PDA

View Full Version : WO for scalp only?

unknown
January 26th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I've been CO-washing for about a year now. I stopped using shampoo because my hair was getting greasy and had to be washed every 2 days not to mention how dry and unruly my hair would get.

Altough I've been stretching washes my hair still needs to be washed every second day. My already dead straight hair has gotten even flatter iii hair has looked a lot thinner ever since I stopped using shampoo....
I kept on CO-washing as I loved how soft and shiny my hair would get from it.

As I'm still trying to stretch my washes to once a week I decided to try WO on my scalp today and apply conditioner to the rest of the hair from the ears down as others have been recommending WO in-between CO washing. I love it!
My hair feels as clean as it used to feel when I was using shampoo and I've finally gotten some volume in my hair!
My hair looks twice as thick as well (as thick as it feels whenever I touch it) :)

I tried WO for 6 months and had no success at all so I got surprised that this worked.

Now I'm wondering If WO makes your hair greasy as fast as CO does? And can silicone-free products such as mousse be washed out with WO?
Could I keep washing my hair like this or would it stop getting clean after a while? Anyone else who washes their hair this way?

unknown
January 26th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Anyone? :confused:

Neneka
January 26th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I do that! I still wash/rinse my hair every day though. I noticed that something in conditioners made my scalp flaky and itchy but I didn't want to go totally WO as my hair liked CO very much. So I do WO to my scalp and CO for hair. I just have to be careful to not to let conditioner touch my scalp. I have no answers for your questions but at least my scalp really likes this. :) For me this is working better than anything I have tried (total WO, CO, poo bars, BS and ACV, S&C, you name it).

unknown
January 26th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I do that! I still wash/rinse my hair every day though. I noticed that something in conditioners made my scalp flaky and itchy but I didn't want to go totally WO as my hair liked CO very much. So I do WO to my scalp and CO for hair. I just have to be careful to not to let conditioner touch my scalp. I have no answers for your questions but at least my scalp really likes this. :) For me this is working better than anything I have tried (total WO, CO, poo bars, BS and ACV, S&C, you name it).

Great! :) Did you get any weird waxy build-up on your scalp? (A lot of people in the WO thread were talking about it)

Neneka
January 26th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Great! :) Did you get any weird waxy build-up on your scalp? (A lot of people in the WO thread were talking about it)

I always get build-up on my hair after a while if I go 5 days or longer with just water but not on my scalp. I have actually been quite surprised of not having it. I have been doing this maybe 3 months and I haven't had any build-up issues. Actually my scalp feels a lot cleaner than it was when I used something on it. :)

PrairieRose
January 26th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I've been WO for 2 1/2 months now. I have been debating staying with it or not. In the past CO seem to heavy for my hair. But WO on the scalp and CO on the ends may not be too bad. Especially with WO in between. If I decide to quit full WO I may give that a try! Thanks for the great idea:)