PDA

View Full Version : A friendly reminder...

CrunchyMama
January 29th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Just a friendly reminder to all my fellow longhairs to clean their vacuum cleaner's beater brushes regularly. I didn't.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9205&pictureid=125267
This was the result. My vacuum cleaner started smoking, the motor burned out, and some of the beater brush melted--all thanks to my gorgeous long locks!

(Mods, if you'd prefer this be posted on the Friendship Board, please feel free to relocate. However, this is really about long hair... ;) )

ericthegreat
January 29th, 2012, 08:54 PM
This is why I have the maid sweep our floors every day. I shed like crazy everywhere all over the floors and when I wash my hair in the shower. My hairballs can create a whole wig in like just a week!

CrunchyMama
January 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
This is why I have the maid sweep our floors every day. I shed like crazy everywhere all over the floors and when I wash my hair in the shower. My hairballs can create a whole wig in like just a week!

Yuck! I wish I had a maid... The perspective of my photo is hard to see, really, but that ball is at least the size of my fist. And that's just the hair that got caught, I fill up my vacuum's canister with my (and my dog's) hair regularly!

ericthegreat
January 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I shed like CRAZY. My hairballs (from my own head alone, since everyone else in my family has very short hair including my mother who always has her hair cut into a short, layered bob) are the size of rats. :shocked:

jeanniet
January 29th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Fortunately my vacuum has a light to signal when the brush needs to be checked, and I think it shuts off if there's too much stress on the motor. I try to remember to check it regularly anyway. It fills up fast!

bettylibertine
January 29th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Eeek! *goes off to check the vaccuum cleaner* :p

Synnovea
January 29th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Ha! My hair broke the vacuum cleaner last week. I showed my husband this thread and he just nodded with a raised eyebrow.

Aliantha
January 30th, 2012, 05:53 AM
LOL, I'm glad this got posted! I thought I was the only one who had locked up the beater bar with hairs wound all round and round it. Oh, the smoking and the horrible burning rubber smell. I just forget to pull out that hair.

jacqueline101
January 30th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I must be lucky I never did shed that much. It takes a year worth of hair to clog my shower. Even in the past my shedding was minimal.

Amber_Maiden
January 30th, 2012, 06:44 AM
And another friendly reminder- EVERYONE GET SHOWER AND SINK HAIR CATCHERS/STRAINERS... IT'LL SAVE YOU LOADS- as I have learnt recently when the plumber had to come...