PDA

View Full Version : Sooo....is this hiplength?

Maverick494
January 28th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I've been wondering about this for a while. I have been at the void between waist and hip for a while now and made new picture of my hairstyle. Can I call this hip? (my hands are at the top of my hipbones in the pic)

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5839/schermafbeelding2012012c.png

Amazinggrace
January 28th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Looks like hip to me! :)

Kelikea
January 28th, 2012, 09:16 AM
It kinda looks like waist. I can't tell where your waist vs. hips are from the pic tough. It just looks like your hands are where your waist would go in.

uptosomeone
January 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I can't tell either, to me (being a long-torsoed person) it looks about waist. If you have a short torso it's very possible it could be at hip, though...

By the way, the hairstyle you're wearing looks really good! :)

Maverick494
January 28th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I have a very short torso and long legs so waist is higher up than most. The shirt I'm wearing is also quite long. That said I can see why it would be hard to tell. I'll try to make a better pic later.

Amber_Maiden
January 28th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Yep. You're at hip.

lapushka
January 28th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Looks like your hair's just hitting your hip bones.

misspurdy06
January 28th, 2012, 09:39 AM
It's waist

Savahead
January 28th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Waist. I think that hip length is when it reaches the hip joint, you will get there soon!

mzBANGBANG
January 28th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I think it could be hip, just hard to tell because of the shirt. It looks like your waist is up a bit higher, so if it's not quite hip yet it's definitely close.

terpentyna
January 28th, 2012, 09:50 AM
It might as well be hip length since she's touching her iliac crest... Unless there's a decent definition out there that I don't know of, "hip length" really confuses me. This thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=86856&page=2) presented a similar problem.

Waist. I think that hip length is when it reaches the hip joint, you will get there soon!

That's practically at tailbone though...

Henrietta
January 28th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Guys, read what she says. If she says that her hands are at hips, she is as hips. She can feel where her bones are, right? ;) No matter how it looks like for us :)

heidi w.
January 28th, 2012, 10:44 AM
To me it looks "waist" length. Yet, you are at the top of the hips. So, really, kind of both.

The hips may start a bit lower, possibly, But if you're hip length, you're closer to the top of the hips. So I'd say waist length for more accuracy.

heidi w.

morrigan*
January 28th, 2012, 11:08 AM
You should take a bigger pic with more fitted shirt. But if you're touching your hip bones then you are at hip, even if don't look like that at this pic.

honeydippedxo
January 28th, 2012, 11:13 AM
To me hip is more like where your jeans would start, directly above your booty.

jacqueline101
January 28th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I think you're hip length.

vrm84
January 28th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I think its like lower waist, but its all good!

jeanniet
January 28th, 2012, 02:16 PM
If your hands are resting on your hips, then you're at hip or just about.

GingerSnapO
January 28th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I have problems with telling lengths also, because no one seems to agree on exactly where "hip" is. I've gotta say though, that I love your color!

sarahramen
January 28th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I consider hip to be the top of the bones as well, so yes, by my standards you are at hip. And how do you do that hairstyle?

Maverick494
January 29th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks for your opinions everyone!

I'll think I'll wait till my hair reaches an easier to define length ;) (like for example TB) before I change my length status. I guess I just love milestones haha ;)

And how do you do that hairstyle?

I make 2 braids on the side of my head and one bigger one at the back. When that's done you make a hole at the start of your bigger braid with your fingers and you pull side braids through it. You then wrap the side braids under and over the big braid and tie it all off. And there you have it!

This was my first attempt at it though so I didn't get it as neat as I wanted, but practice makes perfect ;)

Fairytale
January 29th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Love your hair color !

Im saying lower waist ,Im at waist and I consider when
Im hip when its touching the outer sides that stick out (in simple terms):)

papera
January 29th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Guys, read what she says. If she says that her hands are at hips, she is as hips. She can feel where her bones are, right? ;) No matter how it looks like for us :)

I just second that :) So yes, you're at hip :cheese:

BlazingHeart
January 29th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I'd say you're maybe an inch shy of hip - very close, but not quiiiite where I would call it.

PixxieStix
January 29th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Congratulations on reaching the hip length milestone! :D Your hair is gorgeous by the way.

Shahada
January 29th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Definitely looks hip. It looks like your waist starts a bit higher but you have your hands resting on the hip bone. Congrats! Love the length girlfriend!!!

bettylibertine
January 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I'd say yes! Also - I really like the 'do :)

jojo
January 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Your body proportions are the same as mine, so only a small gap from waist to hip but that is hip to me. Your hair colour is my most favorite colour, its beautiful!

Mrspuddinhead
February 1st, 2012, 09:18 AM
Yes ma'am. I would say you have reached hip. Congrats..!!

PeacenQuietGal
February 1st, 2012, 10:20 AM
When (IF) i am fortunate enough to reach your length I will call it "waist". Then when my hair is level with the ball joints of my hips, I will call that "hip".

You have Beautiful hair :)