PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a tangle teaser &

Cocoa_Crema
January 25th, 2012, 06:45 PM
also the bun donut! I'm so excited! I just tangle teased my curly 3a-b hair and now it's tangle free and wavyish with lots of volume. The ends however still have a little curl to them and are kind of tangly.

The reason that I'm excited is that the tangle teaser will hopefully give me an extra day to skip washing. I usually have to wash my hair on the third day because it's frizzy, curly, and matted. Now I can comb out the knots and wear it neatly up or halfway down. :) :cheese::cheese::cheese:

I'm also excited to use the donut to make buns. I've never used one so hopefully I'll get the hang of it! I'm going to find some tutorials on youtube. :)

sarahramen
January 25th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I got a tangle teezer for Christmas and I really like it, I lose a lot less hairs using it. I'm assuming that the donut is like the sock bun? If so look up Loepsie on you tube, she is amazing and has a few tutorials on it.

MoreWhenNuh
January 25th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I love my tangle teaser. A couple days after I got one i had to go get another for my dh because he was always stealing mine.

darklion
January 26th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I love my tangle teaser.... I think it's one of the best things I've bought for my hair journey.
It make combing out my hair soooooo much easier!!
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

LittleOrca
January 26th, 2012, 12:32 AM
TT's rock. After using mine once, Mr. Orca went and bought his own. :)

Cocoa_Crema
January 26th, 2012, 12:44 AM
:) It's pretty cool I have to say.

Do you use it in the shower as well?

LittleOrca
January 26th, 2012, 12:50 AM
I dont use mine in the shower. -If- I comb in the shower I use a wide-toothed comb

hanne jensen
January 26th, 2012, 01:22 AM
I love my TT. I also loved my donut. I never used elastics when I made a donut bun. They damage hair.

Bagginslover
January 26th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Can a TT be used on wet or dry hair? I don't have many problems with getting the tangles out when its wet and freshly conditioned, but when I wear it down it tangles SO MUCH!

I love wearing my hair down, but I haven't since starting here, but if I knew I could detangle safely, I would more often again.

Talula
January 26th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Anyone tried the Hair Bean? Shoot, just found the review below & they say DUD.

http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-deal-or-dud-hair-bean-20110921,0,6612002.story

Does the Tangle Teaser really work that much better?

I get really bad tangles, & have to cut little ones out a lot.

Long_hair_bear
January 26th, 2012, 05:39 AM
I love my tt! I never use it on wet hair anyway as I refuse to comb my hair if it's wet. :D

hellucy
January 26th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I bought a tangle teaser last summer & I love it.
Last week I bought the Flower Version Tangle Teaser for my 5 year old to encourage her to brush better. She has poker straight APL hair & she hates having it brushed. Now she does it herself & it doesn't hurt with her lovely new brush, she always manages to miss an inch wide strip in the middle at the back! which is also where she gets the worst knots - she still needs a bit of practice:)

Tota
January 26th, 2012, 05:56 AM
I can't live without it. Even thinking about loosing or breaking it gives me the creeps :) Here is TT social group if anyone is interested: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=236

Jessykins
January 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
i always use it in the shower to help apply the conditioner to my ends :) i find using a wide tooth comb pulls a bit and works no where near as good as a tangle teezer

error
January 26th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I think i may be the only one on the planet with a more negative reaction to the tangle teezer ! I find it great for removing lint , I had no idea my hair retained as much lint as it does , it actually took me a while to figure out what exactly i was combing out of my hair with it ! I did notice it took out so much of my hair ! It pulled more then my wide tooth comb and when I was done brushing I had such a huge hairball D:

Woods Nymph
January 26th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Yay for the Tangle Teezer!
I love mine! :hollie:

Sissilonghair
January 26th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I think i may be the only one on the planet with a more negative reaction to the tangle teezer ! I find it great for removing lint , I had no idea my hair retained as much lint as it does , it actually took me a while to figure out what exactly i was combing out of my hair with it ! I did notice it took out so much of my hair ! It pulled more then my wide tooth comb and when I was done brushing I had such a huge hairball D:

I think two on the planet...
I purchased a TT a couple of weeks ago.I was so happy when I received it in the mail,but I got very disappointed after I used it... and it did break my fine hair...I prefer much more my wide tooh wooden comb.
Maybe I do not know how to use it properly...or maybe my hair is too long for it.