PDA

View Full Version : Natural/Organic Thread

Pazita!
January 29th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I like to use only natural/organic products. I would like to share ideas with those who use natural/organic products too.
Currently I preshampoo with extra virgin organic coconut oil (Garden of Life). I wash my hair with egg yolk, rinse, then wash my hair with Poofy Organics Shampoo, rinse, and apply 1T of white vinegar diluted in 1cup of water and don't rinse. After that I apply Aura Acacia organic argan oil on the length, some days before the argan oil I apply Poofy Organics Leave In Conditioner.

LissaJane
January 29th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm also a total organics nut. I have a huge list of chemicals and ingredients I avoid like the plague and you'd never catch me using. All of the products I use on my body are organic (Or, at least, of as natural an origin as can be).

I try to use organic food as well, but my family aren't as keen on it as I am (It's "expensive" etc.)

My routine, currently, is as follows: Victorian Garden African collection shampoo, followed by the same conditioner. Olive/coconut oil. An ACV rinse every now and then and sporadic tea-sprays.

I'll be keeping track of this thread fo'sho :)

Pazita!
January 29th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I'm also a total organics nut. I have a huge list of chemicals and ingredients I avoid like the plague and you'd never catch me using. All of the products I use on my body are organic (Or, at least, of as natural an origin as can be).

I try to use organic food as well, but my family aren't as keen on it as I am (It's "expensive" etc.)

My routine, currently, is as follows: Victorian Garden African collection shampoo, followed by the same conditioner. Olive/coconut oil. An ACV rinse every now and then and sporadic tea-sprays.

I'll be keeping track of this thread fo'sho :)

I totally understand you! My family and most of my friends don't understand my "obsession" with organic beauty and home products, and organic food. It is great to talk to someone who share my interests.
I didn't know Victorian Garden Shampoo I will check them out, I love to learn about products I didn't know =).

Aliantha
January 30th, 2012, 06:03 AM
I've been using Aubrey Organics shampoos and conditioners for about a decade now. Currently, I'm using their Green Tea shampoo and cream rinse. I tried BS/ACV for a month or so, but my scalp just never felt clean and I felt "gunky" all the time, so I went back to my AO.

cuties
January 30th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I mostly use natural/organic products but I have tried way too many of them than I can remember. Very few worked for me. I have tried Aubrey Organics, Hugo naturals, Avalon organics, shikai and a few more. Now I am finally using shampoo bars, but recently I had a bad breakout on my scalp and am not sure what was the cause as I was under tremendous stress as well and using these shampoo bars for a couple of months, so I decided to take a break from shampoo bars and went back to liquid shampoo. But now things are relaxed more and I am giving the Alaffia line a try. But I would like to go back to my shampoo bars soon.

AvonleLocks
January 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I only use organic cleansers and conditioners too! I prefer using foods like eggs or Olive oil and Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking soda, but there are some good organics out there..mostly on the internet. I need to know the products are really pure though. when I run out of my favorites, I shampoo with a paste made of Baking Soda and Water and sinse in ACV for shine! Good luck and keep it up!

Pazita!
February 2nd, 2012, 05:08 PM
I just found another organic shampoo and conditioner -Organic Excellence-, and everyone keeps telling me how amazing those products are! Finally the convinced me, so I'm going to buy the products =D.