PDA

View Full Version : Fishtail braids

darkrose
January 27th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Quick question, what sort of wave do you get if you wear fishtail braids? I usually english braid my hair to make it straighter, I'm just wondering if fishtail might be better than the English for that.

habioku
January 27th, 2012, 06:00 AM
I get more but irregular waves from fishtail braids. I would rather recommend a caterpillar "braid" to straigthen the hair.

Grillz
January 27th, 2012, 06:37 AM
I've done the three fishtail braid a couple of times and left them in overnight to see what kind of waves I would get. The result is usually crimpy kind of poodle hair from the ears down lol. If I do just one, I get bigger crimps and weird hair. I don't think it would help to straighten your hair.

BlondieHepburn
January 27th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I get more but irregular waves from fishtail braids. I would rather recommend a caterpillar "braid" to straigthen the hair.

What exactly is a caterpillar braid? Looking it up online brings up too many different results. But it sounds interesting!

habioku
January 27th, 2012, 07:25 AM
What exactly is a caterpillar braid? Looking it up online brings up too many different results. But it sounds interesting!

It looks loke this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5051&pictureid=124726

For a night style a recommend a low ponytail ;)

BlondieHepburn
January 28th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Ooh it does look like a caterpillar! haha. Thank you for posting the picture.

jacqueline101
January 28th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I did the caterpillar braid in my hair and it does straighten out perm waves.

Phalaenopsis
January 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
It looks loke this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5051&pictureid=124726

For a night style a recommend a low ponytail ;)
I already knew the caterpillar braid, but I wanted to add that it looks particularly awesome with your hair!

BeautifulSoup
January 28th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Fishtail braids leave absolutely no waves in my hair. I was surprised by this because it seems like it should be crimped or something afterwards.

Kira94
January 29th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Yeah, fishtail braids crimp my hair, don't really see how it would straighten it. Can't wait till my hair is long enough to do a side fishtail without my layers falling out. :)
I love the caterpillar "braid"! I used to do that all the time as a kid! That's a good name for it, it does look like a caterpillar. I'll have to try that next time I don't want braid waves. :D

habioku
January 29th, 2012, 01:47 AM
I already knew the caterpillar braid, but I wanted to add that it looks particularly awesome with your hair!

Thanks a lot! :flower: