PDA

View Full Version : Over-Oiling

Synnovea
January 26th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Today I thoroughly oiled my scalp with Nightblooming's Triple Moon Ointment, which I like but have only used sparingly up until this point, plus I oiled my length with about a teaspoon of coconut oil. I left my hair alone for about 1.5 hours then washed with a clarifying shampoo followed by a deep conditioning. As my hair was drying I put a pea-sized amount of coconut oil in the ends, also something I do regularly. However, the hair around my scalp seems slightly greasy and limp. I think I might have been a bit zealous with the anointing oil.

How do I remedy this? What is the best way to wash my hair next time? Another clarifying treatment seems like it might be too harsh. I usually CWC. Will this do the trick? Any suggestions are appreciated.

dmarie16
January 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM
When I do a heavy oiling, I work a conditioner into my hair before I get into the shower and let it set for about 20 minutes. I rinse very well in the shower, THEN I use Suave clarifying shampoo followed by a heavy conditioner. The first conditioner helps dissolve the excess oil.

Synnovea
January 27th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'll try doing that before my next shower.

B-L
January 27th, 2012, 02:08 AM
When I do a heavy oiling, I work a conditioner into my hair before I get into the shower and let it set for about 20 minutes. I rinse very well in the shower, THEN I use Suave clarifying shampoo followed by a heavy conditioner. The first conditioner helps dissolve the excess oil.

I do the same. Only I don't even clarify. I CO wash and doing this gets the oil out even without poo.

pepperminttea
January 27th, 2012, 04:16 AM
I do the same. Only I don't even clarify. I CO wash and doing this gets the oil out even without poo.

Ditto. A CO wash with a light, cheap conditioner takes care of it. :)