PDA

View Full Version : My hair went from i to ii !!!

Annalouise
January 26th, 2012, 09:37 AM
:cheese: I finally got my ponytail to 2.5" ! Yay! Up from 2".
I take hair vitamins and I wash my scalp daily with salon shampoo and my hair is coming in so much better!

And, I went vegan over six months ago.

So I am officially in the "normal" hair range now! Yay!!!:)

Raponsje
January 26th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Congratulations. Sounds like You are taking good care of yourself. Hair likes that :)

gypsymoth
January 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I love to see that sort of cause and effect of taking care of your body and seeing great results. :p Congrats!

Amber_Maiden
January 26th, 2012, 09:46 AM
That's great!

Annalouise
January 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys!:)
And there is one more secret to my success: beer. I read that beer has minerals in it that are good for hair growth.

So now I'm an alcoholic but my hair is coming in super thick! :p ;)

cuties
January 26th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Congrats. That is awesome. Hopefully I can use some tips from you :)

ladonna
January 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM
So you drink the beer? A specific type? Just wondering because I drank some dark beer once when breastfeeding to up my milk supply. It did work slightly, but then the whole beer+breastfeeding didn't make me comfy.

MissHair
January 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Congrats! I know the feeling :)

MissHair
January 26th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Regarding the beer thing... Yesterday I bought brewers yeast pills from the health store. I highly recommend it to those who don't want to drink it!

http://www.solgar.com/pub/products/400.jpg

They contain alot of vitamins!

Georgies
January 26th, 2012, 10:07 AM
OP - that's awesome!

MissHair - thanks for the tip, I've been thinking of trying brewer's yeast powder but was put off by the bitterness. Pills sound easier!

Annalouise
January 26th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I have gluten intolerance, so I drink sorghum and rice beer. It's from Lakefront brewery. Sorghum beer is packed with nutrients as far as I can tell. I can't find the article I read originally, but I did find this just now:

"Derman et al. (1980) found that iron absorption from maize and sorghum beer was more than 12 times higher than that from the constituents that were used to prepare the beer.In traditional sorghum beer, most of the thiamine and about half of the riboflavin and niacin are associated with beer solids which contain the yeast (van Heerden and Glennie, 1987). The beer with the highest total solids contained the highest amounts of minerals and trace elements (van Heerden, Taylor and Glennie, 1987). Thus the beer is a source of vitamins, iron, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium. The beer contained 26.7 g starch and 5.9 g protein per litre." http://www.fao.org/docrep/T0818E/T0818E0h.htm

But traditional hops and barley beer is also full of nutrients.

I also do eat Brewer's Yeast occaisionaly. I have a vegan gravy recipe that is good and it contains brewer's yeast.

AndreaPetrea
January 26th, 2012, 11:01 AM
That's great! Congratulations! Maybe I should try vitamins and beer... I hate beer (I'm not a good Dane :scared:), but if it would make my hair thicker it would be worth the suffering 8)

luxepiggy
February 2nd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Congratulations!! That's great news - how exciting! (^(oo)^)

Annalouise
February 2nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks everyone.:) It is very exciting.

Silverbrumby
February 2nd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Beer! Woot I love the success story. I really needed it this morning as I was feeling down about my hair. I'm hoping to thicken mine up and I'll drink to that any day.

Aggemam
February 2nd, 2012, 04:05 PM
Great! I'm really hoping to improve the thickness of my hair as well by eating healthy and treating my hair nicely (I used to blow dry and wash every day and I'm suffering the consequences now...dry, split ends etc caused by ignorance of hair care)
Thanks to LHC I'll hopefully improve the state and also thickness of my hair!!

sfgirl
February 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
I'm so convinced the more veggies you eat the better hair you have. This isn't to diss people who eat a lot of animal products (I like them too!), but I think bodies just respond better to vegetables. :)

Stagecoach
February 2nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
What good news! Congratulations on your new thickness.

Annalouise
February 2nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks guys!:)
Good luck to those of you who are trying to thicken and lengthen.

Ligeia_13
February 2nd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Regarding the beer thing... Yesterday I bought brewers yeast pills from the health store. I highly recommend it to those who don't want to drink it!

http://www.solgar.com/pub/products/400.jpg

They contain alot of vitamins!

Ah, excellent! I was just about to say I don't particularly enjoy beer.

Amiblue
February 2nd, 2012, 04:57 PM
Awesome and congratulations!!!