PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Oil Gone Bad?

Moonlake
January 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM

Moonlake
January 26th, 2012, 03:50 PM

melirod
January 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM
That is odd. :confused: I use the 54oz Nutiva EVCO also and have never had anything like that in mine.

allio21
January 26th, 2012, 04:03 PM
That is how mine looked. When I got the jar the top was lumpy and the solidified oil makes the octagons. I just thought that was normal? I can't remember what brand I have since I put the last of it in a shallow jar. Maybe your old brand was processed differently?

Unless it smells bad it should be okay. Coconut oil has a long shelf life.
Have you used it yet?

Moonlake
January 26th, 2012, 04:26 PM

spike316
January 26th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Hmmm I'm a pretty heavy coconut oil user (I go through a 54oz tub about 2-4 times a year) nutiva is the brand of oil that i usually use, and I don't think I remember anything like that. O_o Can you take a picture and link it? Coconut oil has a 2 year shelf life so that's not the problem.

PixxieStix
January 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I use the Nutiva EVCO religiously too, and have not experienced any problems, but have had a jar I opened that looked like you describe, and it's since been used up with no problem. I put it somewhere warm to melt and then back in the fridge and the consistency was perfect! I did eat quite a bit of that particular jar. :D Ooooh, now I want cold CO for dessert, gotta go put the jar in the fridge!