PDA

View Full Version : What is your natural hemline?

Beckstar
January 29th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Mine grows into a serious V. I will have one really, really long piece from the nap of my neck that doesn't curl as well as the shorter pieces. Everytime I go to the hairdresser they want to cut it to match the rest but I resist and ask them to just trim the ends and please don't change the shape of my hemline.

Amber_Maiden
January 29th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Straight-ish...Or straight-ish with a slight U.

Sundial
January 29th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Mine gets into a choppy U. I do have layers growing in though so it may explain why my U is more pronounced. I'm curious to see what hemline I will get when I grow it out from a blunt hemline.

Amazinggrace
January 29th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Mine is mostly straight across.

Madora
January 29th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Right side seems to grow faster so my hemline is lopsided.

Mayflower
January 29th, 2012, 08:33 AM
The left side of my hair grows almost two times as fast as the right side so I have to keep trimming it or it looks ridiculous.

cheetahfast
January 29th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Mine is a slight U. Maybe it would be more straight across and blunt if I didn't have layers :shrug:.

jacqueline101
January 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Mine v or u shape its taken a more u shape since I started monistat it has made my growth more uniformed. Prior to that v really steep v.

A. Correira
January 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Mine is naturally more if a blunt hemline... If I cut layers into my hair, within a few weeks, you can no longer tell that there were layers at all.

hanne jensen
January 29th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Mine is a very deep u, almost a mermaid hemline. The front of my hair is about 10 cm shorter than the back. My left side is longer than my right side.

kjirstiben
January 29th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Mine tapers into a natural U-shape, though since it curls and the taper turns into fairytale ends, it's hard to tell what hemline I have. Each time I've trimmed substantially over the past few years, I've been hoping to get closer to a blunt hemline, but it grows back out into the tapered U. (I suppose a real blunt cut would require cutting a lot of length off in order to even it all out.)

Aliantha
January 29th, 2012, 08:57 AM
If left to do what it wants, my hair grows in a messy V with fairy tale ends. It's probably my fault, since it has to make up for all those old layers I'm trying to grow out.

Orangerthanred
January 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Right now I have no clue because I have such a weird haircut, but I think it grows rather straight if you cut it straight first

dwell_in_safety
January 29th, 2012, 09:27 AM
A U, slightly lopsided because my left side grows faster than my right.

pepperminttea
January 29th, 2012, 11:48 AM
My hair naturally grows in a U-hemline. :) My current siggy photo was taken last October, eleven months after cutting a blunt straight-across hemline, with no trims in between.

irishlady
January 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Deep U for me, but I'm not sure, it tends to fairy tail as well.

ericthegreat
I have no idea. I always have my hemline cut to a perfectly straight, one-length line. And, I also trim my own ends every 2 weeks, taking off half an inch every time, so I never get to see what my hair would naturally look like if I jsut left it to grow wild.

Quixii
A u-ish, fairytale end thing. xP

B-L
January 29th, 2012, 12:06 PM
U-ish but irregular..

laceyfairy
January 29th, 2012, 12:11 PM
What's a mermaid hemline? Sorry for the hijack

Hollyfire3
January 29th, 2012, 01:31 PM
My hair grows in a natural u or blunt shape, i just need to touch it up with a 1/2 inch trim every so often because i like it to be very blunt.

alyanna
January 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I'm not really sure, actually. I think i have to wait until it's a bit longer to see how it grows.

Having said that, since I got a blunt cut about 5 or 6 months ago, my hair has maintained a straight-across hemline, but, my canopy is always a bit curlier and frizzier so it always shrinks up. Which makes it look like I have layers.

luxepiggy
January 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Mine always seems to end up blunt / straight across.

BlazingHeart
January 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Mine tends to grow exceptionally evenly, so it stays in whatever shape it gets cut to. Right now, that means a u-ish shape because it grew out from very short and so the last 8" or so are effectively layered; when I start from blunt, it stays that way.

StPaulaGirl
January 29th, 2012, 03:42 PM
My right side grows faster, so it gets lopsided if I don't trim.

Ligeia_13
January 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Mine grows in a U shape that seems to be growing more into a V as time passes :(

Renate
January 29th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Mine is straight across. It grows even.

Shahada
January 29th, 2012, 06:40 PM
My natural hemline is a serious V. My longest layer is waist and my shortest is just past apl. I would like a blunt hemline but I'm content with a V.[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2qjx8va.jpg

turtlelover
January 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM
I have no idea since I can't stay away from the scissors long enough to find out!!!!

:p

einna
January 29th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I trim fairly often, but it seems like my hair likes the V. I often have a little extra I need to cut of if I want the U.

MissManda
January 29th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I like to keep my hemline very blunt right now, so I trim fairly often. I don't know which shape my hair naturally grows in since it seems to retain the shape that it was cut into, When I had lots of layers, I had a V-hem which my hair stayed in until I trimmed it. Now that it's in a soft U, it's staying that way, although the sides really seem to want to catch up.

At this time, I suspect that my hair grows in a soft U or V. I'll have to wait and see once I decide I don't want to trim as much and compare it to my current hypothesis.. Haha.

aisha.christine
January 29th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Currently, it's been growing in a "u" shape, but I have layers, so that might be a contributor.

Aethernaught
January 29th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I'm waiting to find out, but if memory serves my hair grows fairly evenly, tending towards a mild V.

Sushi144
January 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Mine grows in a weird, irregular and quite ugly fairytail. :o

vanillabones
January 30th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Straight across for me I think.

Lorisal
January 30th, 2012, 05:50 PM
My hair grows in a V shape.

Nipushiau
January 30th, 2012, 05:57 PM
A definate v-shape. I would almost consider it a an extreme fairy-tale shape.

Mrspuddinhead
January 30th, 2012, 09:23 PM
My hair grows into a U shaped hemline. Good thing I like it like that. :) I've started using Pantene Pro V breakage to strength and have noticed a difference in my split ends, much healthier. Even with that being said I still plan to cut off about 2" inches.

nakmom
January 30th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I have no idea since I've never really paid much attention to my hair before TLHC :shrug: I did a trim in December, so right now it's straight across. How long after a straight across trim can you start to see what your hair naturally does?

jojo
January 30th, 2012, 10:27 PM
mine is a deep U verging on V when left to do its own thing, which is fine with me!

holothuroidea
January 30th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I also would like to know what a "mermaid" hemline looks like. :D

I have no idea what natural hemline I have, but I can't wait to find out! Right now my hair has a lot of layers, I haven't decided if I'm going to maintain at a length, let grow and chop, or trim gradually over months, but sooner or later I hope to get rid of them.

sfgirl
January 31st, 2012, 12:03 AM
My left side, if left alone, will end up a few inches longer than my right sometimes! But besides that, the overall shape ends up as fairy tale ends. Whenever I go in for a trim, just to get the damage off, the hair dresser usually ends up chopping off the cute wispies, even though they aren't damaged. To a hair dresser, scraggly= damaged 100% of the time. :(

katsrevenge
January 31st, 2012, 12:17 AM
Fairy tailed U/V. Pretty much what I have now as I haven't been trimming but for the very ends (and that not much at all!)