PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair Club? Anyone familiar?

Of the Fae
January 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM
okay I re edited the link, the adress is longhair. org but without the space inbetween ;)

I found this! It has amazing long hair pictures and care tips! A lot of info is similar to the information one can find here :)

MissHair
January 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM
The website is invalid. Did you type the right address?

pepperminttea
January 29th, 2012, 02:57 PM
The URL is blocked by LHC, I'm assuming? If you google "/HCP/HCP.html" (including the quotation marks), it's the first result.

Of the Fae
January 29th, 2012, 03:33 PM
It does have some info that is different however. They advise to brush from the scalp to the ends, but as far as I know everyone here including me starts with the ends and then proceeds up, and thén goed from scalp to ends.

Anywhere
January 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I looked at it. Clicked on "bangs".

It tells me bangs and layers cause hair loss.

Yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

I promptly stopped viewing. Some things the site say may be helpful, but I personally don't believe bangs cause hair loss. There's no way my scalp knows if I cut my hair.

Of the Fae
January 29th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I agree with you, Anywhere!
They do advise scalp massage though, and they say the right things about trimming. I haven't read the entire site, but I thought it was interesting and am working on it.

Of the Fae
January 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM
In the photo section this woman named Joanna has absolutely gorgeous hair~!

MissHair
January 29th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I looked at it. Clicked on "bangs".

It tells me bangs and layers cause hair loss.

Yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

I promptly stopped viewing. Some things the site say may be helpful, but I personally don't believe bangs cause hair loss. There's no way my scalp knows if I cut my hair.

I was sceptical of this theory back in the day too, but here's why I think they have a point: Link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1970091#post1970091)

Anywhere
January 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM
You say that the hair isn't supported so it is weaker and more prone to breakage. Which I believe to an extent, if your hair is exposed to damage in those areas. If I wear my hair up all the time it shouldn't make a difference. This site is claiming the scalp feels "un-balanced" and sheds long hair. Which I think is :bs:

Hollyfire3
January 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I was sceptical of this theory back in the day too, but here's why I think they have a point: Link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1970091#post1970091)

Gosh, i hoep this isn't true! I've had layers all my life and bangs when i was younger, my hair is curly and thick, without layers, i would just have a poofier mess! I understand where you are coming from, but i just hope its wrong... for my hair's sake

jacqueline101
January 29th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I don't agree with the bangs and layers. I mean I've had them all my life and my hair grows just fine.

Beatnik Guy
January 29th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Dave Tichenor's TILHC site? I think it has been mostly dormant for years now. :shrug: