PDA

View Full Version : What could have caused this damage??

B-L
January 29th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I haven't done S&D in a while cuz I thought my shears were not so sharp anymore. But yesterday I bought new ones and did some searching today. I was pleased to see that there were not many split ends. I found max 10 or so. But then I took a strand that began just behind my left ear and found so many and even multiples :angry: I took one more small strand just below that one and found more. I didn't find any split ends in the rest of that front side.. so I wonder what could have caused that damage?:confused: Did I do something or is it just a coincidence?

SarahKayfa
January 29th, 2012, 11:43 AM
My hair is like that too. No splits in the length, but the strand immediately behind each ear is heavily damaged. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

jacqueline101
January 29th, 2012, 11:43 AM
My hair gets caught on my ear rings and I have damage due to that.

pepperminttea
January 29th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Do you wear glasses?

joflakes
January 29th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Do you constantly put your hair behind your ear and touch it a lot?

B-L
January 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM
My hair gets caught on my ear rings and I have damage due to that.

Maybe that could be it.. though I can't remember last time that happened :ponder:

B-L
January 29th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I don't wear glasses... But I do put it behinde my ear most of the time it's down. But I'm trying to wear it up most of the time. It's down ony when I airdry..

I wear it in a regular braid when it's up..

Maktub
January 29th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I don't wear glasses... But I do put it behinde my ear most of the time it's down. .

This might be why, the friction of always being put back behind ears.

B-L
January 29th, 2012, 12:02 PM
This might be why, the friction of always being put back behind ears.

Well I'm not going to do that again, for sure! :o

SarahKayfa
January 29th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Oh- glasses. That's probably it for me. My pup chewed the arms, and I haven't replaced them (I just wear them at home where no one can see.)

Piyo
January 29th, 2012, 12:18 PM
The hair around my nape and behind my ear tangles a lot, and I've gotten a lot of splits in that area from detangling too roughly. It doesn't sound like this is your issue though.

shikara
January 29th, 2012, 02:29 PM
My hair there is tangly - ecen if im not tucking it behind my ears, it goes back into an updo, and down again at night. I have started to scrunch a mix of deep moisturizung condish with a regukat condish that has keratin to strengthen those strands and hopefully also reduce tangling. On the plus side, i can turn them into wispy tendrils!

papera
January 29th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I got the same thing from wearing my bags on the shoulder ... I put my hair up more now and try to keep hair away from straps and it seems to have reduced the damage

gracenotes
January 29th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Is the hair there finer than the rest of your hair? I know that some parts of my hair are quite fine, and tend to be more prone to damage because the hair is less resilient.