PDA

View Full Version : Maria's wrapped bun

maria_asa
January 29th, 2012, 03:51 AM
This is one of the buns I wear when I need something that I know will stay and that works even on very uncooperative hair. I've done it for many years and haven't seen instructions for it anywhere so I thought it was time for me to share it with y'all :p

Gather your hair in a ponytail but do not fasten it
Wrap the hair up over three or four of the fingers (depending on how big of a loop you want in the end) of the hand that's holding the ponytail and then back down under them (the hair goes between the hand that's holding the ponytail and the scalp)
Now, wrap the rest of the hair around the base of the coil you just made without moving the hand that's holding the ponytail and the first coil. Continue wrapping until you have enough hair left to do at least one more round (this is very important since the remaining tail is what makes this bun very secure)
Grab the first coil with your free hand and while gliding the other hand out of the first coil flip the coils you just made down/out
Continue wrapping the last of the hair around the base
Insert a hair stick through the upper (first) coil you made and out through the second, flipped coil

Video (http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/maria_asa/filmer/?action=view&current=Mariaswrappedbun_red.mp4)

I hope you'll like it!

Sissilonghair
January 29th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Hi Maria,
That is so nice,I really like it a lot,very simple to make...:cheese:
My hair is almost long down my back,anyway I think it can turn to a nice bun...
i love hair videos...
May I ask you to make a video for the chain bun? :D

Lisa R
January 29th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Love it! Will give it a try. Your hair is beautiful. I would love to see more hair style video's from you!:) Thanks for sharing:)

rock007junkie
January 29th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Really love the video. Will try later this afternoon. Thanks for posting :-)

Fairlight63
January 29th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Thank you for the video - you did a great job! it made it much easier to understand, guess that I am a visual person, LOL
Looks really easy, will have to give it a try.

By the way - your hair is BEAUTIFUL!

jacqueline101
January 29th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Ii like your bun I will have to try it this summer.

Gingerbear
January 29th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Nice video. My hair is not quite long enough for this yet, but I will try it when I make a bit more progress...

Toiréasa
January 29th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I love it will give it a go today,I might not be quite long enough yet but I'm going to save your video for future reference thanks for sharing.

maria_asa
January 30th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Thank you so much everyone! Since this was my first attempt at a hair video I wasn't sure it was good enough.

If you try the bun I would love to see pics.

Hi Maria,
That is so nice,I really like it a lot,very simple to make...:cheese:
My hair is almost long down my back,anyway I think it can turn to a nice bun...
i love hair videos...
May I ask you to make a video for the chain bun? :D

I'll see what I can do about the chain bun. Truth be told I haven't worn it myself for a long time so I might have to try it a few times before I want it on tape :p

newbeginning
January 30th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the video. I'll have to try this.

Amber_Maiden
January 30th, 2012, 07:40 AM
That's an awesome video! Like the song! Beautiful hair! I'm going to try it! :D

ingvild
January 30th, 2012, 07:45 AM
That's a beautiful bun, it looks great! Unfortunately I'm severely bun-challenged at the moment, but one day! :D

Topaz
January 30th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Thank you so much! I'm always on the look-out for easy buns. My hair is braided today, but I'll give this one a go tomorrow! :cheese:

Long_hair_bear
January 30th, 2012, 08:35 AM
My hair is at bsl length so im not sure its long enough, but ill try anyway. :)

BrightEyes
January 30th, 2012, 08:47 AM
What a beautiful bun, and very inspiring for another finey and thinny. Your hair is gorgeous:) Thank you for sharing, I'm saving this for when I can do it.

Jessibear2854
January 30th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks for sharing! I really like it, even though I can only do it as a half-up at the moment. I'm saving for when my hair is longer!

Rhodugune
January 30th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I liked you video very much, a very good looking bun!
I hope you will make more video's, it was done in a good pace to follow how the bun is done. :flowers:

Safira
January 30th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Thank you Maria, bun was beautiful, I´ll try this!

PrairieRose
January 30th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Love the bun! Very easy and simple yet elegant!

lapushka
January 30th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I'm a little bit confused. Great video, BTW, but errr... Isn't this a nautilus bun? :confused: :oops:

PrairieRose
January 30th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I'm a little bit confused. Great video, BTW, but errr... Isn't this a nautilus bun? :confused: :oops:
Not sure if it is a nautilus bun. I have trouble doing a nautilus bun, but I can manage this one:)

Neorah
January 30th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Looks like a variation of the lazy wrap bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=72). :) It's definitely a comfy classic!