PDA

View Full Version : Help with hair typing

jtsck
January 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I started this when I first showed up here last month and I have decided to add my progress pictures to it so I can keep track of them for myself!

I discovered this forum through a coworker and have learned so much already.

Today I decided to try CWC for the first time using my normal shampoo and conditioner. I also wanted to let my hair dry without any influence to see what happened. For the first time IN MY LIFE I did not brush my hair at all. I only used a wide tooth comb and my fingers. This picture is after my hair is 95% dry (it was taken outside so the color looks a little different, I also seem to have roots in this picture but I don't dye my hair so I think it is the lighting).
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i328/tkannon/Hair%20Journey/20120128_163225.jpg

Hollyfire3
January 28th, 2012, 08:24 PM
1b maybe? Very thick, beautiful hair, happy growing, and welcome!:D

Kelikea
January 28th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I'm thinking maybe 1b/1c, but you should really do a typing without combing at all (not even fingers).

Diamond.Eyes
January 28th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I agree. It is somewhere along the lines of 1b. Maybe 1b/1c?

Quixii
January 28th, 2012, 08:52 PM
At its current length, it looks kinda 1c-ish to me, maybe 1b/1c. However, it looks like it has the potential to get more wavy as it gets longer.

mzBANGBANG
January 28th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I say definitely 1c (especially if you let it dry without combing at all, including finger combing). I WISH my 1b hair looked like that! 1a is pin straight, 1b can be pin straight but more often have a bit of wave or bound to it. 1c is when wave start showing up. :)

Hollyfire3
January 28th, 2012, 09:01 PM
I say definitely 1c (especially if you let it dry without combing at all, including finger combing). I WISH my 1b hair looked like that! 1a is pin straight, 1b can be pin straight but more often have a bit of wave or bound to it. 1c is when wave start showing up. :)

Oh, see i'm a wurly so waves to me are less ponounced than to straighter haireds (well in my opinion). whatever the type, the waves are there and they might get more pronounced when longer.

torrilin
January 28th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I'd go 2a, maybe 2b. We're looking at shoulder length hair with at least 3 full wavelengths in it. It takes my 1c hair til BSL to get that many wavelengths. No way is this 1b, or really 1 anything. I'm also seeing hints of corkscrewing, so with more moisture and gentler handling, it may be more like 2c... especially since this is after combing!

To me the key is the overall impression is not straight. There's a strong, easily visible wave pattern. No peering and head scratching trying to figure out if that wiggle is an actual wave or just the collar of her shirt.

Kira94
January 28th, 2012, 10:09 PM
I would say 2a possibly even 2b when it's longer. If it can be so wavy now, I think it may get even more wavy once it has more length. :)

auroraclio
January 28th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Id say 1c, mine looks very similar when I dont comb and let it airdry

blondie9912
January 28th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I'd say 1c, since it would probably have been wavier if you didn't comb it out. You have beautiful hair, and it will look even more stunning as it reaches greater lengths. Good luck on your journey :flower:

dwell_in_safety
January 29th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Shorter hair is difficult to type sometimes (sometimes I don't even know how to type myself, because when my hair gets near waist it starts to get ringlets which is 2c but any shorter and it's more 2b), but your hair in the second picture reminds me of the waves I get in mine when I just let it try. I would say that at your current length you're a solid 1c/2a, and I hesitate to put the 1c in there. With some more length and treating your hair as wavy, you may even find that you are a 2b or 2c.

jtsck
February 19th, 2012, 06:11 PM
New picture time! Here is today's picture. I had argan oil on overnight, CWC followed by a ACV rinse and then I didn't even comb it once. Which is really hard for me to do!! I am really starting to see more wave as I moisturize more!

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i328/tkannon/Hair%20Journey/2012-02-19145921.jpg

jojo
February 19th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Going off your new photo id say your a solid 2a and as it gets longer maybe a 2a/b, very pretty too!

MissManda
February 19th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I'd say your hair is 2a at least; it's much too wavy to be 1b, IMO. :)

Lissandria
February 19th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I agree with 2a, maybe even 2a/b.
1b hair is completely straight with a slight wave which gives body but doesn't actually appear wavy. 1c hair should be the first category where visible S waves are noticeable, but you are too wavy for that, so 2a :)

It's going to look great longer. Happy growing!

torrilin
February 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
That's not hints of corkscrews anymore! There's at least 1 giant one!

I'd probably put you as a 2b. You're not all over corkscrews, and the one definite one is gigantic. So you're not a 3. And your wave pattern is relatively large, and you don't have "some" corkscrews, just the one. So 2c is probably too high. But having even 1 corkscrew means 2a is right out.

Your hair is looking fantastic :D.

Falcore
February 19th, 2012, 06:52 PM
My first thought was 2a so I'm sticking with that.

terylenerose
February 19th, 2012, 07:20 PM
At least 2a. There are too many waves for a 1. 1c means there is an S-wave "here and there", not all the way through the hair. 1b also does not normally look wavy, as I understand.

NormaJean
February 19th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I'd be inclined to say 2a/b because it looks an awful lot like mine without the dreaded poof at that length. :-P