PDA

View Full Version : Added ways to protect from clips bobby pins, hair ties...

shikara
January 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM
So after burning my brain learning more about protein thru the use of shampoos and regukar conditioners, I can see how the proper balance of protein and moisture will really protect the hair. There are those of us who, while treating our hair with tlc, want to style our hair in ways that may include hair ties, bobby pins, clips, etc. There are companies who make 'hair friendly' tools but there musr be other ways as well. One thing I do sometimes for bobby pin usage - I dont really use anything else - is apply some mineral oil or a petrolatum/cocunut oil rich conditiiner product to those areas to provide an additional protective barrier. Do you have any methods you use foe this purpose?

MungoMania
January 28th, 2012, 03:09 PM
That's a good idea. I use two bobbi pins on most days for my hair bun. I'd never thought of a protectant before this. I'm going to try your suggestion next time I bun. :)

jacqueline101
January 28th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I've always checked my bobby pins for the rubber tips. They add protection against blunt ends. I do like your idea I have petroleum jelly with cocoa butter that might be a good use for it or my doo gro. Someone gave them to me.

einna
January 28th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Interesting idea. This gives me yet another reason to try mineral oil.
When I use bobby pins, I try to not place them in the same spot as before, and I am careful when pulling them out, but that´s about it (for now anyways..).