnbmowl
January 29th, 2012, 09:28 PM
We bought it, and my son cried at the end when they cut her hair. He had a melt down, I asked whats wrong and he said she had pretty hair and they cut it all off. Mommy dont ever cut your hair.

To this day will not watch that movie, its been almost a year.

LittleOrca
January 29th, 2012, 09:35 PM
We bought it, and my son cried at the end when they cut her hair. He had a melt down, I asked whats wrong and he said she had pretty hair and they cut it all off. Mommy dont ever cut your hair.

To this day will not watch that movie, its been almost a year.

That is sad and sweet all in the same moment.

ETA:

One example of my love for this film:
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/297345_952972343818_19707057_42510224_143652462_n. jpg
I did a bellydance performance to the opening song... this was after the event... at the drive-through. *snicker*

Andraste
January 29th, 2012, 10:03 PM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/30/9fdea7e9-d03e-4652-97cb-d4a371746235.jpg

I agree. I was not happy at all. How is that a happy ending? :no:

honeydippedxo
January 29th, 2012, 10:08 PM
It was a cute movie but I was kind of disappointed. It wasn't exactly Disney classic status in my opinion.

LittleOrca
January 29th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I agree. I was not happy at all. How is that a happy ending? :no:

When I seriously saw it I said to myself, "Disney hopped on the Twilight band wagon!" :brickwall

AspenSong
January 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I love it! I wasn't expecting to, just because other than Wall-E, I'd been sorely disappointed in any Disney/Pixar film since Finding Nemo - which I also LOVE.
However, once I watched it I fell in love with it. It's one of the few movies I've ever sat down and watched every day for a week in a row. lol. I will agree though, totally was irked by the uber short hair at the end....*grumblegrumble* but since Disney didn't okay the haircut with me of any of the longhairs beforehand, guess it's gotta just be lived with. ;)

beckishness
January 29th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I know that this is going to sound silly, but I always put this movie on when I am feeling down. It seems to cheer me up. :)

AspenSong
January 29th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I know that this is going to sound silly, but I always put this movie on when I am feeling down. It seems to cheer me up. :)

It doesn't sound silly! How can magical long hair and a spunky pet Chameleon NOT cheer someone up! ;)

beckishness
January 29th, 2012, 10:54 PM
It doesn't sound silly! How can magical long hair and a spunky pet Chameleon NOT cheer someone up! lol I guess you are right! :D

Andraste
January 29th, 2012, 11:22 PM
When I seriously saw it I said to myself, "Disney hopped on the Twilight band wagon!" :brickwall

Seriously! I can't wait until this stupid trend is over. One more movie to go.... :doh:

sfgirl
January 29th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Did anyone else cry during Tangled?

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Tangled-Disney-550x289.jpg

My boyfriend (now fiance!), cried in the part at the end, um, don't want to spoil so I'll just say before the magical tear? LOL Maybe I shouldn't worry about spoilers. but anyways, there we are in the theater, with my bf sniffling and wiping his eyes. I Thought it was cute. :)

Mike5150
January 30th, 2012, 12:03 AM
I enjoyed it and found the ending to bring a tear to my eye.

kaiakai
January 30th, 2012, 04:21 AM
My mom and I and my girls went to pick up a few things from the store yesterday, and my mom said she would buy us (the girls) one DVD. I automatically picked up Tangled, but then asked the girls just in case if they wanted it, too. They were actually leaning towards some Moonintroll videos, but I talked them out of it since their cousins have a couple of those and didn't want to buy duplicates... heheh

duchesswannabe
January 30th, 2012, 04:26 AM

I didn't care for the movie, but I like AC's cut. It makes her stand out, in a good way. It's refreshing sometimes.

Jessykins
January 30th, 2012, 06:08 AM
it wasn't as great and timeless as some of the Disney movies (little mermaid, beauty and the beast) but i still loved it, even my boyfriend found it funny, mainly because of that quirky horse, and i sort of forced him into watching it with me, and at 20 i still cried a little at the end

Loreley
January 30th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I love this movie so much! I've seen it at least 25 times so far. :D (I even bought a Tangled towel which - according to my mom - is very childish. :p)
I didn't cry at the end but I was like "Nooooooooooooo!!!" when her hair was cut off. :(
Have you seen the new short movie, Tangled Ever After? It's hilarious! :lol:

growfro
January 30th, 2012, 06:39 AM
I really liked it up until the ending. It was actually a little rude I thought for her hair to turn brown.. Like brown is an awful color or something. I mean, I get it and all, it's magical when it's blonde and long but it was a little wierd!

SimplyViki
January 30th, 2012, 06:45 AM
I really liked it! Even the part where her hair gets cut off. :D It was like she was no longer bound to the magical properties of her hair, she could really be herself. Plus she looked more like her mom!

*Seraphina*
January 30th, 2012, 07:42 AM
I love this movie!

Long_hair_bear
January 30th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I thought the movie was cute and the bar scene song was adorable. I was bitter at the end though when all her hair got cut off. :mad:

elbow chic
January 30th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Me! I always kind of get choked up during the boat scene. ;) Good movie. I even like her hair at the end, DH says Eugene should go into the hair business if he can make it all fashionably choppy in one slice like that.

growfro
January 30th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I even like her hair at the end, DH says Eugene should go into the hair business if he can make it all fashionably choppy in one slice like that.

^LOL! That was my first thought!

CanadaSquirrel
January 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I really liked it! Even the part where her hair gets cut off. :D It was like she was no longer bound to the magical properties of her hair, she could really be herself. Plus she looked more like her mom!

This is close to how I feel about the cutting of the hair. As much as I love long hair, and as sad as it is that all that lovely hair was cut off, I realize it is not one's hair that is one's true beauty - the most powerful beauty comes from what is inside.

And I hadn't thought of this, but yeah, having Rapnunzel end up looking more like her birth mom is a sentimental touch to the story. I'll be looking out for that next time I watch it.

I have been wanting to watch it again ever since that first time in November. I ordered myself a copy and it's been here for weeks. My kids have watched it several times, but with me working from home and all my kids needing me, there's not been time. And my counselor wants me to watch it alone and take notes as to which parts made me cry.

I don't recall crying at the end, but maybe I did. The thing that triggered me the most was a baby being taken from her mother. I had my children taken from me by the abusive ex, which all but destroyed me. (See my story in my signature if you want to know more.) I did get them back, but it was a very long battle.

That movie was the turning point in making me realize the abandonment issues I have because of my mom having left my dad. I was 19 at the time, and I didn't realize how it affected me.

But so many other little things throughout it threw me into tears. Lots of heartwarming tears, too, though.

How's that for a different twist on reviewing that movie?:cry::heart:

LittleOrca
January 30th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I didn't care for the movie, but I like AC's cut. It makes her stand out, in a good way. It's refreshing sometimes.

As if 70ft of hair would not make someone stand out.:D

CanadaSquirrel
January 30th, 2012, 08:42 AM

What is APL? Never heard of Alice Cullen, but my oldest daughter (19) has hair like that. (Dang it, me, a long-hair freak, with daughters cutting their hair short!)

LittleOrca
January 30th, 2012, 08:43 AM
What is APL? Never heard of Alice Cullen, but my oldest daughter (19) has hair like that. (Dang it, me, a long-hair freak, with daughters cutting their hair short!)

APL - Arm Pit Length.

Alice Cullen is a fictional character from the Twilight series. (which I despise, so it makes Punzie's cut that much more unbareable to me.)

Of the Fae
January 30th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I really loved the movie- except for the part where she loses all her gorgeous fantastic hair in exchange for this very very very average cut.
The witch-mom made me laugh btw :P

aragorn
January 30th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Hated the haircut in Tangled. I know it's part of the legend. But usually when her hair is cut off, it's grown back by the end of the story. They left that part out, and I know why, but still it really mad me angry. I know it's part of the plot and symbolized her liberation, but I'm sick of that film cliche. It's as if a woman can't be free or liberated with long hair. Hoping that they don't do a haircut in Brave for the same reason.

If you saw Beauty and The Beast 3D, there is an amusing short called Tangled Ever After, where Rapunzel and Flynn get married. She's got a bridal train as long as her hair used to be, but her hair is still short. At the end of the short they show you the title "Tangled Ever After." Thought the title was a little inappropriate since she's hardly got any hair left to be "Tangled Ever After."

nessa454
January 30th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I really love this film (yeah except for the part where she loses her hair, as already said...). My friends always assume I can do this things with my hair like she does in the beginning when flynn arrives :D

heidi w.
January 30th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I liked the movie and it's cleverness with her abilities with her hair. Such as coming out of prison and swinging on her hair all happy, and then all upset. It was cute, to me.

I didn't like that all these stories end that the lady has to cut her hair for some reason or other. Even the Rapunzel story, in its original form, includes the cutting of her hair at the end for survival, if memory serves.

I received a Tangled Christmas card. I liked that card a lot.

heidi w.

Foxy_Booker
January 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I watch this movie all the time; its now my favourite Disney movie. I HAD to get it in blueray, you can see every hair strand and theres so much detail they put into everything.

I was mad at her hair chop at the end, I pretend her hair is still long. My DH likes it better at the end so now I resent him.:pins:

CanadaSquirrel
January 30th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I watch this movie all the time; its now my favourite Disney movie. I HAD to get it in blueray, you can see every hair strand and theres so much detail they put into everything.

I was mad at her hair chop at the end, I pretend her hair is still long. My DH likes it better at the end so now I resent him.:pins:

Oooooh! Now I'm wishing I would've ordered it in Blueray. I got it in regular DVD so it could also be played in our truck. Maybe I'll still get a Blueray copy eventually. I love the artistic detail.

MamaCimino
January 30th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I loved this movie and my older boys love the horse and laughed during the whole thing. I liked how her hair moved like it was hair and not stiff like a lot of cartoon hair can be. Glad it was on netflix watch instantly for so long too!

Foxy_Booker
January 30th, 2012, 12:56 PM
:D I got it in regular DVD quality first as well. It was one of those things that I loved so much I splurged and got the Blueray. When I watched it the first time in HD there was so much detail in their clothing and you can see everyone of eugenes facial hairs, everthing is so crisp its amazing how much detail they put into it.

Its silly how much I love this movie. I'm growing out my natural colour now since its a dark blonde because I want to be more like Rapunzel. :p

Of the Fae
January 30th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I also love the artwork she did inside her tower!

Kira94
January 30th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I LOVE that movie!
I'm still a little sad they didn't make her hair grow back, however, I like to think that it does later, since now it's not magic so it can be normal hair now. :D

Kaya
January 30th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Awww, it makes me sad that nobody seems to like her hair after she cuts it. :( I adore her short spikey look; if I could rock short hair like that, I totally would! :D And personally, I like to think that they modeled her short hair after Mandy Moore's short hair that she sported for awhile. She did do Blondie's voice after all!
Case in Point:
http://mjspletzer.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/mandymoore.jpg

Heck, I think she even looks the character!

Anywho, I LOVE this movie to death! Like beckishness, it's my go-to feel-good movie. Even my DH tells me that I should watch 'Tangled' when he senses that I'm feeling sad or moody! :)
I have it on Blu-Ray/DVD combo, and and on my iPod. I'm weird. I've seen the movie so many times, that when I cook, I'll play it on the iPod, stick it in my pocket, and then just listen to it while I putter around the kitchen. My DH thinks it's hilarious when I start saying the lines along with the characters. Oh well. What can I say, it's my favorite Disney movie! Hmmm, all this talk about 'Tangled' makes me want to watch it tonight! :eyebrows:

gthlvrmx
January 30th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Im loving it so far! :) it doesnt help my patience though to have hair that long. Sun, give me your sweet sun glowy hair magic!

Andraste
January 30th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Hated the haircut in Tangled. I know it's part of the legend. But usually when her hair is cut off, it's grown back by the end of the story. They left that part out, and I know why, but still it really mad me angry. I know it's part of the plot and symbolized her liberation, but I'm sick of that film cliche. It's as if a woman can't be free or liberated with long hair. Hoping that they don't do a haircut in Brave for the same reason.

Completely agree with all of this. IMO it is the complete opposite. The less you submit to society's standards (such as cutting your hair), the more liberated you are to be who you want to be. An individual.

Red Rapunzel
January 30th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Canada Squirrel: First of all, congratulations on having the courage and initiative to leave your abuser. Many women find it easier to just stay and endure the abuse, sometimes to their deaths.
I can relate to your experience. For me it was almost 30 years, but there isn't a day that goes by that my son and I aren't thrilled that we now live in peace and love without fear. We have less, but it seems like it is really more. I recently heard a bishop, speaking on the topic of spousal abuse, say the following: "You are not required to live in Hell to avoid going to Hell."

As for the movie, "Tangled", I don't think I could stand seeing Rapunzel (my namesake) have her hair all cut off. Yes, she does look like Alice Cullen. Maybe the movie would be good to see when we are beginning to seriously consider chopping off all our long hair - it could change our minds about that and keep us longhairs for life!

Again, congrats on choosing life and finding your wonderful W! May you have many, many more years of happiness together!!