PDA

View Full Version : Question about CWC!

Buffy
January 26th, 2012, 03:21 AM
when i wash my hair (usually 2 times a week) , i shampoo it twice because the first wash doesn't feel cleansing enough! (i rotate between a sulfate shampoo and a sulfate-free one)

So in this case what do you guys do when using the CWC method?

Condish-wash - condish-wash -condish?

I want to start doing it, but it seems a bit too much! Is that what you guys do?
Another 2 questions: Do you use a cheap conditioner for this, or your regular one? :) Plus, has CWC made a real difference in your hair condition?

B-L
January 26th, 2012, 04:19 AM
I don't do CWC, I do only CO washes.. but as I understand it, you should first have the conditioner in the lengths and shampoo on the salp and wash thoroughly .. then rinse it all out and then have the conditioner throughout your hair, from top to ends. Finally rinse it all out ..

Buffy
January 26th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Guys, nobody?.... :( :( :(

@B-L I get that, if i only want to wash my scalp once! But if i want to wash it twice i have to repeat the process all over again? That'smy question

bna_rapunzel
January 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I feel that shampooing twice is too much. (For my scalp and hair.)
I condition my whole length with a cone free Vo5 conditioner, shampoo my scalp only without rinsing out the first round of conditioner, then rinse them both out together, and then condition with (my hair likes cones so this is ok for my routine) either a cone free or a coney conditioner, and let that sit while I shave/wash/relax :)

You will find your routine with experimentation and patience. I love CWC and highly recommend it! Good luck! :) let us know what you find your hair loves :)

Amber_Maiden
January 26th, 2012, 07:00 AM
If I were you I would try experimenting with only washing your hair once- even if it doesn't feel cleansing enough. Most of the time it is. Shampoo is very stripping.

door72067
January 26th, 2012, 08:19 AM
when I feel the ~need~ for a second wash, I do, indeed, condish, wash, condish, wash and then use a deep condish as the last step, but I wash it out as a *normal* condish (meaning I don't let it stay on for any length of time even tho it is a deep condish)

I just use my regular condish for it which right now alternates between Renpure Organics in the red bottle, Renpure Organics in the green bottle and Avalon Organics Lavender

I have 2 different Renpure deep condish and the Aussie 3mm which I rotate around

sometimes it just seems like the scalp needs that extra sudsing

Lucky
January 26th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I see what you're saying. I agree with Amber Maiden, maybe try just washing once, perhaps with the sulfate shampoo to see if it gets your hair clean enough.

If that doesn't work, indeed, I think the only way to do CWC and wash your scalp twice would be to apply condish a second time for the second shampoo. I think cheap conditioner would be a great idea in this case.

I use cheap conditioner for when I'm shampooing my scalp, then when I do my regular conditioning after shampooing and rinsing, I tend to use a conditioner that's more adapted to my hair's needs.

I've had a lot of luck with the CWC method, my ends tend to dry out and split rather easily and this has really helped me in keeping splits at bay while being able to shampoo my scalp enough (I have always had rather oily hair and I usually wash 3 times a week).

HTH :)

beachgirlla
January 26th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Question:
I started doing CWC but when I do the last CO I just run the water on it a little and keep it as a leave it, I use Granier triple nutritive, is it a bad idea to leave the CO on?

Lucky
January 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Question:
I started doing CWC but when I do the last CO I just run the water on it a little and keep it as a leave it, I use Granier triple nutritive, is it a bad idea to leave the CO on?

If your hair doesn't seem to mind, then I would say that it's probably fine, though if there are cones in the triple nutritive, you might want to clarify once in a while or maybe rinse it completely out once in a while.

hototogisu
January 26th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I always shampoo twice, and I CWC. I go conditioner - shampoo - conditioner - shampoo final conditioner. My hair simply doesn't feel clean after one shampoo.

hototogisu
January 26th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I'd also add that those of us with thinning, shedding hair benefit from shampooing more. If I don't shampoo thoroughly and often I shed more, and with my thinning hair I value scalp health over hair health.

Woosh
January 26th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Question:

I have been doing what you're describing aswell, with no ill effects so far.
During my last wash I actually didn't wash ANY of the conditioner out at all, and it worked pretty well.

Woosh
January 26th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I have been doing what you're describing aswell, with no ill effects so far.
During my last wash I actually didn't wash ANY of the conditioner out at all, and it worked pretty well.

Oops, I mean I didn't rinse out any at all. (sorry, still can't edit posts)

Buffy
January 27th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Thank you for your answers girls!!! :)

Buffy
January 27th, 2012, 02:48 AM
I'd also add that those of us with thinning, shedding hair benefit from shampooing more. If I don't shampoo thoroughly and often I shed more, and with my thinning hair I value scalp health over hair health.

Is this a "common knowledge" or does it come from experience? Because it happens to me too! I feel that my scalp is less happy and my hair shed a lot more if i don't shampoo thoroughly! (not over do it thought, i mean a good shampooing 2 times a week, 3 tops)

hototogisu
January 28th, 2012, 05:38 AM
It comes from experience and LHC! I co-washed for years and shed horribly, but didn't put two and two together til I read a few threads where people found co-ing makes them shed. I ditched the co in favour of shampoo and haven't looked back!

Henrietta
January 28th, 2012, 11:01 AM
So, to answer all your questions:
1. If I need to shampoo twice (hardly ever now, but always in the past) it was CWWC. No extra portion of C between the two W.
2. I use regular condish. After all I do not need that much of it and it is not that expensive.
3. I do see a change for better, I have less flyaways for instance, but nothing like "Oh, it is so soft" or "I have less splits, less damage".

simplysnuggle
January 28th, 2012, 09:44 PM
if i want to wash it twice i have to repeat the process all over again? That'smy question

If you really want to wash it twice with shampoo maybe you should CWWC

Condition wash wash condition. This almost defeats the purpose of the first conditioning. Also make sure you are not scrubbing or using too much soap on your length. You should only use whatever bubbles are left from washing your scalp to wash the length. Just squeeze it down the length and rinse out. Additionally if you omit using conditioner on your scalp your scalp shouldn't get as oily. And remember the more products you use in your hair the faster it will get dirty.

Hope this answers your question.

jeanniet
January 28th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I've done CWC where I've done a modified CO for the first C, using less conditioner and diluting it so that it distributes well from scalp to end. Then I shampoo, rinse, and condition again. That seems to be more cleansing than just regular CWC. If I were going to shampoo twice, then I would use conditioner twice, because when I do CWC the whole idea is to protect my ends from the shampoo.

Hollyfire3
January 29th, 2012, 12:30 AM
when i wash my hair (usually 2 times a week) , i shampoo it twice because the first wash doesn't feel cleansing enough! (i rotate between a sulfate shampoo and a sulfate-free one)

So in this case what do you guys do when using the CWC method?

Condish-wash - condish-wash -condish?

I want to start doing it, but it seems a bit too much! Is that what you guys do?
Another 2 questions: Do you use a cheap conditioner for this, or your regular one? :) Plus, has CWC made a real difference in your hair condition?

I don't CWC but i have been considering it to ward off dryness come winter months. I just wanted to say, thanks for starting this thread, it has answered some of my questions and also, i LOVE your name, is it after Buffy the Vampire Slayer? :D

Vanille_
January 29th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I put cheap conditioner on length. Shampoo top. Scrub, rinse.

Nice conditioner on bottom (or nothing). Shampoo again. Scrub, rinse.

If I didn't condition with the second wash, I condition now and let that sit as I do everything else in the shower.

So two or three steps max for me. (I don't condition my scalp as it tends to get oily)

Buffy
January 29th, 2012, 05:06 AM
I don't CWC but i have been considering it to ward off dryness come winter months. I just wanted to say, thanks for starting this thread, it has answered some of my questions and also, i LOVE your name, is it after Buffy the Vampire Slayer? :D

YES!!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer: One of my favorite shows ever!Glad i found another fan!! ;)

hototogisu , thank you for warning me about CO and shedding

Thank you everyone for your answers so far , you really helped me out!