PDA

View Full Version : Hair supplements

yummie
January 26th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Hey LHC! I've been taking nature's way hair skin and nails supplement for about three months and have been getting a lot of new growth, shedding less and my length has been growing much faster. My nails are growing really fast too. I am not claiming that it will work for all but it is working great for me. I have tried biotin, spring valley hair supplements and prenatal vitamins with little to no results. So far I think i will be sticking to my current supplement. Just wondering if anyone out there have tried other hair supplements with good results?

MamaCimino
January 26th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Thats great that you have been seeing such great results! I currently am taking biotin (not sure on the amt.) and a prenatal. I just started consistently taking them two weeks ago so I'm not sure as to the results... I'm going full force in my hair growing adventure. I'll measure my hair tomorrow after it dries so ill have some thing to compare it to

candycandace
January 26th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I have been taking MSM for three months now and I've noticed that my hair has went from .25 inches of growth per month to about .75 inches a month. My growth rate could have increased due to the recent MN applications I've been doing as well :hmm:.

MamaCimino
January 26th, 2012, 11:11 PM
I have some on my head right now... How often do you do that?

shikara
January 26th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Ill be checking in two weeks for growth rate, and after a year for circumference. Because of a couple joint issues, I recently started msm (and chondroitin and glucosamine), with our winters here vit d, zinc - plus multi and B...hmmm what else...I do try to be careful not to overdo a good thing tho! Overall healthy earting...most important for my growth rate seems to be not being sedentary!!

Mommyof4
January 27th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Ones that work for me:

*3-5,ooo mcg of biotin
*MSM 1-3,000 mg
*Fo Ti Root 610 mg
*Colloidal Silica 50mg
*Flax Seed oil capsules
*Probiotics (keep natural bacterias in balance and aid in absorption of vitamins/minerals)

**Rejuvicare Vitamins are a cheaper way to get a good bit of hair/skin/nail vitamins that work for a cheap price. I found them at walmart for around $7.

I buy my supplements from a vitamin store so I can get large amounts of the specific ones I want, but when I ran out for a while, I liked Rejuvicare tablets and Drink too!

Tota
January 27th, 2012, 01:02 AM
I take fish oil for a month now. It's too soon to see effects on hair, but my skin feels much better now, I feel like it's more hydrated from within if that makes sense... I also take multivitamins, magnesium and calcium, D3 and chlorella algae but unfortunately I don't see any effect on hair although I was told that I will.

Before that I was taking brewer's yeast pills and my skin broke out terribly and it took quite a while to get better. So now I'm afraid to take B vitamins though I really want to :(

jacqueline101
January 27th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I buy hair skin and nail vitamins. I take a multi vitamin and do well.

yummie
January 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Cool! thanks for the replies.. The supplements i'm taking contains MSM too and I've heard a lot of success stories with it so that could be what's causing the hair growth because everything else is just herbs and spices. I also take fish oil def see a difference in my skin.

Kelikea
January 27th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I take MSM, rooibos extract, zinc, omegas 3-6-9, cal-mag-D, garlic, acv, burdock root, and female balance and my hair grows about .25in a month. I was taking a multi as well, but stopped because my face was breaking out.