PDA

View Full Version : Is this damage or new growth?

MissHair
January 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
My hair has been looking unusually frizzy, especially after a shower. Is this new growth or damage? I really can't tell because I have never paid attention to my hair like I do now.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7987/hairgrowth.png

Hollyfire3
January 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM
That looks like static, is it dry where you are? I would say that it is new growth that is too short to lay flat. What are you doing that would possibly damage you hair?

Maktub
January 29th, 2012, 01:27 PM
That's actually after you raised it with your fingers, right ?

Do you live in a cold climate where you are using heat in the winter ? If so, the unusual frizz could come from more dryness and static.

Otherwise, we would see better with your hair combed down, but it does look healthy and undamaged. The short hair look like new growth. One way to know is to look at the ends, if they are pointy and sleek all the way to the tip, it is new growth ! :)

MissHair
January 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Yes, it's after raising my hair with my fingers. Where I am is very cold right now, minus 5-10 celcius! I do straighten my hair occassionally these days. The frizz isnt equally as bad when I comb it down but it's still puffy.

Maktub
January 29th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Must be the heat and the straitening.

Maybe try to get more moisture into your hair with deep treatments :)

Vanille_
January 29th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I have a lot of breakage at the top and my new growth sticks up too. I think it's new growth :)

MissHair
January 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Is it OK to use deep conditioning on the top of my head? Everyone keeps saying it'll create buildup if the conditioner touches the scalp.

cheetahfast
January 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Is it OK to use deep conditioning on the top of my head? Everyone keeps saying it'll create buildup if the conditioner touches the scalp.

Who is everyone??

Here we have many CO washers that would disagree...
I don't see an issue with it.

MissHair
January 29th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Who is everyone??

Here we have many CO washers that would disagree...
I don't see an issue with it.

Thanks! I have to check the CO thread. My ends love conditioning so I don't see why my scalp wouldnt.

Vanille_
January 29th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I don't condition my scalp, but that's because it means I have to wash my hair more often as the roots get oily.

jacqueline101
January 29th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I would say its new growth. I'd hope its new growth.

Shahada
January 29th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I have a bunch of that ALL OVER my head and different lengths all along the length. I think it's alot of new growth and also a result of damage that has caused alot of my hair to fall in the past. I just want all the shorter lengths to get healthier and grow if it's possible, but I will always have that annoying halo of 3 inches. :-(

Najade
January 29th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I would say it is new growth...or static hair.